IGNORED

Boehner: End Abortion 'This Year'

doggie

This should be reblogged. But the math would sail right over pro-lifers heads.

Ummm..... yeah.... I think if you are going to talk about math sailing over someones head you might possibly want to check your statistics... even if you have 0 knowledge regarding homelessness simple common sense should tell you that stating 50% of U.S. children are homeless makes no sense. That is just ridiculous. So all the numbers derived from that are a complete fail.

I think someone got a bunch of random statistics jumbled together. About 1 in 50 U.S. kids are homeless - not 50%. SOME studies in some areas state that almost 50% of the homeless population are families with children.

Not even remotely the same as 50% of U.S. children being homeless.

I'm not saying homelessness for children isn't a huge issue , I know it is - but to overstate thing so hugely isn't going to help your point.

ETA: for missing words

Ummm..... yeah.... I think if you are going to talk about math sailing over someones head you might possibly want to check your statistics... even if you have 0 knowledge regarding homelessness simple common sense should tell you that stating 50% of U.S. children are homeless makes no sense. That is just ridiculous. So all the numbers derived from that are a complete fail.

I think someone got a bunch of random statistics jumbled together. About 1 in 50 U.S. kids are homeless - not 50%. SOME studies in some areas state that almost 50% of the homeless population are families with children.

Not even remotely the same as 50% of U.S. children being homeless.

I'm not saying homelessness for children isn't a huge issue , I know it is - but to overstate thing so hugely isn't going to help your point.

ETA: for missing words

Thank you for pointing this out. That whole 50% figure made me go whaaaah? :shock: there is just no way that is correct... but as I am not very confrontational, I am glad that you looked up the correct figures and provided them. We don't do our cause any good by falling prey to the same distortion of facts and failure of critical thinking that we would (and do) ridicule from the opposing viewpoint. When they use their fairy tales and straw men to back up arguments, we must be scrupulous about backing up our position with correct information.

Archived