IGNORED

Maxwell relatives, but who are they?

kpmom

I suspect they wouldn't stay in the house of people who obviously watch TV. They probably do some level of filtering out just who they'd be staying with.

Chatting though... yeah. I'm sure at least the Steve-O family would have their Bible Time, even if they didn't suck in the the other family.

This time they're staying with a relative so they probably have less control. Usually though they're staying with families who attend the conferences, aren't they? In that case probably the hosting family is thrilled to death to host the stars of the conference and would have been hearing just how awesome and important it is to have Bible Time with the family, so odds are the patriarch of the host family would be happy to get an up close and personal demonstration of just how it works. Get to chug the Kool-aid right from the source, y'know? Rather than just reading about it in the "Sheep" book.

As restrictive as the Maxwells are, they're still probably a bit less iron-fisted about it now than they were with really young kids - the older kids supposedly have internalized everything now so can probably deal with the heathen relative or two not attending the Bible Time if it should happen. I have no doubt they'd insist on holding it though - they could go out to Uriah if nothing else.

They mention in "Hearts" that they preferred to have relatives visit THEM when the kids were little (if they were to meet at all) precisely because that meant they controlled the agenda and it meant a great opportunity for proselytization.

If they were to ever visit me (not that such a thing would happen in a million years, I'm sure) I'd be happy to let them do their thing at the dining table but meanwhile I'm going to go read something USEFUL in the other room!! They don't have to worry about TV in my house but they might want to shield their kids from the bookshelves.

(I might have to just silently serve actual Kool-aid as the dessert beverage...)

I would think that any family who offered to host the Maxwells does so because they embrace the same beliefs, so bible time with Steve is to them what an audience with the pope would be to a devout catholic.

I.e. this, when it comes to their non-relative conference attendee host families.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve!!

Glad to see you're reading here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dad’s side. She is Dad’s sister.

You used the quote from about the potter and the clay, but the potter sells the pots and earns income from them. I see the potter as the head of the family, but you are not doing God's will by keeping your children infantilized. Let the girls grow up. Let Sarah take a writing class at your local college or adult school. Mingle. Meet people. How can you be a beacon to the world if the lampshade's too big and hides the light.

A faithful reader.

I agree with other posters, the Maxwells probably filter some of the people they stay with. They probably at least ask if the families have TVs or not. I suspect the family they stayed with last during one of their conferences didn't own a TV and probably did Bible time. I think when it comes to relatives, if they have TV, Steve probably requests that the TV not be turned on while they are there.

There is yet another post about seasonal change. Do these poor girls never tire of posing for pictures???

There is yet another post about seasonal change. Do these poor girls never tire of posing for pictures???

It's better than cleaning the blades on the ceiling fan.

I would say Steve is bringing the children to show them the heathen relatives as an example to what will happen if they dare leave the fold. They will put on weight, celebrate Christmas and eat off square plates. And then go straight to hell.

I'm in!!!

Throw in some microwave popcorn, Halloween candy purchased @ 75% off, and I'm yours for life..

(Can I also paint my toenails pink??)

It's better than cleaning the blades on the ceiling fan.

And really, what the hell else is there to do?

Is it just me or does Mary look a little bit like Chelsea Clinton?

I have to admit that reveling in the seasonal change is probably one of those few things the Maxwells and I have in common - and the weather IS absolutely gorgeous in Illinois right now. My commute to work (by bike, on tree-lined streets) is just amazing this time of year.

The endless posed pictures of just THEM, yeah, kinda overkill. Every. Single. Shot. Is. Posed. Well, mostly. The haircut pic had a bit more life in it.

Hi Steve!!

Glad to see you're reading here.

:clap: Very astute, MJB, gardenvarietycitizen and anniebgood. Obviously Steve can take on criticism to clarify his message, but he'll never consider his obvious personality flaws that have been just as clearly described.

Archived