IGNORED

What the hell is Lori Alexander peddling now???

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/11/wonders-of-black-salve.html#idc-container

Speaking of Black Salve:

I bought it many years ago and I forgot who told me about it but it has gotten rid of moles, warts, pre-skin cancer and skin cancer. It truly is amazing.

:shock: Seriously? If left untreated, skin cancer CAN kill you. My fil has to have them removed periodically. It is NOT fun. I can assure you that it he thought some salve and a band-aid would do the trick, he would not be having them literally cut out.

One of her fan girls:

I had to laugh because when I saw the title I thought it was about a black slave:)

What the fuck? She laughed when she thought it was about a "black slave"? :angry-cussingblack:

Another comment:

I've heard of this black salve and am extremely skeptical. Even from your description it sounds like it's actually a skin irritant that provokes an immune response against it. Speaking as a biologist, that would explain why it produces stinging, redness, pus, and can even cause a fever. All of these are signs that the immune system is attacking the salve as a harmful substance.

Also, there is no way that a salve is attacking or targeting a wart or cancerous growth. There is no way for a collection of herbs to tell one kind of cell from another...the salve is merely a group of chemicals, not a living organism that could detect and respond to its environment. If there is any detecting or attacking going on, it is the person's own body doing it (and probably not due to the salve, although the salve may draw immune cells to the area by causing skin damage and inflammation). Thus, it sounds like the salve simply causes damage to the skin, produces irritation, and can even cause fevers and scars. I would be careful as the "cure" may be worse than the initial problem (or at least cause greater damage along the way than would have usually happened).

Yay for sane people. :clap:

You know it's bad enough that this chic has managed to burn her own esophagus with all of her little herbs and home remedies, but it really pisses me off that she's telling these people that black salve is going to cure skin cancer. Again, skin cancer is NOTHING to mess with. Take note ignorant ones.

hen you take the band aid off, clean it with hydrogen peroxide, put a dab of Vaseline {I got my Vaseline at the health food store so there wouldn't be any petrochemicals in it}

Isn't Vaseline just petroleum jelly ? How is she getting some with out petroleum products in it ?

Sometimes it stings a lot. That definitely means it is something that needs to go.
No, all it definitely means is that it's damaging something particularly sensitive. Moles are often sensitive by nature.

I got my Vaseline at the health food store so there wouldn't be any petrochemicals in it
VASELINE IS PETROLEUM JELLY. If you bought petrochemical-free Vaseline, you didn't buy Vaseline. If you bought Vaseline from a health food store, you bought plain old petroleum jelly.

Sometimes it leaves a little scar, but if you went to a doctor, they would probably leave a bigger scar.
If you went to a doctor, it would probably also work.

I got mine from a man at {800} XXX-XXXX. It is called Virxcan. I like getting it from him because he has a quality product and you can ask him questions.
Well that's not sketchy at all. I'd totally trust a mysterious salesman on the other end of a random phone line to answer my medical questions. If doctors aren't trustworthy, mysterious salesmen on the other end of phone lines must be.

I typed "black salve" into google images. DO NOT TYPE BLACK SALVE INTO GOOGLE IMAGES. It can cause major burns, apparently. I feel ill.

No wonder Lori had to use such a shady source to get it.

ETA no wonder it got rid of Lori's moles. They might as well have been using a hot poker or something.

Here's a good little article on Quackwatch, titled, "Don't Use Corrosive Cancer Salves." Before you click on the link, know that there are some really gruesome images of damage inflicted by this stuff.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... schar.html

Really, do these people not even Google before rubbing random shit all over their bodies??

Well that's not sketchy at all. I'd totally trust a mysterious salesman on the other end of a random phone line to answer my medical questions. If doctors aren't trustworthy, mysterious salesmen on the other end of phone lines must be.

:lol:

Lord, this woman is stupid. I'd pity her for being so gullible, but she seems like a nasty piece of work, so I don't.

Here's a good little article on Quackwatch, titled, "Don't Use Corrosive Cancer Salves." Before you click on the link, know that there are some really gruesome images of damage inflicted by this stuff.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... schar.html

Really, do these people not even Google before rubbing random shit all over their bodies??

That is scary stuff. Lori's post are usually annoying, but this is plain irresponsible. If she has been using this 'salve' for years with no ill effects then presumably the ingredients in her particular brand aren't too bad. But anyone reading her post could go straight out and buy something under the same name and get horrible burns or worse.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH Did you see that link? It burned the womans face off!!!!

Why dont people just go to the doctor for non face burny treatments?

The scary thing is that her little fan girls are lapping it up like puppies, and when confronted by a woman claiming to be a biologist, Lori totally blew it off.

Oh my god those links are horrifying.

Who was it that was recently calling for the deregulation of pharmaceuticals, thinking that the "free market" would weed out ineffective products?

Growing up my grandmother used "black salve" on all our cuts and ouchies. It was "Ichthammol" I believe, but I used to call it "icky thicky mall" because it was smelly and thick and looked like what I thought a slug might vomit up. I don't remember it ever causing any actual harm, but I didn't exactly grow up in an environment that would have cared if it did.

One of her fan girls:

What the fuck? She laughed when she thought it was about a "black slave"? :angry-cussingblack:

Not to defend the fangirl, but I think she meant she was laughing because she read it wrong at first. I sometimes do that too and then just have to laugh at it. :oops: I could be wrong. If fangirl believes Lori is a smart woman, well...I...yeah. Nothing else to say.

Anyway, what a moron. Skin cancer is dangerous. Both of my parents and my grandmother have had it. Places had to be burned off and they only have very small scars from the removal. So she's wrong about big scars.

And :laughing-rolling: at the vasoline without petrochemicals in it. It took me a couple minutes to stop laughing long enough to type this message. Made my day. Genius, Lori. And people still actually take her advice seriously?

Growing up my grandmother used "black salve" on all our cuts and ouchies. It was "Ichthammol" I believe, but I used to call it "icky thicky mall" because it was smelly and thick and looked like what I thought a slug might vomit up. I don't remember it ever causing any actual harm, but I didn't exactly grow up in an environment that would have cared if it did.

I think it is a different black salve? The one Lori is talking about has some herbal component as the active ingredient, while ichthammol is sulfonated shale oil.

I think it is a different black salve? The one Lori is talking about has some herbal component as the active ingredient, while ichthammol is sulfonated shale oil.

Yeah, I just wonder if sometimes people are talking about 10 different things when they use vague terms like "black salve" or something. Like the comments about things their grandma used, my grandma used black salve but it wasn't Lori's cancer curing synergistic bullcrap, it was an actual medicine thing.

Hallelujah, Australia can be saved after all! Here we are with the highest rate of skin cancer in the world, with billions of dollars being spent on treatment and research and Lori had the answer all along -- black salve.

And :laughing-rolling: at the vasoline without petrochemicals in it. It took me a couple minutes to stop laughing long enough to type this message. Made my day. Genius, Lori. And people still actually take her advice seriously?

I nearly wet myself laughing at that. I'm seriously speechless.

But her poor sheeples, someone will protect them from her nonsense - right? Someone in their lives will have enough common sense to say NO ! right? right ?

Wow, Obama needs to employ Lori to run Obamacare and all his health related initiatives. She KNOWS EVERYTHING!!

I typed "black salve" into google images. DO NOT TYPE BLACK SALVE INTO GOOGLE IMAGES. It can cause major burns, apparently. I feel ill.

WHOA that stuff is no joke.

That is scary stuff. Lori's post are usually annoying, but this is plain irresponsible. If she has been using this 'salve' for years with no ill effects then presumably the ingredients in her particular brand aren't too bad. But anyone reading her post could go straight out and buy something under the same name and get horrible burns or worse.

I wouldn't say that that it's the only irresponsible thing she's posted- she's recommended people take HCL, and she's also suggested that abused women stay with their abusers, not to mention her ideas on childrearing.

Dear Lori,

If you wanna burn off your skin cancer, just use liquid nitrogen like the rest of us. It's way more natural than that corrosive, chemical-laden black salve crap you're putting on your skin. Wouldn't surprise me if that stuff caused cancer, actually.

It could contain sulfonated shale oil and she'd never know.

Calcium, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and 12 trace minerals blended in a base of synergistic hebs. This is what it says on the bottle.
What the heck is a trace mineral? You can't just put pure metals like calcium in a product that's supposed to be spread on the body, they literally need to be ionic and in a compound of some kind, so that ingredients list is obviously very incomplete.

Petrochemical...free...Vaseline...???

If she really wants something for wound care that is actually natural she could try raw honey. IANAD or any sort of medical professional, but there are studies on it, and it did knock down a nasty wound infection for me within a day (or I'd have gotten to the doc, but it wasn't quite THAT infected when I tried the honey so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try for 24 hours unless it got way worse).

I've seen the pictures of that woman after using the corrosive black salve. *shudder* There are times you do not want to go "natural." Personally I like having a face.

Guest Anonymous

Fakey medicine creeps me out so much. At least some of the people peddling it must know it's bullshit, and yet they stand in the way of people getting more effective treatments. I've actually had a similar conversation recently: burning something off with a corrosive might make it look neater, but that doesn't mean it's doing any good. My mother would say the same thing about Eusol.

I did have a quick, unhealthy, laugh when I saw this in the comments section:

Calcium, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and 12 trace minerals blended in a base of synergistic hebs. This is what it says on the bottle.

I know it's really tragic, but I could not help but think of the secret 'blend of 11 herbs and spices'.

Ugh! I googled black salve. I would never put that on my skin. I would never let it in my house! I saw a video someone posted on You Tube that it removed a breast cancer tumor. This seriously creeped me out! Here's the link...

Archived