IGNORED

Well as if we mneed more proof fundies don't care about kids

doggie

well lets see make kids remove asbestos to save money and not expose them to the world only to expose them to danger. makes perfect sense in the fundy world.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/277343 ... d-building

BEREA -- A small religious school is under criminal investigation after several dozen teenage students and others volunteered over several weekends to gut a building containing asbestos, a cancer-causing agent, according to interviews and records.

Students as young as 13 who attend the Buckeye Education School spent several weekends removing asbestos-filled materials without any protective gear at the former YWCA on Smith Road in Middleburg Heights, said Cleveland Commissioner of Air Quality George Baker, who also works with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.

Baker said state regulations require a building owner to use certified contractors to remove asbestos.

Holy wow that is the YWCA near where I grew up. I was really enjoying not having my state represent the crazies too much. :( Poor kids, what if this really damages them? But then, they aren't fetuses, so no one cares what happens to them.

:shock: Holy Shit! That is horrible. Asbestos is really, really bad for the lungs! I just don't get it - why would you freak out about the silly little things they freak out about and then go and expose your kids to a legitimate danger?

well lets see make kids remove asbestos to save money and not expose them to the world only to expose them to danger. makes perfect sense in the fundy world.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/277343 ... d-building

BEREA -- A small religious school is under criminal investigation after several dozen teenage students and others volunteered over several weekends to gut a building containing asbestos, a cancer-causing agent, according to interviews and records.

Students as young as 13 who attend the Buckeye Education School spent several weekends removing asbestos-filled materials without any protective gear at the former YWCA on Smith Road in Middleburg Heights, said Cleveland Commissioner of Air Quality George Baker, who also works with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.

Baker said state regulations require a building owner to use certified contractors to remove asbestos.

They are being persecuted it's the over reaching arm of the nanny govt :roll:

They found a teeny piece of old asbestos tile in DS's old B&A, and they cordoned off the entire building and relocated the kids until it was removed professionally. Asbestos will mess you up bad. I can't believe they had kids doing that. Ugh.

They found a teeny piece of old asbestos tile in DS's old B&A, and they cordoned off the entire building and relocated the kids until it was removed professionally. Asbestos will mess you up bad. I can't believe they had kids doing that. Ugh.

we are talking fundies why would you not believe?

But asbestos is a lie! It's just some liberal government conspiracy to cover up illegal government drugs in our drinking water, right? Right?

*crickets* ... Well, anyways that's the response I'm pretty sure my fundie circle would have given. :roll:

Side note, I just posted a FB status berating the anti-vacc wackadoos for not getting their children flu shots when we're having a particularly bad flu season that has already resulted in several deaths in quite a few states. Wonder how long before my fundie pals defriend me over that one?

Where were the parents of these children and why the hell did they let their children remove asbestos? The worst thing is that none of these children (or anyone else exposed to the asbestos - which includes the person who washed the clothes the children wore to remove the asbestos) will not know if they will develop cancer for decades. :angry-banghead:

But asbestos is a lie! It's just some liberal government conspiracy to cover up illegal government drugs in our drinking water, right? Right?

*crickets* ... Well, anyways that's the response I'm pretty sure my fundie circle would have given. :roll:

Or

My grandfather ate Asbestos in his cheerios every morning and lived to be eleventy hundred years old because the lord protected him just as he will for these children.They have no need for worldy "safety" equipment.

The true story is, my husband's grandfather worked around asbestos for years as an electrician, then died a most excruciating, painful death from mesothelioma. before he passed, he weighed about 70 lb and was completely unresponsive. No amount of drugs could stop the pain as far as we knew. It was horrible!

Side note, I just posted a FB status berating the anti-vacc wackadoos for not getting their children flu shots when we're having a particularly bad flu season that has already resulted in several deaths in quite a few states. Wonder how long before my fundie pals defriend me over that one?

As someone in public health, the anti-vaccine people make me want to rip out my hair and vaccinate all the children. And also scream at them that there is no scientific evidence for vaccines causing autism.

Are fundies (in general) against vaccination? I mean, the flu virus evolves/mutates, so that's just some convoluted lie, right? :roll:

But back to asbestos, I remember there being asbestos warning signs in the psychology building in my undergrad (they didn't shut down the building for cleaning, they were just like oh hey, there's asbestos). There was also mold in my dorm, living with that sucked.

And because the damage from asbestos doesn't show up for 40 or 50 years they'll persist in saying their kids weren't harmed by it.

The true story is, my husband's grandfather worked around asbestos for years as an electrician, then died a most excruciating, painful death from mesothelioma. before he passed, he weighed about 70 lb and was completely unresponsive. No amount of drugs could stop the pain as far as we knew. It was horrible!

I'm sorry. It's a really shitty way to go.

Archived