IGNORED

Lazy's FB photo updated

WonderingInWA

I didn't get the impression that anyone was making fun of the child's ears. Maybe it could have been phrased more thoughtfully or not mentioned at all. But jeez, i've seen worse comments on Sauntina LaVerle's ears and Baby Botkin's unusual looks and nobody is jumping over to scold on those threads. Should we stop mentioning Petey Bradrick's ears as well? Just because he is an asshat does not warrant ear-shaming from us (i personally think his ears are stupid but if others here are hurt by such thoughts because of their own experiences then we should all not mention it either).

I am a little confused where i stand on such issues myself. Maybe we need a little perspective and hold everyone to the same standards regardless of who we are talking about.

Ok i am shutting up *runs and hides*

Thanks. I didn't want to go down the "oh, so it's okay when others say it about Sauntina?" route, because that' just looks like an attempt at self-defense, but I'm glad others noticed, too.

The

His hair looks like the Lard Lad from the Simpsons.
that's exactly what I thought! How old is he? Don't men grow out of this kind of hairstyle when they're in their mid-teens?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will always snark on Sippy Cup's ears. Because he's an adult, could have them changed if he wanted, and this is a snark board. We are allowed to snark here.

His hair looks like the Lard Lad from the Simpsons. Or if it was styled by giving himself a swirlie in a toilet filled with Crew product. Or he stood under a very very large vacuum cleaner.

His face also looks botoxed.

He's a Conehead, from the French fundie branch of the family.

I will always snark on Sippy Cup's ears. Because he's an adult, could have them changed if he wanted, and this is a snark board. We are allowed to snark here.

I wouldn't snark on another adult's appearance if he/ she was someone unknown to me. But when they are a self-serving patriarchal douche who would be all too happy to take away my civil rights, then the gloves are off.

kdaels.jpg

I can't even with Daniel's hair...what is that?

I could scream. I live in the (not too deep) South and, well, I wouldn't bat an eye at this family. Someone get me out of here!

Yeah, this looks like a perfectly normal upper-middle class Southern Baptist church going type family to me. I personally wear very little makeup, but I see tons of women around town that are this made up every day, and it doesn't even register as unusual in my mind. Also, Daniel just looks preppy to me. I live in the south where plenty of straight guys dress like this. Err...I guess they're straight and not just religious guys in the closet.

I wouldn't snark on another adult's appearance if he/ she was someone unknown to me. But when they are a self-serving patriarchal douche who would be all too happy to take away my civil rights, then the gloves are off.

I've never noticed anybody snark on Saunitina's ears. I just don't think it's right to snark on a child's appearance. Some people, like me, grow into their ears and they aren't as noticable when they are adults. Braderick, however...I do notice his ears, but it's his creepy facial expressions that bother me. And he is a prick who thinks women should be subserviant and ever pregnant with no rights, so all bets are off when it comes to snarking on him.

[link=][/link]

Yarg, I own the shirt she's wearing. Should I just go ahead and kill myself now?

I think as long as you don't spackle your face, the shirt is perfectly cute.

[link=][/link]

I think as long as you don't spackle your face, the shirt is perfectly cute.

Funny, since I was just watching drag queen makeup tutorials on youtube. Frankly her makeup is less subtle than some of the queens!

Ugh, that hair is just awful. Can't he have a simple, clean haircut sans hair products? He's a good looking guy. Why does he do that to himself?

Yarg, I own the shirt she's wearing. Should I just go ahead and kill myself now?

It's cute! Where is it from?

The husband looks normal to me... I do live in inner city Sydney though so guys dress up!

I live in Texas and their style doesn't seem that strange to me. We Texan women like our hair and make up. She does pile it on a bit thick, but she wouldn't be out of place here.

His hair, though? I cannot condone that abomination.

I wonder what Aubrey's heritage/ethnic background is she has a very unique look

There's a bit of an Eastern European look about her, I believe.

Depends on what story you read. They signed the official paperwork when she was 16. However, there is evidence that their marriage was a done deal before that. Either there was an hard-core fundie style betrothal where she couldn't back out unless she had a father approved reason(ie. He had a wife and kids already) or the wedding was held when she was still 15 and they signed the paperwork later. Whatever happened, even if it was a straightforward and legal marriage when she was 16, it's one of the skeeviest examples fundie ick.

Wow... are there any other threads discussing this?

It's cute! Where is it from?

The husband looks normal to me... I do live in inner city Sydney though so guys dress up!

Target!

Archived