IGNORED

XGay Greg & Dede Haislip- phantom pregnancy?

snarkbillie

I can't help imagining the conversation about the dress shirts and jacket.

"Hi, honey! I'm home!"

"Hello, my wonderful ex-gay gift from God!"

"Darling, I came up with the most marvelous idea! You know how I want my message -- let's say it together -- IusedtobegaybutJesussetmefree -- to be displayed everywhere I go?"

"Yes, my angel -- that's why it's on the car:

egTlEvb.jpg

Oh, by the way, we need a new rear bumper -- again."

"Sorry about that."

"And it's on that wonderful t-shirt you wore to Chik-fil-a!"

Is6YGWD.jpg

"Oh, yeah -- I love that t-shirt. Jesus looks really hot -- er, holy on it. But I can't take the car indoors, and t-shirts are just too, too tacky for work. I just can't talk to an audience at a pray-away-the-gay event in a t-shirt."

"I guess not. Oooooh, I think the baby just kicked -- want to feel it?"

"No thanks. So, here's my idea - embroidery!"

"Embroidery?"

"Yes, I'll have my message embroidered on dress shirts -- and on a sports jacket!"

"But won't it get broken up by the buttons?"

"Oh, you silly beotch - er, I mean -- no, my darling! We'll have it embroidered off-center! So chic!

tVO7B7m.jpg

AqJ6yoa.jpg

I'm thinking about a tuxedo, too -- for weddings!"

"Sounds adorable, my angel. Picturing you in those makes me warm all over. Would you like to make love?"

"No thanks -- I think I'll go rearrange my t-shirt drawer for a half-hour or so.That Jesus t-shirt is in there, right?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I could like your post a million times I would!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had to deal with a few similar situations several times in my job. I looked for tumors/other medical problems in all the cases but it always came down to a psychiatric issue not a medical one. In each case there was a "folie a deux" in that there was at least one other person (besides the patient) who bought into the delusion. I find these situations sad and difficult.

As for pregnancy post vasectomy - I've seen pregnancy post vasectomy + tubal (spontaneous - not due to surgical reversal). So it does happen.

Seriously Greg, your sexuality is none of anyones business. I bet he would complain if gay people wore shirts saying they were gay and proud, about how theyre forcing their sexuality on everyone else.

This lady needs to be on House. It's the only way her problem would ever get figured out. And House wouldn't tolerate her bs.

I think she's even crazier than aria_star, and that's saying something.

"The Lord" is quite possibly the worst obstetrician I have ever seen.

I truly am concerned about this woman and how this will all end. For her to be a nurse and it has not crossed her mind this is a very abnormal occurrence is alarming. Xgay Greg should worry less about people's sexuality and more about the mental health of his wife.

The homebirth thing is kind of scaring me too. My mind is automatically going to a scenario where she just turns up with a baby one day. I don't even think any of the idiots in her life would question her. I don't know...something about the look in her eyes. She looks like she's on the verge of something crazy, which is ludicrous considering what she's already up to. I mean she has "exgay" Greg for a husband and she's been pregnant with an invisible baby for 11 months. Of course she's on the verge of something crazy. :?

The homebirth thing is kind of scaring me too. My mind is automatically going to a scenario where she just turns up with a baby one day. I don't even think any of the idiots in her life would question her. I don't know...something about the look in her eyes. She looks like she's on the verge of something crazy, which is ludicrous considering what she's already up to. I mean she has "exgay" Greg for a husband and she's been pregnant with an invisible baby for 11 months. Of course she's on the verge of something crazy. :?

I wonder if one day she'll get, like really bad stomach pain and just sit around for weeks thinking she's having a baby. And then updates Facebook constantly on her never-ending "labor".

I hope I am wrong, but I agree she does give off a vibe of going to the extreme to prove the existence of this miracle baby. The thought of any child being raised in this household is, frankly, worrisome. I hope to sweet baby jeebus someone in her circle is concerned about all this. How long can this continue?

I just realized that as I scrolled down.

And scroll some more and you come to the one about meeting her soon to be new husband. And Jesus knew she was going to meet him because he told her as she was getting ready to visit this new church :

So the very next day, I was about to exit under the threshold of my room and I heard the Lord say, "put on your lotion". Now if you're a woman you know that when there is someone special in your life you take extra special care of yourself. YOU put on the lotion and make sure the legs are shaved and soft, you make sure that the makeup is just right and that there are no funky fragrances going on. I know you know what I'm talking about! You get it done and you get it done right!

So she meets xGay in December 2010, then no entry until the Two Impossible Setups in October 2011. When did they marry?

So is a phantom pregnancy and hysterical pregnancy the same thing? And is it physical at all, or is it all psychological?

I have some GI problems, and they make my stomach bloated. When it's very bloated, and if I pushed it out like she's clearly doing in the pics, I look pregnant.

The MIL checking her is so weird. What the heck does that mean?

Eta: on the Real Housewives of Atlanta picture post, she says she lives in North Carolina. But she's auditioning for real housewives of atlanta? Hmm. Ok.

Good gravy, check out one of her twitter posts:

Dede Haislip â€@DedeHaislip

@KimTurner7 Hey Doll! I need some gold teeth! I've written more songs including, "Put That Thing Away, and They Thought I Was A Retard".

