IGNORED

This could be interesting... #hazardousjourneys

Buzzard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The small child I was watching almost made a hazardous journey --right off the edge of the table. Unfortunately, I was too busy preventing that calamity to take a picture and post it. Oh, well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-315-1445199771742_thumb.jpg

View overlooking the sea in the Philippines. Photo by Isaac Weathers, currently leading an #HJSTeam on assignment in the #Philippines. Today Weathers writes, "After an nascar-style van ride from Manila, a few extra pesos to have the ferry delayed for us, a hazardous tricycle ride through the mountains in the dark, and a long trek along the beach, we finally arrived at our destination." #worththetrip @IsaacWeathers1

Yeah, that beach looks pretty fucking hazardous, doug phillips is a tool!

What the fuck is a "nascar-style van ride?" Were you racing another van in circles? Were you drafting off another guys tail before you thrusted forward to victory? :auto-swerve:

You bribed the ferry and inconvenienced how many people so you could play bumpity bumpity?

HAZARDOUS TRICYCLE RIDE? I dont even know how thats possible! I envision dougie on his big wheels peddling frantically trying to catch an intern yelling "ONWARD!"

And after all is done, they walk along the beach. :music-tool:

A hazardous tricycle ride sounds fun, I imagine a bunch of grown men racing little plastic toddler trikes.

A VAN ride? Pffft. I bet it was air-conditioned and fully fitted for every comfort. They should have taken a jeepney if they wanted to carry on with their hazardous theme. :snooty:

Those #hazardousjourneys made my week so far! :lol:

Seriously, though, is it just me or is Doug being uncommonly quiet about the journeys? There was a huge teaser about 15 journeys being announced in February, but then...not much. The FB page and other places have no mention of where these journeys are going and I'm actually kind of surprised that they haven't posted requests for aspiring VF interns er...brave young men to get bilked out of their money sign up for this great opportunity!

What a tool. Tricycle ride? Why am I not suprised, their last "hazardous journey" was to a resort in CO with fully furnished cabins, pool and hot tub. Plus all the manly men went on a choo-choo train ride!!

, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Won't mention it to Doug, though. It would be too defrauding to him, he'd be soooo tempted to cadge this woman's experiences and claim them as his own. She's lived the real deal, bucko. No trike rides, no pesos with which to bribe. More like clothes on her back and spoiled rations and being told to plant a garden on soil so rocky it was simply impossible.

"Hazardass" journeys, more like it, dear Douglas Winston.

HAHAHAHAHAH! Touristy area near Manilla dangerous? Did they come across too many Catholics?

They should go to Jolo. Its by far the best place for them to go (please be reading this interns) its more fun if you go without any guns or armed guards. You would all prove yourselves to be real men. Please!

Probably not 100% relevant, but when I saw this on Cheezburger, my first thought was, "It's the hazardous journeys society!"

post-188-14451997721494_thumb.jpg

Wimmenz can't survive hard things (except childbirth but teh lawd made them do that) without the support of a man. Doug Phillips is a tool says so. Amen.

Intern! Go make notes for the next VF catalog. Rocky garden needs to be a wimmin toy!

• 1 month later...

I think he thinks "Hazardous Journey = All Travel" (With Manly Men)

Apparently a mosque is a #hazardousjourney per doug phillips is a tool.

[attachment=0]mosque.JPG[/attachment]

What, because he's in danger of being converted? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Doug is kind of bad at risk assessment.

Archived