IGNORED

Peruvian Shamans make sure Barack will win..

OkToBeTakei

Some polls say Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are neck and neck in the White House race - but for one group it is already over.

Using maracas, coca leaves and a hallucinogenic brew, a group of Peruvian shamans has determined that Mr Obama will be re-elected on Tuesday.

Wearing traditional Andean dress, the group of 12 medicine men and women gathered on Monday at the top of Lima's San Cristobal hill for a ceremony.

They burned incense and rubbed a poster of Mr Obama with flowers and the common rue plant, which is supposed to bring good luck.

They also assaulted a poster of Mr Romney with maracas and a sword.

"The apus (gods of the hills in indigenous mythology) tell us Obama will be re-elected," predicted Juan Osco, known as the Shaman of the Andes.

The shamans sang, whistled and danced in a circle for journalists, who came and went as the ceremony continued.

They also chewed coca leaves, a traditional ceremonial and medicinal plant since Inca times that helps fight altitude sickness.

:lol: Love the bolded.

Maracas? Okay. Maybe it's because Mitt is just the kind of guy who wouldn't know how to get down even if his life depended on it.

Wow. I know many reasons to dislike Romney but I wonder why the shamans dislike him so much?

Good point.

Wonder if there is a 'Romney and the Peruvian Shaman' scandal we do not know about? :lol:

Good point.

Wonder if there is a 'Romney and the Peruvian Shaman' scandal we do not know about? :lol:

:lol: Romney does wear magic underwear. There must be a connection.

Wow. I know many reasons to dislike Romney but I wonder why the shamans dislike him so much?

How about his presentation of Latin America as the land of opportunity for American businesses? I was pissed at it (that and the language opportunity in Latin America- what the f? ) I think Latin American have a lot to fear from a Romney president.

How about his presentation of Latin America as the land of opportunity for American businesses? I was pissed at it (that and the language opportunity in Latin America- what the f? ) I think Latin American have a lot to fear from a Romney president.

Also the LDS church has all but invaded Latin America with missionaries.

Also the LDS church has all but invaded Latin America with missionaries.

True but that's also true of many evangelical protestant groups.

True but that's also true of many evangelical protestant groups.

Evangelical protestants don't do proxy baptisms for ancestors like the Mormon church does. If there's an excuse to dislike Romney so much, the idea that their ancestors had temple work done might be a reason. After all, the LDS church has gotten in trouble twice for doing that to Holocaust victims.

Archived