IGNORED

Lazy's FB photo updated

WonderingInWA

How old was Lauren when she got married? She looks lovely in that photo. The poor child is really cursed with those ears though... hopefully she can make friends with Sauntina LaVerle and they can commiserate over stupid names and unfortunate ears.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How old was Lauren when she got married? She looks lovely in that photo. The poor child is really cursed with those ears though... hopefully she can make friends with Sauntina LaVerle and they can commiserate over stupid names and unfortunate ears.

I have "unfortunate" ears. But I grew into them. And the only people who ever picked on me for it were other children. It really irks me when an adult makes comments about the appearance of a child. Perhaps, she should have pinned her ears back so as not to offend?

I have "unfortunate" ears. But I grew into them. And the only people who ever picked on me for it were other children. It really irks me when an adult makes comments about the appearance of a child. Perhaps, she should have pinned her ears back so as not to offend?

Seriously, what kind of person makes comments like that on a child's appearance? It's bad enough that women have to live up to the "model image" that society sets for us, but what kind of adult would put that on a child? If you have been reduced to sitting on the interwebz, trashing a baby's ears you really need to take a long look in the mirror. Chances are you'll find something unfortunate about yourself, if only your attitude toward outward beauty.

***sorry for the rambling, but I just can't....reminds me why I dislike people a little more everyday***

VooDooChild~ Sorry you went through that. Children can be cruel, but it's particularly disgusting when you hear the loud mouth adults they get it from.

Seriously, what kind of person makes comments like that on a child's appearance? It's bad enough that women have to live up to the "model image" that society sets for us, but what kind of adult would put that on a child? If you have been reduced to sitting on the interwebz, trashing a baby's ears you really need to take a long look in the mirror. Chances are you'll find something unfortunate about yourself, if only your attitude toward outward beauty.

***sorry for the rambling, but I just can't....reminds me why I dislike people a little more everyday***

VooDooChild~ Sorry you went through that. Children can be cruel, but it's particularly disgusting when you hear the loud mouth adults they get it from.

Thanks Koala. It took me until I was a sophomore in high school to work up the courage to wear my hair up in a ponytail. I only did it because my aunt (who is a year younger than me and I went to school with) insisted that I "looked normal, ffs. And who the hell cares because your pretty anyway" (loosely quoted). Yup, she still ranks up there as Top Human Being in my life.

How do we, as feminists, rail against a woman being judged by her appearance, but think a child is fair game? Assuming ladyaudley is feminist....

Not trying to snark on the kids, but do they not have any pictures of them smiling? I suppose they could be shy, but I just found it curious that none of the public pictures have them smiling. Maybe it's a rebellion against the toothpaste ad smiles of their parents? lol.

The little boy looks just like my brother did when he was that age.

perhaps she should. That's a decision she'll get to make herself. But I won't apologise for calling them unfortunate, because to me they are. I hope she grows into them, but to me they are just unfortunate. Deal with it.

voodoochild I am. I'd say the same thing about an adult man, for what it's worth.

edited to add second reply and this explanation

perhaps she should. That's a decision she'll get to make herself. But I won't apologise for calling them unfortunate, because to me they are. I hope she grows into them, but to me they are just unfortunate. Deal with it.

voodoochild I am. I'd say the same thing about an adult man, for what it's worth.

Yes, perhaps a small child should have her ears pinned back so as not to offend the world. <----sarcasm here

I don't see anything "unfortunate" about her ears, but your attitude towards her appearance is indeed "unfortunate" (and by unfortunate I mean disgusting). Like I said, it's bullshit like this that reminds me why I like my cat more than I like most people I meet.

I don't think we have a seen pic of the opposite. I can understand that the little boy may be a bit heavy for Lyndsie. But he was only about 1 when they adopted the little girl. I remember in the early pics that were put up on another blogger's site, most of the family pics had Daniel holding the boy and Lyndsie holding the little girl.

