IGNORED

Lose weight because SEX!!!!!111!!!

Koala

Fuck her. Seriously. I have had poor body image since I can remember, and the majority of it came from asshats like her spouting crap off that basically meant "honey, you aren't ever gonna get a man to love ya unless you look like a Barbie doll". I was a size 5 in high school and felt that I was fat.

I am just now beginning to trust my guy when he tells me that he thinks i'm sexy and beatiful. This has taken me until my late 30's.

I wish leaking ass boils on her.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's one of the reasons this bothers me so much. I believe we (as women) have been sold a bill of goods about what a woman's body "should" look like. I refuse to alter my body for anyone but myself.

If my husband ever pulled anything like that, I would formally be known as "that crazy lady that took all of his shit in the divorce".

OMG. Last 2 comments. You have to read them. Just :o :o :o

Oh, that woman they told she just needed to exercise and lose weight because no matter what her husband said he probably thinks she's a cow (little paraphrasing here)? Yeah, turns out she's 5 3" and weighs 120 lbs. Keep spouting off at the mouth Lori and Co. Your hatred for women is showing.

I can just picture this conversation in my head.

"Baby, how much meat do you like?"

"Umm...I dunno...are you making meatloaf or something?"

This bitch is crazy. It must suck to hate your entire gender.

OMG. Last 2 comments. You have to read them. Just :o :o :o

Oh, that woman they told she just needed to exercise and lose weight because no matter what her husband said he probably thinks she's a cow (little paraphrasing here)? Yeah, turns out she's 5 3" and weighs 120 lbs. Keep spouting off at the mouth Lori and Co. Your hatred for women is showing.

The hell with that second to last comment! WTF?!

The hell with that second to last comment! WTF?!

The second to last comment references both Dalrock and The Woman and the Dragon - two of the most depressing, horrifically misogynistic blogs I have ever encountered on the internet. Both are ultra fundie, but in a weird, TMI kind of way. I don't have a problem with people having kinks, but justifying your BDSM-lite sex life by asserting that everyone should live that way is at best really obnoxious.

I'm not surprised that Lori's readers would consider either Dalrock or TWATD as good sources of information because they basically say the same sort of crap that Lori does, just brought to a whole other level. (Don't just be willing to have sex, also fake an orgasm because your husband not only deserves sex, he deserves good sex!) Lori's post about losing weight to please your husband despite the consequences (studies show that slightly heavier women live longer) is unfortunately not an uncommon view. It seems like the more we move away from the idea that people should be valued for more than just their ability to provide sex, the harder a certain subset of people hold onto outdated, destructive ideas like this one.

Sadly, when you listen to preaching like this 3 times a week your entire life, you do begin to hate your own sex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xi3vBHWSKPs

Okay, so I put that in wrong, but you can copy and paste the link. It's been edited but you don't need to listen to even 60 seconds straight of that anyway!

I realize I am hardly stating an original idea here but Lori Alexander really is a twat. Oh, and someone needs to clue her in that fat chicks can get laid. Ask me how I know.

Exactly. Plenty of guys (and ladies) want to have sex with fat ladies. Hateful, preachy, know-it-alls, not so much. Something to think about, Lori.

Fuck her. Seriously. I have had poor body image since I can remember, and the majority of it came from asshats like her spouting crap off that basically meant "honey, you aren't ever gonna get a man to love ya unless you look like a Barbie doll". I was a size 5 in high school and felt that I was fat.

I am just now beginning to trust my guy when he tells me that he thinks i'm sexy and beatiful. This has taken me until my late 30's.

I wish leaking ass boils on her.

Same story here. My entire life I've never been allowed to love my body or love myself because everyone around me wanted me to lose weight to be better, or at least able to catch a man. I truly was convinced that no one could love me if I wasn't skinny. I met my current boyfriend when I was overweight, and I still catch myself thinking he's being dishonest when he tells me I'm beautiful, or I feel sorry for him for not having a perfect girlfriend. The psychological scars from people like her saying "you have no excuse for being fat!" are really deep.

That one where Lori kicks a cat :( :

One early morning, I came downstairs and my cat was nipping at my feet. This wasn't a good cat. Actually, he was a mean cat so I went to kick him so he'd stop biting me. Well, he ran away and I kicked the wall instead. Oh, I was in pain.

Serves her right. Didn't anyone ever teach her that you don't kick animals?

Also, other bullshit medical advice: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/01/ice-dipping-for-pain.html

I realize I am hardly stating an original idea here but Lori Alexander really is a twat. Oh, and someone needs to clue her in that fat chicks can get laid. Ask me how I know.

Fat, very satisfied girl checking in. If you lose weight, do it for you!

Oh, screw that! There are men out there that don't give a damn about a woman's weight. My SO certainly doesn't have a problem having sex with me because of my weight. I sure the same can be said of a lot of FJ members and their SO's as well.

