IGNORED

Crazy Article On Modest Dress

debrand

Didn't we already discuss this article? I'm certain we have. This site used to have the Pearls' book To Train Up A Child on their website that has since been removed after the last death related to the book. I'm certain the last time we discussed this I stated that God did not get angry with Bathsheba at all so why are fundies? He did not speak to her, tell her she was wrong or anything. Even the loss of the pregnancy was associated with David's sin, not hers. Bathsheba was never blamed to be at fault. The fault lay with David and part of that passage is the fact that David learns what he did was wrong and repented for his sins and he had committed a number of them. It was all about David's sins, not hers.

Yes THIS.

David was punished by loss of a child because to whom much is given, much is demanded. He was a favoured person of God. He fucked up. The narrative is about him, not about Bathsheba. She is, if you like (and I don't) the vessel whereby he expresses his sinfulness. Quite literally.

I see no suggestion that she had sinned at all. She carried out a traditional ritual. David was a Peeping Tom, he found her to be attractive, and bad shit happened.

(Although we then get to the trickiest of questions = as God knew in advance this was going to happen, etc etc... ;) )

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived