IGNORED

well move to astrailia then and hurry up.

doggie

Dear petted lip Republicans.

Scotland welcomes immigration and immigrants generally (declining population), plus we like them - they generally make a contribution to our society. Examples of this are Humza Yousaf whose parents immigrated IIRC. He's our Minister for International Development. And Aamer Anwar, a well known human rights lawyer here (he emigrated from England and came here to learn Scots law, which is different from English).

However, don't come here. We like immigrants. We don't like complete bell-ends who strut around thinking they're right constantly and everyone else should fit into the reddest of red-state US norms.

JFC

Haha JFC May I second this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland welcomes immigration and immigrants generally (declining population), plus we like them - they generally make a contribution to our society.

I think its hilarious when fundies threaten to move to Canada...as a liberal free thinker I was worried I was going to have to immigrate to Canada because of Romney and the crazy right wingers getting into office. Next time I'm going to say I'm immigrating to Scotland. I'd actually contemplate moving to Scotland.

I loved Europe when I lived there but I hesitate to go on vacation..not enough time to visit everything I want to see.

Do you think an over 40yo licensed veterinary nurse who now teaches would be accepted JFC?

The use of "G'day" makes you a bogan and you will be sent to the north of the country to swim with the Salties and/or the Box Jellies. If words in this sentence do not make sense to you, you have already disqualified yourself from immigration.

I looked up what these are. Can I at least come visit?

Methinks some people need to be educated on countries outside the US.

533611_299656353473818_395126386_n.jpg

And her record of actually supporting what she says is pretty shaky too.

Such as "Kevin Rudd has my absolute support as Prime Minister and leader of the labor party".

Re: well move to astrailia then and hurry up.

snarktastic wrote:

Quote:

Canada/Great Britain/Australia/etc are not the 51st, 52nd and so forth states of the USA. They're sovereign nations with immigration policies and the ability to choose who they accept as long term residents/citizens.

And for further clarification - homeskooled second-hand car salesmen do not fulfil our immigration critieria. It's university graduates, absolutely base minimum.

You are joking, right?

Not at all - though I did oversimplify :lol: There are all kinds of exceptions, for example, the UK will let you in as a non-graduate if you're going to invest a lot of money in the country, if you're an experienced professional with non-degree qualifications (such as many nurses), an accompanying spouse, refugee, British Ancestry applicant, - you get the picture. But typically you need to be a graduate or equivalent and fulfil a number of other critieria as well and practically I haven't brought a non-graduate to work over here for about 10 years. We've got high unemployment in the UK and there's a lot of political pressure to reduce immigration.

Fundies - having Obama as your president will not qualify you for refugee status, sorry.

Methinks some people need to be educated on countries outside the US.

533611_299656353473818_395126386_n.jpg

I had not seen this one. I googled her name and there was one article that said she shut down her twitter.

And her record of actually supporting what she says is pretty shaky too.

Such as "Kevin Rudd has my absolute support as Prime Minister and leader of the labor party".

*stab!*

Australia has a long waiting list of people already in the country with high level university degrees in 'skills shortage areas' trying to get permanent residency. Unless SODRT fundies claim they are refugees they stand no chance of getting in for more than a holiday.

Why don't they try to move to Jerusalem? Haredi Jews & fundies have things in common. Esp. the way they love jesus, but otherwise pretty much ignore the new testament.

Archived