IGNORED

Cathrynn Brown / Election over - cant get worse? merged

doggie

The stupid is past burns it is a nuke melt down. Of course this has nothing to do with rape and DNA as a blood sample is all tha'ts needed . what they gonna hold the baby up and compare faces to the rapist??? The saddest part it is a woman proposing this.

SO they are going to pay for this evidence for 18 years? So much is so wrong with this and so poorly thought out anti abortion stupidity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/2 ... 41894.html

New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape As 'Tampering With Evidence'

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown ®, would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does.

This is sick! I don't get the rationale at all. Wouldn't having an abortion be just as much evidence of sexual assault as carrying a fetus to term or does this lawmaker believe women who aren't pregnant are able to get abortions? At least it's unlikely to pass, but you know these assholes will keep trying.

*twitch* grah?

The stupidity, it burns!

At least it's unlikely to pass, but you know these assholes will keep trying.

It comforting that it's not likely to pass, but still horrifying that this is even a thing. I always said Americans had a way of bringing the crazy we just can't match up here in the north.

Edited to quote correctly.

Thats stupid and making it way harder for rape victims to feel safe in reporting.

Cant they test the aborted fetus for evidence if they really need to? Im sure it has DNA in it when its less than an inch long.

By a woman no less. Nice.

So at what point will the actual baby and the semen differ the 'It was consensual' argument. OH yes it won't. Just another right wing nut being a right wing nut. BUT hoping to slip this one in on the 'March for Life' week.

The obvious. It burns.

Do these idiots have no family members with sense to try to curb the worst of their stupidity? I guess not. How do they get through regular life being so ignorant?

Thats stupid and making it way harder for rape victims to feel safe in reporting.

Cant they test the aborted fetus for evidence if they really need to? Im sure it has DNA in it when its less than an inch long.

Yes, and we do all the fucking time. Its marked in the lab as "product of conception" and matched against swabs of the VICTIM and defendant.

Thanks so much for your help, Rep Brown, how 'bout you leave the prosecuting to the prosecutors and you go back to speeches and lunches, mmmm K?

Evidence?! I imagine that if fertilization takes place that semen would be present. That's no enough? Fuck that noise! My body. My decision. Fuck off!

If I were disfigured in an attack, can I get plastic surgery? Or is that tampering with evidence?

Gunshot victims probably have to leave the bullets inside too, just in case their removal would constitute tampering with evidence. :roll:

Thanks for posting this, doggie. I just read about this on DailyKos and was coming to post over here. This woman is just batshit crazy. Tampering with evidence my ass. Like a lot of posters have said, the police can get evidence for the DNA of the products of conception or the semen obtained from the rape kit.

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament. --Flo Kennedy

This shit pissed me off!

I would hope that the Supreme Court gets a tiny makeover during Obama's 2nd mandate...

I wish that Scalia will wisely decide to retire this year, so that Obama could name a replacement (I wouldn't count on it though). And while I'm at it, I'd like to suggest to Justice Thomas to do likewise in the next 2 years or so. Yup, he is a bit young-ish to retire from the S.C, but since he's most likely the laziest and least intelligent Supreme in the last 50 years...After retiring he could then become a full-time "researcher" at the Heritage foundation or, why not, a law prof. at Liberty U. while getting a nice govt. pension. Sweet! More dreams on my part.

Many conservative and libertarian commentators are not too keen on Thomas; libertarians hate him for the most part, while conservatives are only happy to have him vote with the 3 other main conservative justices 95% of the time. One of my hobby is to read US and Canadian Supreme Court decisions (yes, I'm weird like that! ). His opinions are a legal catastrophe, not only in that he's a shill for the hard right, but that he cannot explain an original opinion. His statements are, on average, 2 or 3 paragraphs only, without an original thought in them. I almost always disagree with Scalia, Alito or Roberts but at least they explain their point of view so you know how they arrived at their decisions. Scalia writes his point of view so well that I wish I could argue with him on the spot!

To think that Thomas was chosen to replace Thurgood Marshall, who was such a legal "giant". Now that man knew how to write. His decisions are a joy to read, even 30 years and more afterwards...

Sorry for my ireelevant musings on the US SC.

What lawmakers want to do in NM is illegal, it is, right? :o

I'm convinced that somewhere, maybe in the wilds of North Dakota, there is an uber-secret bunker or farm where they breed, indoctrinate, then unleash the crazies. They kidnap real people, replace them with replicants then insinuate the doppelgangers into positions of authority.

No. NONONONO. How can this shit keep getting worse? Holy fuck.

Well thanks, doggie, I hadn't had my daily panic attack yet! :lol:

That's it, I don't want to live on this planet anymore, so I'm getting my towel. What this is going to do is cause rape to be even more underreported than it already is.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

How screwed up does your mind have to be to think this is a viable course of action?!

Disgusting.

Just so I've got this straight--abortion is now wrong, not because of the whole sanctity of life crap (which yeah lets just leave that one for now) but because a fetus is evidence? Or, wait--the fetus is potential evidence. Not a potential life--oh, I just can't.

I suggest that we transfer all embryos of rape victims to the uterus of this woman and have her carry them to term at which point they can be used as evidence.

This is unbelievable!! As has been said many times before, you can absolutely use aborted material as evidence in a rape trial- I've seen it happen (11 year old raped by step father). You see, the DNA that is used is actually present all the way through pregnancy. It doesn't magically appear only when a baby is birthed.

Come now we need a visual face comparison to make it valid. How good is the cause when you have to go to such drastic horrible ends to achieve it? all life is valid even if it is just evidence. Well she can foot the 18 year bill to raise each of the children. Lets hope the duggers don't catch wind of it.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

How screwed up does your mind have to be to think this is a viable course of action?!

Crazy as a shithouse rat fucked up. So intent on your goal any means is justifiable. Now I am waiting for the keep them in jail and watch them 24/7 if a woman thinks about abortion law to happen.

Archived