IGNORED

State of the Union 2013-MERGED

bekkah

Many of us are not American, but I figured that this would be a topic of interest. The President has just begun speaking (EST) and has so far quoted JFK and said that our troops are coming home.

Many of us are not American, but I figured that this would be a topic of interest. The President has just begun speaking (EST) and has so far quoted JFK and said that our troops are coming home.

Boehner looks like he needs a cigarette.

I like what I'm hearing so far.....we'll see how it plays out in congress.

Boehner looks like he needs a cigarette.

I like what I'm hearing so far.....we'll see how it plays out in congress.

Boehner needs to lay off the bronzer. :lol:

HA the smart ass grin about cutting ribbons on new businesses, hell YES give the kids everything they need. I could only wish my kids (born/educated in the US) will get all of this without my foot up their rear ends. One day, perhaps. In the meantime.. they will be glad one day that my foot is large.

On fathers: "It's not the ability to conceive one. It's the ability to raise one."

Dude on our right (President's left) looks like he's drinking bourbon out of that glass. Yes, I should know his name. Hopefully he won't blow me or my boys up tonight for lack of political knowledge. Or for grammer mistakes. ;)

I've googled the green ribbons. Apparantly we are going to just wear green ribbons for various mental diseases?!

Damn good thing I usually wear tiedye.

ETA I am woefully ignorant of the exact meanings of the uniforms shown tonight - those of the men sitting down amongst the people giving a standing ovation. Also, I'm more than amused with the comparisons to Romney's wants. Especially with the final "Of course, what I have said has mattered little.." Nail their asses.

Boehner needs to lay off the bronzer. :lol:

One of my Facebook friends said that Boehner looks like he needs to pass gas.

On a serious note I DO have to call Boehner out on not showing proper respect for the 102 year old lady who waited in line for HOURS to vote! What a complete and utter jerk!

My Facebook friends have thus far not commented. I'm personally happy that the President even gave mention to equal rights, HUGE mention! Better than I've seen in my 33 years. He really is making a big stand on gun rights. I live in the holy Shit South and hear about this daily.

I was wrong about the green ribbons - according to the news person those are for those we've lost to guns?

Also, while I've been ever so distracted by our President, the LA serial killer has been confirmed dead. I'm sure one of our fave bloggers will have a well written poem on that coincidence.

One of my Facebook friends said that Boehner looks like he needs to pass gas.

:lol: He either looks like he is about to cry or crap himself.

My eyes are seriously sore from all the eye rolling directed at the GOP. I witnessed the same politicians that claim to be pro-life continuing to sit on their asses when the President was talking about bettering the lives of American families and children. Yay for hypocrites!!

Josh Duggar retweeted this:

Can someone please remove the child from the adult table? I just have no patience for him tonight. :angry-cussing:

Anyone see Rubio's not-so-smooth grab for his water during the GOP response?

http://deadspin.com/5983866/lets-all-wa ... low-motion

This one move gave my nephew two sentences in his required paper :) It was also right on time - about 15 minutes into the questioning of me about all Things Political. Reason #1086 I cannot homeschool the monkeys.

Actually, he looks like he died 3 years ago, and the GOP had him stuffed for appearances' sake.

Could be. A working brain is obviously not a prerequisite for membership in the GOP.

That was hilarious, and the gulping sound was a bit awkward. :? I guess he needed some water to wash down all the bull shit he was spewing.

Those rebuttal speeches are not that long, it seems like he could make it through without his baby bottle of water, but since they KNOW he's on camera, could they not have placed the stool a bit closer to him? The stool is clearly going to be out of camera range even if it's right next to him because it's very low. Why make the guy look like more of a doofus because he has to lean almost off camera while trying not to, to get his wa wa.

Those rebuttal speeches are not that long, it seems like he could make it through without his baby bottle of water, but since they KNOW he's on camera, could they not have placed the stool a bit closer to him? The stool is clearly going to be out of camera range even if it's right next to him because it's very low. Why make the guy look like more of a doofus because he has to lean almost off camera while trying not to, to get his wa wa.

I agree. It appeared like he needed to go to the next room to get a drink of water. Maybe he pissed off an aid before hand and they put his water in the next room.

Rubio's water move was both rico and suave. Just sayin'. And him drinking during his speech really took it to the meta level given that there were State of the Union drinking games going on while he was talking, I'm sure.

Archived