IGNORED

Hanna Williams body to be exhumed

PrincessOfSiam

It was the Schatz case where I heard there was direct contact with Michael Pearl on the day Lydia died...instructions on how to keep spanking her for her disobedience to her parents.

When you adopt internationally you accept that certain things are simply unknown. Children not born in hospitals and/or with birth certitificates filed after the birth by a long delay are considered suspect for age. It doesn't MATTER what a child's biological age is. It matters what their psychological age is, and frankly unless there is a massive decrepency, you set their legal age to their psychological age. If there is a decrepancy, you go with the LOWER age, not the higher age.

Hanna's parents are trying to argue that Hanna was older than she was declared simply because she started menses so soon after she entered their home. First, some girls start menses early. I started right around my 10th birthday. Second, there is a proven link between long-term nutritional deficit and a SUDDEN increase in nutritional status sparking early onset of menses. They thought she was 11 when she came home, 13 when they KILLED her. She initialy gained 30 pounds before they starved her to death. Undoubtably they were horrified to see her gorge and gain so much weight. JERKS. She was supposed to gain that weight! It was certainly enough to cause an 11 year old girl to start menses all by itself.

What truly surprises me is that they didn't cause her menses to be arrested by the starvation they then put her through for having the audacity to grow and thrive initially. But then, the CPS report states even the bio kids were being malnourished and their food intake controlled, just not as severely as the adopted kiddos.

I've actually seen that in fundie homes, even ones that don't adopt. Slight malnutrition keeps the kids small, keeps the girls from developing sooner, saves on the grocery and clothing budgets and keeps children less able to rebel against parents. I've only known one fundie family admit to why they did it (he was a doctor and knew exactly what he was doing, especially to his adopted daughters) but I've seen LOTS of them do it just the same.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've actually seen that in fundie homes, even ones that don't adopt. Slight malnutrition keeps the kids small, keeps the girls from developing sooner, saves on the grocery and clothing budgets and keeps children less able to rebel against parents. I've only known one fundie family admit to why they did it (he was a doctor and knew exactly what he was doing, especially to his adopted daughters) but I've seen LOTS of them do it just the same.

Thats disgusting. People out there intentionally starve their kids so they stay small and dont need new clothes, save on food and theyre too tired and broken to rebel????

It was the Schatz case where I heard there was direct contact with Michael Pearl on the day Lydia died...instructions on how to keep spanking her for her disobedience to her parents.

When you adopt internationally you accept that certain things are simply unknown. Children not born in hospitals and/or with birth certitificates filed after the birth by a long delay are considered suspect for age. It doesn't MATTER what a child's biological age is. It matters what their psychological age is, and frankly unless there is a massive decrepency, you set their legal age to their psychological age. If there is a decrepancy, you go with the LOWER age, not the higher age.

Hanna's parents are trying to argue that Hanna was older than she was declared simply because she started menses so soon after she entered their home. First, some girls start menses early. I started right around my 10th birthday. Second, there is a proven link between long-term nutritional deficit and a SUDDEN increase in nutritional status sparking early onset of menses. They thought she was 11 when she came home, 13 when they KILLED her. She initialy gained 30 pounds before they starved her to death. Undoubtably they were horrified to see her gorge and gain so much weight. JERKS. She was supposed to gain that weight! It was certainly enough to cause an 11 year old girl to start menses all by itself.

What truly surprises me is that they didn't cause her menses to be arrested by the starvation they then put her through for having the audacity to grow and thrive initially. But then, the CPS report states even the bio kids were being malnourished and their food intake controlled, just not as severely as the adopted kiddos.

Re: bolded text - this is absolutely horrifying and evil.

wait, the surviving child is deaf? or became deaf from the abuse? I just jumped into this thread and now must ask Sev a few questions, since this is right into his line of work (not saying what he does, I like our anonymity). Granted, I think it is before his time, which is unfortunate. He would have gone for their throats and made them pay for what they did to the kids.

To some extent, this is what I think Steve Maxwell does to his daughters, which is why they are all short, rail thin, and immature.

Antigone, the surviving child was born deaf and mute and incontinent.

That is so deeply sad and alarming. I can't imagine any ideology being worth the well-being of the dependent people entrusted to your care. :cry:

I've seen fundies discuss that their children only really needed a piece of fruit for breakfast and then a second meal sometime in the day. I've seen them discuss how to keep their grocery budget small by locking up the kitchen and not letting their kids eat except very small portions.

When we were doing our first adoption, we had a fundie family that lived near us who had adopted from the same orphanage we were adopting from. I personally witnessed them forcing their two African teen daughters to 1 piece of chicken, 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes and 1/4 cup of green beans for a meal. The girls asked for seconds while we were there and they told them they were not allowed to eat more. This was the fundie doctor. He flat-out told us he was limiting their food so that they would not hit puberty because he didn't want them to grow any larger than they were and didn't want to deal with their hormones if they were given too much food to eat.

We never spoke to them again, we were SO disgusted. Personally, I considered my job well done to see my kiddos put on weight when they got to the US. They were so malnourished when they came and so desperately needed to eat and put on weight.

Thats pretty shit parenting.....and from a doctor as well? Doctors should know better, about the effects a poor diet can have on health. Although for fundies, kids are expendable, another arrow in the quiver and thats it.

I've seen fundies discuss that their children only really needed a piece of fruit for breakfast and then a second meal sometime in the day. I've seen them discuss how to keep their grocery budget small by locking up the kitchen and not letting their kids eat except very small portions.

When we were doing our first adoption, we had a fundie family that lived near us who had adopted from the same orphanage we were adopting from. I personally witnessed them forcing their two African teen daughters to 1 piece of chicken, 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes and 1/4 cup of green beans for a meal. The girls asked for seconds while we were there and they told them they were not allowed to eat more. This was the fundie doctor. He flat-out told us he was limiting their food so that they would not hit puberty because he didn't want them to grow any larger than they were and didn't want to deal with their hormones if they were given too much food to eat.

We never spoke to them again, we were SO disgusted. Personally, I considered my job well done to see my kiddos put on weight when they got to the US. They were so malnourished when they came and so desperately needed to eat and put on weight.

Did you report what he said to the agency? What a fucking dick.

There is a case in Pittsburgh right now where a fundy couple horribly abused their two adopted Ethiopian children. The father is an assistant attorney general. People like this sicken me.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loc ... es-662863/

Ugh. I didn't realize those people were local. They abused a freaking 18-month-old baby so badly she will likely be paralyzed. I hope they rot too. And this from their attorney:

Mr. Porter said it makes no sense that the Barbours abused their adopted children but not two biological children.

"They're very frustrated," he said of the couple. "Why would you adopt two children and abuse them when your own are fine?"

Yes, because clearly no one in the history of the world ever treated their adopted children differently than their bio children :roll: Please keep making that argument, Mr. Porter, it's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Yes I told the adoption agency. However, it makes no difference. Once an adoption is finalized, no adoption agency has any jurisdiction to do anything. They can offer post-placement support but the family doesn't have to take it.

I have heard that the father in the PA case is in seminary. How ironic.

Add me to those who think the girl's age shouldn't matter, the point is she was brutalised and tortured to death by the very people she should have been able to trust! That poor little girl :(

Archived