IGNORED

Crazy Article On Modest Dress

debrand

A woman—especially a woman who is large in the bust—must understand, must take a man’s word for it, that the sight of her bust may take away a man’s heart in a moment

wow I never knew that my boobs had that sort of power. I should have some sort of jar of hearts or something by now. I am large busted and after years of trying to hide them I long ago decided that I'd rather embrace them. This means finding shirts that fit my bust and my frame, sometimes a difficult task.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I was a guy, I would be extremely insulted by what this cow has written. Underneath all the flowery verbiage, she's basically asserting that men have the morals of tapeworms, and the libidos of sex-deprived minks. Oh, and it's women's fault for opening the door to their untrammeled lust. I'm thinking of showing this article to Mr. Snarky, AFTER I soften him up for the kill by plyiing him with his favorite foods. I'll owe him that much for making him feast his eyes on this pigswill.

Seriously! It's not like men walk down the street, see a pretty woman (or handsome dude, whatever they're into) and go, "Whelp, I'm attracted to him/her. Guess I have to go have sex now."

Give the poor men some credit.

I get more attention from males if I am wearing a dress or a skirt. If I really want to be left alone (for example, if I have to walk through a high crime neighborhood), I wear overalls. Guys do not bug me if I am wearing my overalls. Maybe that doesn't work for fundie women, but it works for me.

Specifically kilts! :D

Oh god, I love a man in a kilt. We're always late to kilt-wearing occasions because I've been chasing my husband around the house (not that he's trying too hard to escape) :D I keep trying to convince him to wear it more often, but then, we'd probably never leave the house.

Well, I am...I'll put it kindly and say plain :lol: No-one's going to run after me and beg me to have sex with them. I also do not care. There's a bit more to the human experience of living than sexy tiem.

If a man was uncontrollably excited and started to think about rape or sex when he saw my uncovered arm, not only would I question his aesthetic sense, I'd wonder what the hell was going on in his personal life. Fundies assume every male person has to wank when they see a human knee. I think that says more about them than anyone else.

Well, I am...I'll put it kindly and say plain :lol: No-one's going to run after me and beg me to have sex with them. I also do not care. There's a bit more to the human experience of living than sexy tiem.

If a man was uncontrollably excited and started to think about rape or sex when he saw my uncovered arm, not only would I question his aesthetic sense, I'd wonder what the hell was going on in his personal life. Fundies assume every male person has to wank when they see a human knee. I think that says more about them than anyone else.

JFC, I just don't believe that you are as unattractive as you think that you are! (honestly, i picture a young Sinead O'Conner in combat boots and an army Jacket when I read your posts!)

Either that's an old article and she didn't attribute, or it's very, very similar to one I read like 15 years ago. I thought it was nuts. Bathsheba did nothing wrong. She bathed privately. David played the peeping tom.

Either that's an old article and she didn't attribute, or it's very, very similar to one I read like 15 years ago. I thought it was nuts. Bathsheba did nothing wrong. She bathed privately. David played the peeping tom.

+1

I will never understand how these people view men as the leaders, espcecially when they go on and on about how women can't possibly think logically b/c we are driven by our emotions and hormones. If the sight of a collarbone incites a frenzy of lust in a man, how is that any different? By that logic (gasp! I'm a woman using logic!), men are driven by their libidos and cannot think logically either. It makes not sense at all.

So, I guess that since only fundie men seem to have this problem, that somehow "giving your heart to Jesus" takes away any self-control you may have had. I think I see a solution...

Ya know... I just think most guys would go "Oh hey, BOOBS!" and that's it. LOL!

So... we're supposed to wear very loose dresses that cover EVERYTHING. Even our necks! That could be considered sexy by some. Our hands too, they're delicate and pretty. Better not show our pretty and defrauding faces either. Especially our eyes! Also, we need to cover our luxurious hair. Seriously. That is where their thought processes are going!

It don't matter if I wear something 10x's too big for me, or a big ol "frumper" you just can't hide my curves (or "lumps" as I think of them!). So... I mean... I'll still have large breasts, big hips, and a butt. So I guess binding all that for a curvier woman. Right? Cause you can still see that a woman has her curves underneath all that and that's so DEFRAUDING.

