IGNORED

Guess who has godliness inside of her?

It's Lori.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/02/new-creatures-in-christ.html

In today's posting, she again defends her precious Michael Pearl and then talks about wanting to be like Paul.

I want to be encouraged to walk blamelessly as Paul said he did. I want to adorn the gospel by being obedient and not blaspheme it by being disobedient. I want hope of being able to overcome any sin by the blood that was shed for me and the power that raised Christ from the dead that lives inside of me.

Michael preaches this. Paul preaches this. Paul never calls believers sinners. He calls us saints. We are new creatures who can choose to walk in holiness. Yes, we will chose to sin at times but it is no longer who we are or how we live our lives. Sin doesn't define us anymore.

We are called to be salt and light to a dark and decaying world. I love having preachers who walk the talk and aren't afraid of saying it and admonishing their listeners to do the same. We have the Creator of the universe living inside of us. If our gospel can't free us from sin, it is a weak gospel indeed.

My gospel is powerful! My God lives inside of me and has given me everything I need for life and godliness. I believe Him! His Word is truth. I rejoice that I no longer have to walk in sin and be a slave to sin, but I can walk in holiness and be a slave to righteousness.

A good enema or ex-lax will take care of the godliness in her.

Per Suzanne Hinn she may need a holy ghost enema youtube.com/watch?v=2jhw_5ye8Qo

What is the fascination with Paul? "Paul says..., Paul did..." What about Jesus? Odd they don't just identify as Paulians.

I don't believe anyone who beats kids can be described as 'Godly'.

I don't either. But in Godly Queen Lori's eyes she is godly because she didn't spare the leather strap. I bet Lori wishes she could get in bed with Michael Pearl.

Aaaand...done in one!

Okay, so not quite "done": What part of, "Michael Pearl has blood on his hands," does Lori not understand? And this is new blood; the blood of children - adopted children, who are in the weakest social position; "the least of these."

Pearl's methods get people killed. His message is poison, as well. Any casual reader of his website can see what a complete, self-absorbed asshole he is - and his idiot wife is no better.

I don't believe anyone who beats kids can be described as 'Godly'.

The god of the Bible was no model for how children should be treated. According to the Bible he wasn't above ordering the wholesale slaughter of children and adults alike.

The god of the Bible was no model for how children should be treated. According to the Bible he wasn't above ordering the wholesale slaughter of children and adults alike.

Jesus said that no one was to mistreat children, and it's Jesus' words that should be (imo) the priority for Christians.

From the comments section

misti · 2 hours ago

Churches have moved towards the warm and fuzzy messages. I think in this day and age we need more direct messages.We need an awaking! Don't be afraid to call sin what it is, SIN. I'm so tired of people tip-toeing around sin b/c they don't want to offend or upset......

From the comments section

That's not why I "tip-toe" around it. In fact, I don't: I think what Michael Pearl advocates it not only wrong, but *gasp* SINFUL:

"Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." -- Deuteronomy 6:7 (and 11:19 - emphasis mine)

"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." -- Phesians 6:4

"Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged." -- Collosians 3:21

Talk to, nurture, don't discourage...

...nope; nothing about beating them until their organs fail.

As for lesser moral failures as they exist in others, I generally don't go out of my way to point those out because I know for every instance where I find some flaw in another, there are three more fingers pointing back at me - and, alas, truly, some of my own deeds have been terribly wrong.

EDIT: And here is one more good reason to abstain from hunting for sin in others' behavior: "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." -- Matthew 7:2

There are a lot of warnings like that throughout the Bible. The implication is pretty clear: If you develop some measure for other people and yet you fall short of it, whether intentionally or not, then you're in...uh...a lot of trouble.

Aaaand...done in one!

Okay, so not quite "done": What part of, "Michael Pearl has blood on his hands," does Lori not understand? And this is new blood; the blood of children - adopted children, who are in the weakest social position; "the least of these."

Pearl's methods get people killed. His message is poison, as well. Any casual reader of his website can see what a complete, self-absorbed asshole he is - and his idiot wife is no better.

I cannot believe that that's a real book, that someone actually advocates child abuse and that people follow him. I'm gobsmacked.

I cannot believe that that's a real book, that someone actually advocates child abuse and that people follow him. I'm gobsmacked.

And he is such, such, such, SUUUUCH (!) a fucking liar, too:

We do not teach 'corporal punishment' nor 'hitting' children," Michael Pearl, CEO of No Greater Joy Ministries, wrote in an emailed statement to The Post. "We teach parents how to train their children, which sometimes requires the limited and controlled application of a spanking instrument to hold the child's attention on admonition

"If indeed these parents were abusive, and that has not yet been proven by the courts, it is regretful that our teachings were not able to turn them from their predisposition to abusive habits," he stated.

(Linked in my post)

Pearl's crazy word redefinition project has severely retarded the rational part of his daughter's mind as well: Observe...

Yes, I always thought Lori was full of shit, lots and lots of shit.

And what is up with fundies obsession with Paul? It's like Jesus is an afterthought with these people.

Yes, I always thought Lori was full of shit, lots and lots of shit.

And what is up with fundies obsession with Paul? It's like Jesus is an afterthought with these people.

The thing about Paul still really confuses me. But I guess it might be because Paul's letters holds more direct advice and admonitions than other parts of the bible and so it might seem easier to follow and quote.

Frankly, she kind of disgusts me... and she really shows that her focus is on hitting children and wives "giving sex" to their husbands.

... the enema comment was hilarious though! :lol:

Not only is it real, you can read it for free:

http://www.quicksilverqueen.com/ttuacbook.html

(link not broken because she is an anti-Pearl person)

Pearl insists that his "training" is preventative, and actually results in ending abuse. He has his own version of the English language, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have followers.

The thing about Paul still really confuses me. But I guess it might be because Paul's letters holds more direct advice and admonitions than other parts of the bible and so it might seem easier to follow and quote.

It's true, you can find bible verses to support just about any point if you take them out of context. Paul's words make for some great justifications for people to be as prejudiced, judgmental, and abusive as they want to be while claiming to be following god's will.

Paul was pompous, dictatorial, and generally misogynist-it's no wonder fundies love him. Especially Lori.

"They play together well, resolve their own conflicts and don't expect attention when one turns the rocking horse over and gets a knot on her head."

Heaven forbid a child seek some comfort or alert their parents when they crack their fucking heads open.

If you haven't read TTUaC I highly reccomend it, but you will rage at every sentence and even be reduced to tears, but it's good to know the text.

Fundies DO seem to love Paul. Then again, I always thought fundies seem to focus on Jesus and forget about God. Of all the people who worship this asshole, I think Lori is one of the worst. I was shaking out my jeans the other day and accidentally (lightly) whacked myself on the thigh with the end of my belt. It hurt like hell and left a mark and it barely touched me, so I can only imagine how excruciating it must be to be whipped over and over with that strap by a parent or grandparent whose intent is to HURT you, make you cry and break your spirit.

Read the whole thing last night. Why are these people just so cruel to their babies?? :(

You cant spoil a newborn baby, its impossible. When they cry its cause they need something.

Asking your child if theyre OK if they fall over or picking up a crying baby who fell over wont turn them into a "sissy", ignoring them just shows them you dont care.

He pushed his child in the pond???? What kind of psycho does that???

Nothing wrong with getting stair gates and putting harmful things out of childrens way. Its not like if you do they will grow up not knowing things are dangerous, you can take the stair gates down when they are able to safely climb the stairs, and when a kid is older you can teach them not to touch things and they will understand without being beaten.

This disturbs me:

"For two years after our first child, my wife was unable to conceive; when she finally did, she had a miscarriage. After three years, the little fellow whose name we had picked out five years earlier was finally born. Our first son! My wife was ever so possessive. By the age of one, he was so attached to her that I had to submit a request well in advance if I wanted to spend some time with her. We were in no danger of having any more children. He could not be left with a baby sitter unless she was blessed with deafness. I didn't know much about children, and thought this was just a stage that would run its course. A friend who had more experience as a father was the one to show us different.

I guess the men just had all they could take of this two-year-old with the umbilical cord still attached. My wife was the child's willing slave until that fateful day in April. I can still see my friend walking up to the car where we were unloading at a church outing. With the other conspirators shadowed in the background, he came up to my wife, reached out, swept Gabriel away and said, "I'll take him," and was gone.

I couldn't understand what he wanted with that bucking, screaming, desperate kid who was reaching back over his shoulder pleading with his mother to rescue him. His accomplices closed in behind him as if to prevent any rescue. I supposed the misguided fellows would soon want to return him like one would want to return a cold to its donor.

To my wife it was the opposite of giving birth. She was being weaned. After a couple of hours the "trainer" came back around with a new Gabriel, laughing and enjoying the men's company. He didn't run to his mother or resume his crying."

Seriously??? They let a group of men (even ones who were friends of the Pearls) kidnap their child and take him away for a few hours?? He could have been murdered, or molested or sold to someone who wanted a baby. Generally people dont kidnap toddlers for good reasons. They were probably beating him for most of that time, knowing the Pearls.

Since when do kids who play with Barbies role play being a sex goddess. OK, I did some things the Pearls might not approve of, like dressing male dolls in girls clothes, or making some of them date eachother instead of court. Most of the time me and my sister did things like act out the same sort of things you would with a baby doll, with Barbie, a smaller child doll and a little plastic baby doll and had her look after her children, or put my dolls in a car and make them go on vacation to various places round the house.

The girl hitting her dolls doesnt mean that what they are doing is good. It just means that she sees people hitting babies as normal. Abused kids often will role play abusive situations, even in the kind of abuse that the Pearls dont approve of.

All of these problems that come up in the book are either normal developmentally appropriate things for a child to be doing, problems caused by the parent or things that have an easy solution that involves natural consequences rather than spanking.

Wasn't michael Pearl the one who wrote how he could just walk into his children's rooms at any time (even the girls) ?

[redacted]! I thought for sure that this thread was going to be about Miss Raquel. After all, if God can give her a horse, having godliness inside her is a given.

Archived