IGNORED

Cathrynn Brown / Election over - cant get worse? merged

doggie

No. NONONONO. How can this shit keep getting worse? Holy fuck.

Well thanks, doggie, I hadn't had my daily panic attack yet! :lol:

Sorry about that. I seem to find the craziest stuff.

I suggest that we transfer all embryos of rape victims to the uterus of this woman and have her carry them to term at which point they can be used as evidence.

This is unbelievable!! As has been said many times before, you can absolutely use aborted material as evidence in a rape trial- I've seen it happen (11 year old raped by step father). You see, the DNA that is used is actually present all the way through pregnancy. It doesn't magically appear only when a baby is birthed.

Is the woman who proposed this a SODRT graduate or something? Because yeah, that shows a profound misunderstanding of how DNA and biology works.

I can't even... What. The. Fuck. What, the actual, Fuck! Oh, and now this dumbass is saying that (from HuffPo article)

she introduced the bill with the goal of punishing the person who commits incest or rape and then procures or facilitates an abortion to destroy the evidence of the crime. 'New Mexico needs to strengthen its laws to deter sex offenders. By adding this law in New Mexico, we can help to protect women across our state.'

Really? I mean, really? How can this WOMAN looks herself in the mirror everyday and be even remotely happy with what she's doing. I have no words. This sickens me to my core. Disgusting excuse of a human being.

edited to fix quotes because I'm worthless on my phone

Is the woman who proposed this a SODRT graduate or something? Because yeah, that shows a profound misunderstanding of how DNA and biology works.

You see, we're doing it wrong. Since in a case of legitimate rape the female body will shut the whole thing down this only affects the illegitimate rape victims. Since they clearly got pregnant through irresponsible behavior, drug use, and welfare money misused to buy drugs and diet soda they are being protected by being forced to carry the pregnancy so they can get more welfare money to misuse and buy more drugs. It makes total sense! :roll:

By a woman no less. Nice.

There have been several of these bills etc. proposed by women. I wonder what that whole party/coalition whatever you want to call them is thinking. "Oh but if a woman puts it out there, she won't get pilloried the way that a man would, so hey lets get a bunch of small minded women to do the dirty work too!"

It is absolutely sickening that a woman could do this to another woman. Obviously she lacks any kind of empathy. :evil:

If anyone needs any further proof that the GOP hates women (except those pretty enough to put on Fox News, of course), I don't know what to say to you. So angry I'm shaking.

All this bill would do is to make rape victims less likely to come forward. What happens when the baby is born? Will the rapist be able to sue for custody or visitation rights? We are rightly shocked at countries that force victims to marry their rapists but sometimes I think that the crazies would welcome forced marriage. After all, the father gets control and the state doesn't have to worry about supporting the baby the woman was forced to carry.

She is now saying that the original wording was wrong. I'm not buying it. This woman is an attorney. If she can't get wording on a bill correct, she is as useless as an attorney as she is as a legislator. Even with her "clarification", it is still a ridiculous idea.

They do realize that this evidence is goin g to become a real live person with feelings and needs, and they can't just stuff it in an evidence box in some warehouse after the trail? If the bill passes I suggest the first woman required to have her rapist's baby name the baby States Evidence Exhibit A in protest. Really though under what rock, wait no forget that in what shithole does the religious right find these people?

I've expressed my horror at this bill previously.

But... but... I just don't understand how it's supposed to work. I mean, if she claims this is 'in the interest of women' and to 'stop sexual assault'... then how?

Someone enlighten me.

But... but... I just don't understand how it's supposed to work. I mean, if she claims this is 'in the interest of women' and to 'stop sexual assault'... then how?

Someone enlighten me.

Ah, you see, it's to stop 'sluts' from screaming rape! when it's clearly consensual and since their bodies have ways to shut that whole thing down, so if they get pregnant, it's not real rape! It also prevents godly white republican men from being unlawfully imprisoned! Plus, she gets to marry him! Win win for all!

/end insane explanation

Really, I have no words for these people.

Someone enlighten me.

"In the interest of women" and "to stop sexual assault" my fat butt. IMO, it plays right into the hands of rapists intent on controlling and destroying their victims' lives. IF this law were to be passed, 1. the victim would be forced to carry, bear, and raise a child she might not even want or love, and 2. the rapist could go on committing sexual assaults knowing his victims would be forced to have those children regardless of how it might affect their lives (because theirs aren't important, right? Even if their lives are in danger if they continue the pregnancy?). IMO, it would be a way for a rapist to control his victim long after the rape.

She sure must hate women. I wonder if she hates herself for being one.

The Republican party used to boast of people like Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, and Dwight Eisenhower. Now the GOP is filled with these assholes.

well here is the I did not mean that retraction. it was really only keeping rapists from forcing abortions on the victim. Sure it was just keep telling us that.

Spout crap that makes you look like the enemanozzle you are then when the news reams you a new one clarify then rinse and repeat. it's called the GOP cycle.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... presented/

A New Mexico state legislator is under fire for a proposal critics say could lead to felony charges against rape victims seeking an abortion, but the legislator maintains the measure is being misrepresented.

Rep. Cathrynn Brown, a Republican from Carlsbad, said Thursday she will revise the bill, which she said was intended to target perpetrators of rape or incest who try to cover their tracks by forcing their victims to have abortions.

The bill's language states that the crime "shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."

Although the clause regarding intent would seem to preclude rape victims from being charged, several critics read the bill as possibly including them. Brown said she will clarify the language to remove any ambiguity.

New Mexico's Democratic Party chairman calls it an "atrocious piece of legislation."

Brown is an attorney who sits on the state Legislature's Judiciary Committee. She was not immediately available when contacted Thursday by FoxNews.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... z2J6F0nZ2y

well here is the I did not mean that retraction. it was really only keeping rapists from forcing abortions on the victim. Sure it was just keep telling us that.

Spout crap that makes you look like the enemanozzle you are then when the news reams you a new one clarify then rinse and repeat. it's called the GOP cycle.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... presented/

A New Mexico state legislator is under fire for a proposal critics say could lead to felony charges against rape victims seeking an abortion, but the legislator maintains the measure is being misrepresented.

Rep. Cathrynn Brown, a Republican from Carlsbad, said Thursday she will revise the bill, which she said was intended to target perpetrators of rape or incest who try to cover their tracks by forcing their victims to have abortions.

The bill's language states that the crime "shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."

Although the clause regarding intent would seem to preclude rape victims from being charged, several critics read the bill as possibly including them. Brown said she will clarify the language to remove any ambiguity.

New Mexico's Democratic Party chairman calls it an "atrocious piece of legislation."

Brown is an attorney who sits on the state Legislature's Judiciary Committee. She was not immediately available when contacted Thursday by FoxNews.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... z2J6F0nZ2y

Ugh! Who let this woman into law school? Liberty U?

Archived