SMH.

Ding ding ding! :clap:

It's the same people who think the way this woman in the article thinks that act like it's a woman's fault for being raped. Screw that. You could do absolutely everything to hide your femininity and there will still be someone who looks at you "that way" or whatever. UGH!

No, you will have to wear a cardboard box (underneath a burqa of course) if your boobs are too big to be unnoticable in a frumper.

:text-yeahthat:

There is just too much crazy in this one article for me to know where to start quoting it.

achristianhome.org/ModestFeminine/sin_of_bathsheba.htm

This woman clearly has not seen Daniel Craig if she thinks that the "passions of women are not so easily or thoroughly aroused by the sight of a man's body" :D .

But I digress.

In any case, this whole women-should-be-modest trope among fundies is infuriating. It's as if guys can't control themselves whatsoever, which I would think the men would find insulting.

What about foot fetish guys? All those fundie flip flops must go.

I had a man tell me that I should 'be careful' about wearing flip flops because of what 'other men' might think. I was pretty far out of the fundie community at that time, but not quite far enough to be aware of fetishes, so I was incredibly perplexed by this. Heck I still am. Who tells a college student not to wear revealing shoes? Oh noes, you might see toes?

But I guess I'm sorry for defrauding all you menfolk with my flippy-floppies

I'm waiting for the pearl clutching where they go into a panic over seeing a woman's ankles.

Do these fundies ever get tired of blaming the woman for everything?

If I were a guy I'd be seriously pissed off by that article. By the writing you'd think all men were brainless lustful creatures that would attack an attractive woman on sight and it's the woman's duty to hold them at bay.

This woman clearly has not seen Daniel Craig if she thinks that the "passions of women are not so easily or thoroughly aroused by the sight of a man's body" :D .

But I digress.

In any case, this whole women-should-be-modest trope among fundies is infuriating. It's as if guys can't control themselves whatsoever, which I would think the men would find insulting.

Following your digression, there's a, ah, friend of mine. Yes, that's it, a friend. Anyway she can spend an entire movie fantasizing about, uh, doing things to the male lead, and wishing he would take his clothes off. Yes, that's my friend. :dance: ;)

Following your digression, there's a, ah, friend of mine. Yes, that's it, a friend. Anyway she can spend an entire movie fantasizing about, uh, doing things to the male lead, and wishing he would take his clothes off. Yes, that's my friend. :dance: ;)

Your "friend" ;) must be lying. Women aren't turned on by scantily clothed, nicely built, sexy eyed...is it getting warm in here...male form, and that's a fact. Fact.

So does she think burquas will solve the problem?

Yep, burquas for everyone!

Seriously, what IS "okay" to wear? It's all the wimminz fault and menz are just helpless to the whims of their dicks. Whatever.

I had a man tell me that I should 'be careful' about wearing flip flops because of what 'other men' might think. I was pretty far out of the fundie community at that time, but not quite far enough to be aware of fetishes, so I was incredibly perplexed by this. Heck I still am. Who tells a college student not to wear revealing shoes? Oh noes, you might see toes?

But I guess I'm sorry for defrauding all you menfolk with my flippy-floppies

There are men who will pay good money on Ebay for trashed shoes and smelly socks. Serious.

Yep, burquas for everyone!

Seriously, what IS "okay" to wear? It's all the wimminz fault and menz are just helpless to the whims of their dicks. Whatever.

Well the obvious answer is to dress like a man, because men cannot be defrauded by other men (gayz aren't really attracted to other men, they just have sex with them to be bad). If we all dress in work pants and polo shirts and have short hair and bind up our lady bits, we won't defraud, right?

Well the obvious answer is to dress like a man, because men cannot be defrauded by other men (gayz aren't really attracted to other men, they just have sex with them to be bad). If we all dress in work pants and polo shirts and have short hair and bind up our lady bits, we won't defraud, right?

:naughty: Deut. 22:5 "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment : for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God."

Best to keep all women secluded at all times, lest they defraud a man. Maybe they can visit each other under the cover of darkness whilst wearing burquas. Maybe.

Archived