Who the hell kicks small domesticated animals?!? Or really any animal! She's even stupider than I thought!

Lol, I had a similar thought in my head to how my boyfriend would react if I asked him how much meat he liked. Have a good suspicion he'll ask me if I'm making dinner for us next time he comes down. Or tell me he likes a lot of meat, especially steak. And I'm not a big woman.

I don't automatically assume jealousy when people are being assholes, but this time it's so obvious.

Tiffany, I know you likely don't have any idea about this website, but if you ever read this I want you to know that I can guarantee with 99% accuracy that your husband is being honest with you. Why? Because in my experience men don't care anywhere near as much about their wife's appearance as women think. In my experience, other women care far more about my appearance than my boyfriend does. If your husband thinks you're beautiful, you're beautiful and he's the one that matters. Not Lori, not redlegben. They don't know you, they don't live with you. He does and he is clearly supportive and I'm sure loves you very much. Redlegben and Lori are just jealous that he thinks of you and your happiness and not just his ego unlike their husbands. You have no reason whatsoever to believe your own spouse is just lying to you about thinking you are beautiful. Women are not meat slabs to use. They aren't trophies or circus elephants. They aren't objects for a man to have. They're people. And I'm glad you have a husband who sees you as a human with feelings and wants. I'm sorry Redleg and Lori don't have the same supportive men in their life that you have in yours. Don't let them get you down. I hope you can start to see yourself as beautiful as your husband thinks you are.

I wish i could kick Lori for being such a giant gaping asshole. I left her this comment which she will not approve. I'll let you know when she emails me personally to tell me that kicking cats is acceptable because her headship told her so.

"Gee, i wonder why your cat was mean? Probably because you are the kind of person that thinks KICKING an animal is a good idea/acceptable. I pray that you do not have or acquire any more living things, as you clearly do not know how to care for them.

Sincerely,

A fat woman whose husband likes having sex with her."

I asked my boyfriend how much meat he likes today...he told me a lot, he's a meat eater. Especially steak and beef products.

Good lord only this cunt haired bitch can get me out of lurkdom :) . I can guarantee that if the tables were turned and a woman wasn't turned on by her overweight husband she wouldn't be allowed to ask him to lose weight. In Lori's she would still have to fuck him on demand no matter what.

The stupid makes my head hurt. WTF?

I guess my husband must be lying to me! 'Cause he likes a woman that's a little thicker. I saw pics of his ex's, all big as me. So... yeah! I'm trying to lose weight for ME, because I think it will help me and my chronic pain, but I'd laugh my ass off if he told me that I need to lose weight for him to be attracted to me. Then I'd tell him he needs to get rid of his gut. Guess I'm not a "godly" woman. (I AM a Christian, just don't believe in being a doormat, and this woman is an idiot.)

About 99% of the shade I've ever gotten about my weight (in both directions, I'm a pretty average weight for my height so it's context-dependent whether I'm too fat or too skinny) has been from women. The other 1% has been from a gay man. My experience has been that most straight men aren't picky. At all. To underscore the point, the crappier I look (sweats, messy hair), the more I get hit on. A lot of guys just feel entitled to whoever they think will go for it.

It has been explained to me that women are very critical about any perceived flaw on their body but men tend to think OMG someone is willing to get naked for ME!!!! I don't think I'm any sort of expert but I've been married to hubby for 13 yr, together for 15 so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

Now hubby & I BOTH want to lose weight. Not because it would make us more attractive to each other since we don't have an issue in that area but because it is better overall for our health. For any person to put the fault on the other party is a crappy thing to do.

Funny, Dad only became concerned about Mom's weight when and if it effected her health. She had to take medication where weight gain was a side effect of the meds. No matter how hard she exercised she had a bitch of a time getting the weight off but Dad didn't care. He said that he loved her and thought she was beautiful no matter how she looked.

Suck on that Lori!

From the peanut gallery:

A reply from one of the sheeple:

And Lori chimes in:

:evil: :evil: :evil: (where have all of the smileys gone btw? Tell me Alecto didn't take those with her too)

ETA~ These women hate other women...and themselves.

Change "Tiffany" to "Stacy". This sounds like (commenter 1) Stacy, then (c2)Tiffany, then (Lori)Sandy from the Fashion Club in Daria. Having a conversation about high school boys. The next line should be Stacy fretting about how wrong she was to think something so stupid.

It has been explained to me that women are very critical about any perceived flaw on their body but men tend to think OMG someone is willing to get naked for ME!!!! I don't think I'm any sort of expert but I've been married to hubby for 13 yr, together for 15 so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

This is my experience. I think I have a pretty average body for a woman who has a child, is pretty active, and isn't willing to give up eating what I want to have a flat stomach... and my guy likes it.

I am more critical of my body than he is, but a lot of that comes out in the whole "what to wear" category.

Archived