IGNORED

The sonograms of HELLLLL!!!

JesusFightClub

Well, I'm seriously in trouble then. Mom passed around the sonogram pictures of my brother and myself, I've seen my cousin's sonogram photos, and the photos from friends...

I should probably be sent to the prayer closet for those ones. I've got carrot cake if anyone wants to join me.

I find the subject very odd as so many of these fundies are "Think of the babieeeeeeeeeeees!" You'd think they'd be happy to see photos of another fetus.

My friends and I have always joked that fundies whack off to pictures of fetuses, but I always hoped it wasn't actually the case...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until I read the last line of that article, I really thought it was about the modesty of the fetus and how embarrassed it would be as an adult to have had its naked fetal self posted online.

A very christian, saved her first kiss for the wedding, friend of mine just posted her sonogram online! Made me think of this and I couldn't stop chuckling.

Guest Anonymous
A very christian, saved her first kiss for the wedding, friend of mine just posted her sonogram online! Made me think of this and I couldn't stop chuckling.

Its your solemn duty to help her see the error of her ways.

I wonder if he would hate this website (lots of defrauding going on, of both women and babbies) or love it (since it shows the [hilarious] errors of defrauding):

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/tagged/B ... The%20Oven

Call me crazy, but I *kind of* get what he's saying, although we're certainly coming at it from different angles. There is such a thing as TMI and "over-sharing."

How does that work?! I watched a movie in the sex ed portion of grade 9 science that contained video footage of live embryos and fetuses in utero, but I assumed sticking a camera in there was risky and wouldn't be available to the public. Well great, now I've got to look it up.

And another thing about the inside of my uterus being indecent - has that dude never looked at a sonogram? You need to be an expert to even know what you're seeing. Otherwise, besides a discernible fetal head, it's random shapes. I've had ultrasounds done of several of my internal organs, and I didn't know what the fuck I was looking at. He could be getting a boner from his wife's intestines and never know it. *enter anal sex joke*

Perhaps by "actual picture" Trynn is referring to a 3D ultrasound? They do look fairly picture-like. I had no idea there was such a thing until I received a 3D ultrasound image of my niece.

Perhaps by "actual picture" Trynn is referring to a 3D ultrasound? They do look fairly picture-like. I had no idea there was such a thing until I received a 3D ultrasound image of my niece.

Probably. I've only ever heard about them, as I've never had an ultrasound myself.

And another thing about the inside of my uterus being indecent - has that dude never looked at a sonogram? You need to be an expert to even know what you're seeing. Otherwise, besides a discernible fetal head, it's random shapes.

I think pregnancy ultrasounds are different. THere's a skeletal structure to mark stuff. The 20 w ultrasounds we've had, baby parts were all very obvious, fingers and toes and profile. Closer to my due date, we even saw hair on one of mine (he had lots, and floating in amniotic fluid, he had quite the afro) A lot depends on the perspective and orientation. But if the tech gives you a landmark, it's often quite easy to pick out what's what, even in the 2D sonograms.

I think this guy is stupid but I am wondering if by "sacred" he meant something other than sexual. There are different types of modesty. I am having a hard time imagining someone could be so loony as to find an ultrasound picture "sexy" immodest.

I hate the word "womb"! It reeks of uneducated fundie to me. It's a uterus, folks. Really, not a bad word!

Nothing wrong with "womb" either. And it's several hundred years older (as an English word). That's like complaining about people using brain instead of cerebrum (sense 2).

Nontechnical does not mean uneducated.

Nothing wrong with "womb" either. And it's several hundred years older (as an English word). That's like complaining about people using brain instead of cerebrum (sense 2).

Nontechnical does not mean uneducated.

I know that there is nothing wrong with the word, it's just that all the fundies use it, and my mother used it when we were fundie, so it drives me batty. I just wish that some fundie out there (or ignorant politician) would try out the word uterus.

Did my post come off as hand slappy, because I didn't mean it....I wasn't talking about people here, I was referring to the fundies....kind of like talking to the 4th wall, KWIM? I did just realize that I might have come off as being hand slappy to people here, and i didn't mean it!

Its your solemn duty to help her see the error of her ways.

lol, I'll link her to that post! I used to ask her what she thought about gay people and she'd quote the bible and I'd say "No no, what do YOU THINK"

Meanwhile her brother (who I am 99% sure is gay) just got engaged... oy vey... Priscilla # 2?

Archived