2:36 a.m. - Jul 15, 2012 · Details

ETA I found one of exGayGreg's Facebook accounts, named "OVERCOMERministries" (no joke!!) on which he posted:

"Dede Haislip I am so in love with you. I never dreamed that I would ever find true joy in a Godly marriage not after how I totally messed up my first marriage, but then God gave you to me. In the past two years you have stuck by me when people have said that I have brainwashed you, friends of yours dropped you like a hot rock, and we have lived in abstract poverty because God said let it all go and trust Him. You amaze me. I'm pretty sure that there is no other woman out there that would put up with ALL that you have had to endure. My love for you continues to grow and I am excited to see where God takes us next. This very intense season is transforming into what God has been getting us ready to do. Baby - better days are ahead. God is having His way in the Greg Haislip family. We're still standing TOGETHER for Jesus, HALLELUJAH!!!"

I have to ask, what is "abstract poverty"?? :lol:

@KimTurner7 Hey Doll! I need some gold teeth! I've written more songs including, "Put That Thing Away, and They Thought I Was A Retard".

ETA I found one of exGayGreg's Facebook accounts, named "OVERCOMERministries" (no joke!!) on which he posted:

"Dede Haislip I am so in love with you. I never dreamed that I would ever find true joy in a Godly marriage not after how I totally messed up my first marriage, but then God gave you to me. In the past two years you have stuck by me when people have said that I have brainwashed you, friends of yours dropped you like a hot rock, and we have lived in abstract poverty because God said let it all go and trust Him. You amaze me. I'm pretty sure that there is no other woman out there that would put up with ALL that you have had to endure. My love for you continues to grow and I am excited to see where God takes us next. This very intense season is transforming into what God has been getting us ready to do. Baby - better days are ahead. God is having His way in the Greg Haislip family. We're still standing TOGETHER for Jesus, HALLELUJAH!!!"

It's poverty that exists without visual references in the world, it's still poverty, but with more amorphous shapes and squiggles. I'ts also known as contemporary poverty, (abigail) and nonconformist poverty (sparkling lauren).

It's poverty that exists without visual references in the world, it's still poverty, but with more amorphous shapes and squiggles. I'ts also known as contemporary poverty, (abigail) and nonconformist poverty (sparkling lauren).

Okay, I thought he was mis-using the world in place of "abject." Thank you!!

Okay, I thought he was mis-using the world in place of "abject." Thank you!!

He totally was, he's an idiot. I'm kidding. As far as I know, there's no such thing as being in abstract poverty. It's abject.

ETA: Is anyone else reading their last name as hairlip? Because I can't seem to read it correctly, it just comes out hairlip every time.

Did the lotion comments remind anyone else of Buffalo Bill? I had an image of Jesus as a cross dressing serial killer.

:lol: Yep, but I can also imagine Xgay Greg saying "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again" to his wife -- all while sporting that awesome embroidered jacket of his.

Oh yes, Greg is the Jackson Pollock of abstract poverty.

So is a phantom pregnancy and hysterical pregnancy the same thing? And is it physical at all, or is it all psychological?

I have some GI problems, and they make my stomach bloated. When it's very bloated, and if I pushed it out like she's clearly doing in the pics, I look pregnant.

The MIL checking her is so weird. What the heck does that mean?

Eta: on the Real Housewives of Atlanta picture post, she says she lives in North Carolina. But she's auditioning for real housewives of atlanta? Hmm. Ok.

Yes, phantom pregnancy = hysterical pregnancy = false pregnancy = pseudocyesis

According to WebMD

False pregnancy, clinically termed pseudocyesis, is the belief that you are expecting a baby when you are not really carrying a child. People with pseudocyesis have many, if not all, symptoms of pregnancy -- with the exception of an actual fetus. This unusual condition accounts for one to six out of every 22,000 live births. In rare cases, even men can have a false pregnancy. Some men experience a related phenomenon known as couvade, or sympathetic pregnancy. They will develop many of the same symptoms as their pregnant partners, including weight gain, nausea, and backache.

Only recently have doctors begun to understand the psychological and physical issues that are at the root of pseudocyesis. Although the exact causes still aren't known, doctors suspect that psychological factors may trick the body into "thinking" that it's pregnant.

When a woman feels an intense desire to get pregnant, which may be because of infertility, repeat miscarriages, impending menopause, or a desire to get married, her body may produce some pregnancy signs (such as a swollen belly, enlarged breasts, and even the sensation of fetal movement). The woman's brain then misinterprets those signals as pregnancy, and triggers the release of hormones (such as estrogen and prolactin) that lead to actual pregnancy symptoms.

Some researchers have suggested that poverty, a lack of education, childhood sexual abuse, or relationship problems might play a role in triggering false pregnancy. Having a false pregnancy is not the same as claiming to be pregnant for a benefit (for example, to profit financially), or having delusions of pregnancy (such as in patients with schizophrenia).

I have to wonder based on her claims of hearing from god (and the continued menstruation) if this is a schizophrenic delusion of pregnancy instead of an actual phantom pregnancy.

From the blurb about pseudocyesis: "This unusual condition accounts for one to six out of every 22,000 live births."

Wut? How can there be a live birth if there is no baby?

I'm more alarmed that all her friends believed he was brainwashing her!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he is controlling this whole situation......

:lol: Yep, but I can also imagine Xgay Greg saying "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again" to his wife -- all while sporting that awesome embroidered jacket of his.

I can see that, too! Foreplay maybe....

I'm just trying to picture the look on the face of the person working at the embroidery shop when he placed that order.

Archived