IGNORED

Lose weight because SEX!!!!!111!!!

Koala

more like, Ken is a verbally and emotionally abusive prick and Lori has not only internalized his behaviour, but convinced herself it is godly.

I agree Ken is abusive. Since I started reading Lori's blog, I have found some of her views regarding marriage and how women should to be very disturbing. The way she describes Ken and the things he does never comes off as good. In the pictures there is something about Ken's eyes that give me bad vibes. I also suspect that her daughter married a man like Ken. In a posting from a month or two back, she talked about how her daughter got rid of clothes that her husband didn't like.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitches like Lori are the reason why I have a complex about my body....though now that I"m older, I"m trying to get over it and come to terms.

Fuck you. It's all up to the women to be model-pretty at all times for the headship but if the headship was big, then it'd be all good and because Jesus says it's good. :evil:

Lori pisses me the fuck off. She is a bitter woman, and I don't use that word lightly. She hates herself, hates other women, and hates her life. Instead of kicking Ken's ass to the curb, she tolerates his mental abuse and then tries to perpetrate that on other women. Notice in one of her comments where she states Ken will no longer mentor a man unless she is mentoring the wife? I can't imagine the poor people that get sucked into their world. :x

I just asked my husband if I should lose weight. He basically told me if I lose weight, he will (jokingly) strangle me. I'm a little underweight for my height. :lol:

Edited to add: He just said, "Babe, that sounds like a good idea. Put some meat on your bones. Why didn't I think of that before?" ROFL

Truly, just when I think I have read every assbackwards idea imaginable I read this:

A friend of mine told me many years ago that her husband didn't like sex because he had low testosterone. She was overweight. Years later, she lost a ton of weight and got into shape. She told me her husband won't leave her alone now!

Would your husband like you to lose weight? Ask him. We are called in Scripture to obey our husbands in everything! This is not taught today. Women do not want to hear this but if your husband would love for you to lose weight, you need to do it for him.

Go on the Paleo diet. Cut out all the sugar and desserts. Go on long walks everyday. Practice portion control. Stop drinking alcohol. Do whatever you need to do to please your man. Christ died to free you from sin. He tells us we have everything for life and godliness. Start believing Him!

Now that you realize gluttony is indeed a sin, you are filled with the Holy Spirit who gives you self-control, and your husband probably would love for you to be in shape {Some men like some meat on their women. You must ask him how much meat he likes!}, you have no excuse to overeat and be out of shape!

Good thing my man likes meat! :dance:

Truly, just when I think I have read every assbackwards idea imaginable I read this:

Seriously? Her husband is a bastard. He rejected her because she was overweight, but he won't leave her alone now that she's thin? I'd tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

***Searching in vain for the exploding head smiley, because I truly feel like my head is about to explode with the stupidity of it all***

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/ ... -container

Edited to fix the quotes I screwed up

Added to all that, the most common reason for low testosterone is being overweight. Husband is certainly not a treat.

Weight is unlikely to prevent women from having sex. Men, on the other hand....I know three of them who cannot find their own penises.

Ken ended up replying in that thread. Too bad he didn't marry a woman that had the guts to stand up to him. He'd have been promptly divorced at the first sign of such assholeish behavior and he might have learned his lesson. :evil:

Fuck me, I would click on this thread. Why can't I get away from Lori snark?! :x

I've had loads of issues with my body image. Not because I think I'm fat (quite the opposite, which is a whole 'nother can of worms not relevant to this thread) but I do have a lot of physical features that I really, really do not like, and do not mesh with society's current standards of beauty. And I can't really change any of them. The only thing that's not conventional that I do like, is my paleness, and that's the most easily fixable. Other things I don't like are my skin conditions, breasts, height, arms, and half the time I don't even like my nose. I can't really change any of those... well, I can't afford to. I don't beat myself up as badly as I used to, but I still do sometimes and it's very, very difficult to stop. Because everywhere I look, there's someone that looks better than me, and I want to look like them. Even if they're airbrushed models in some stupid ad, even if they're just random people in a stock photo, or someone I see out in RL who I don't even know.

I say way more about this online than I do in RL, so the guys I've dated don't have much of an idea of how much I hate the way I look. They just know there are things I don't like, and in that regard I'm not much different from anyone else they know. But they go on about how pretty I am, and I just. do. not. believe. them. At all. I've been conditioned not to, by this evil hag in my mind that tells me anyone who ever says anything nice to me is obviously lying and has some ulterior motive. Like those commenters on Lori's blog who tell that one woman that her husband is lying when he doesn't want her to beat herself up so much and that he likes her the way she is. I've even told some of them that they can't possibly be serious. That must be frustrating as hell for them. But they've all shown an extraordinary amount of patience with what I do say in RL, which really is comforting. It's also been an eye-opener for me, in that I realize I'm not beating myself up for the sake of any guy. I'm beating myself up to measure up to my own impossible standards, and to compete with women around me to try to make myself feel better (it fails, of course). Such is life in a patriarchy.

So whenever I see Lori spout bullshit about how women should conform to their husbands' wishes, every last one, even about appearance and things that can't easily be changed, it hits home, and it's why I can't fucking stand that awful twat. She says so many things that I've been conditioned to believe, and am trying my hardest to *not* believe. I've heard a lot of shit like that and I'm only 21, and unmarried, not even engaged. She's one of two fundies on here that I really, truly hate. The other being Kendal for the way she treats her kids. But I still hate Lori more.

Shouldn't her husband be concentrating on her enchanting countenance instead?

Well fuck it, I like bigger ladies and I cannot lie :lol:

It's not like being a chubby chaser, as I've heard people call it. I'm bi and I like the same things in women and in men. Confidence, a happy look, certain features and TBH their weight is nothing to me. I would only be worried if their health was in danger. It's really not an issue.

Funny, Dad only became concerned about Mom's weight when and if it effected her health. She had to take medication where weight gain was a side effect of the meds. No matter how hard she exercised she had a bitch of a time getting the weight off but Dad didn't care. He said that he loved her and thought she was beautiful no matter how she looked.

Suck on that Lori!

Love your Dad. Sounds like a man who loves and respects his wife.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate people who give medical advice while not knowing anything about the person they are giving the advice to.

3 x Gestational Diabetes led to quite a lot of weight gain. Epilepsy medication has a side effect of causing you to gain weight. Healthy eating, small portions and heaps of exercise has never led to weight loss. (It was never the aim; my prefered foods are fruit, vege & bread, I don't eat a lot because I don't get hungry, I walk because I can't drive - minimum of 15km a week to and from work and I try to swim at least 5km a week because it relaxes me which in turn, helps my epilepsy.) I just wrote my weight off as the result of my medicaton plus genetics as a lot of my family are big. Blood tests, investigating something else, showed my thyroid does work and probably hasn't for years. Started thyroid medication and the weight is just falling off.

Lori would never listen but I would love to tell her that (1) No amount of diet and exercise helps people who have a medical problem. No quiverful mum would have time to diet & exercise while home schooling and running her house. Stop making people bad. (2) My husband's sex drive has not changed in the twenty years I have known him. He loves me fat. He loves me thin. He loves ME. If your husband only loves you under certain conditions, I suggest it is your husband who needs to change and not you.

If your husband only loves you under certain conditions, I suggest it is your husband who needs to change and not you.

QFT x1000 :clap:

Ugh Lori Alexander, you've all said everything I could say.

My health nut friend was going off on a Facebook rant a few weeks ago against fad diets and the paleo diet and she said "our paleo ancestors only lived till their 30's"

I'm not a dietitian but I agree that I wouldn't follow a diet based on the eating habits of people who did not live long lives.

And what about the other way round? I'm very skinny no matter what I eat, and real-life skinny, as in, not very tall and not much boobage to speak off. What should I do if I wound up with a husband who liked "meat"? Force myself to eat?

And those men lying to their wives about their bodies, being duped by feminism into being nice to their wives. I suspect these women at some level know they're the ones being duped by the patriarchy, but don't have the strength to get out of their situation and therefore justify it and project the blamoe on feminism.

From the peanut gallery:

A reply from one of the sheeple:

And Lori chimes in:

:evil: :evil: :evil: (where have all of the smileys gone btw? Tell me Alecto didn't take those with her too)

ETA~ These women hate other women...and themselves.

Wow...just wow. :o

Archived