IGNORED

New show on scientology on ID next week.

Wolfie

Suppressive persons are people who are viewed as a threat to Scientology (former members, family who aren't supportive, etc.) I think that Scientology also calls them squirrels. My understanding is that the "Squirrel Busters" are a group of Scientologists that started going after Marty Rathburn, a former high-ranking Scientologist who is now critical of David Miscavige. (He is likely the one sending them out or someone high up in the organization.)

If you go to the Village Voice website, there are many articles in the archives written by Tony Ortega. I know the Squirrel Busters are mentioned there.

edited to clarify who they are affiliated with

Pretty good summary of the squirrel busters, I think. They stalk ex-scinos and Anons at their homes and at protests, making a general nuisance of themselves, and usually spreading false rumors with neighbors and that type of thing, IIRC.

I watched this program last night, too. It was pretty interesting; I hadn't heard Ms. Many's story before. Do any other CO$ followers know the scoop on Ortega's unceremonious departure from the VV last year? One day, poof, he was gone, ostensibly to write a book, but there were murmurs that he was ousted.

I had not heard anything other than him leaving to write the book full time. I didn't realize that he had a new site until I saw this thread. I had missed the daily Scientology updates in the Village Voice.

A lot of the senior writers at the VV have been pushed to take early retirements or buyouts because the publication's finances are rocky. So he may have taken a buyout when offered because he wanted to work on the book anyway? I'm also eager for Ortega's book as well as Wright's. I liked Janet Reitman's book "Inside Scientology" that came out a couple of years ago.

The ID documentary will be airing again on Saturday 3 pm eastern.

Yay, I'll try to catch it then. I was a little flaky last night and now know that it's because I was coming down with something, but I feel better now than I did earlier, so Saturday I should be okay to remember stuff.

Suppressive persons are people who are viewed as a threat to Scientology (former members, family who aren't supportive, etc.) I think that Scientology also calls them squirrels. My understanding is that the "Squirrel Busters" are a group of Scientologists that started going after Marty Rathburn, a former high-ranking Scientologist who is now critical of David Miscavige. (He is likely the one sending them out or someone high up in the organization.)

If you go to the Village Voice website, there are many articles in the archives written by Tony Ortega. I know the Squirrel Busters are mentioned there.

edited to clarify who they are affiliated with

Bless you JCC, for explaining that. I had seen it in PBS a while back, but couldn't remember the details :doh: All the drama has confused my brain. If I remember correctly weren't they trying their best to pick a fight and get Marty to assault them so he would go to jail? Classy :roll:

eta Dang, missed the interview.

Archived