That's odd to me. I have a older boy and a younger girl and while I tend to hold my daughter in more pictures since she's lighter there are still many pictures including our Christmas pictures where I'm holding my son. Even in pictures where they are sitting she has the girl and he has the boy.

When I saw the title of this thread, I was excited because I thought it was an update on The Lazy Organizer. Last I heard she moved her kids into a RV and has since stopped posting and her twitter is protected. Does anyone have any information on her.

Lovely attitude indeed. I won't apologize for thinking you are a superficial ass.

Yes, perhaps a small child should have her ears pinned back so as not to offend the world. <----sarcasm here

I don't see anything "unfortunate" about her ears, but your attitude towards her appearance is indeed "unfortunate" (and by unfortunate I mean disgusting). Like I said, it's bullshit like this that reminds me why I like my cat more than I like most people I meet.

My ears have always stuck out. When I was a baby, my parents tried putting a rubberband around my head to train them to lay down. When I was in JR High, it was all I thought about when I was getting ready - "HOW do I hide these things?!" Now I'm an adult, and I've learned that it doesn't really matter. My husband teases me sometimes, but honestly? Most people don't even notice. I do my hair/makeup well, try to look like a put-together mom, and more often than not, I'm complimented. BUT. I hate the fact that my ears were such an issue with my parents growing up. My adopted brother has even larger ones, and he was always teased. IT DOESN'T MATTER. They are not "sonar", they don't make you "yoda", they don't "flap" in the wind (all things I/my brother were told). They are useful tools to hear the world around you, and don't deserve to be mocked by "adults".

No. I'm not bitter. :D

They call her Livi, I think.

Yeah, Maranatha and Matthew are Lauren's parents:

How old was Lauren when she got married? I'm not familiar with her.

Depends on what story you read. They signed the official paperwork when she was 16. However, there is evidence that their marriage was a done deal before that. Either there was an hard-core fundie style betrothal where she couldn't back out unless she had a father approved reason(ie. He had a wife and kids already) or the wedding was held when she was still 15 and they signed the paperwork later. Whatever happened, even if it was a straightforward and legal marriage when she was 16, it's one of the skeeviest examples fundie ick.

Lovely attitude indeed. I won't apologize for thinking you are a superficial ass.

I don't expect you to.

good for your cat.

I think Lazy's children are adorable. I get what the pp was saying about her having an old fashioned look (the girl) but I find it endearing. Those big ass bows on her head might have something to do w it.

Jeez, making fun of a child's looks is shitty. Making fun of a child for anything is shitty, don't fool yourself that it is ever anything but.

When I saw the title of this thread, I was excited because I thought it was an update on The Lazy Organizer. Last I heard she moved her kids into a RV and has since stopped posting and her twitter is protected. Does anyone have any information on her.

I always think that too whenever I see this thread. I wonder what happened to her. I worry about her kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, one of the kids (Aubrey) kind of sort of has a smile on!

I didn't get the impression that anyone was making fun of the child's ears. Maybe it could have been phrased more thoughtfully or not mentioned at all. But jeez, i've seen worse comments on Sauntina LaVerle's ears and Baby Botkin's unusual looks and nobody is jumping over to scold on those threads. Should we stop mentioning Petey Bradrick's ears as well? Just because he is an asshat does not warrant ear-shaming from us (i personally think his ears are stupid but if others here are hurt by such thoughts because of their own experiences then we should all not mention it either).

I am a little confused where i stand on such issues myself. Maybe we need a little perspective and hold everyone to the same standards regardless of who we are talking about.

Ok i am shutting up *runs and hides*

His hair looks like the Lard Lad from the Simpsons. Or if it was styled by giving himself a swirlie in a toilet filled with Crew product. Or he stood under a very very large vacuum cleaner.

His face also looks botoxed.

Love how she dresses the kids. Seems so southern to me. My sister is moving to Houston (from Australia) next month with her husband and baby girl and I secretly hope for big bows and pillowslip dresses ;)

Archived