IGNORED

OMM's Sad Trombone

GeoBQn

One Million Mom's was claiming victory on their Facebook page for getting rid of sponsors for The New Normal . . . on the same day that The New Normal got a full season order from NBC.

Keep up the great work! With one exception (V-8 owned by Campbell Soup Company), the majority of the sponsors we previously contacted did not appear on this past week’s episode of “The New Normal.†One Million Moms will continue to monitor

and send out updates for the sponsors who have permanently removed themselves from sponsoring the show and if any reappear. Once again, we need to contact new sponsors of this irresponsible program that has no business being on television at all, especially on NBC. Please email the sponsors of NBC’s “The New Normal†and strongly encourage them to no longer financially support this program. Sponsors include: Old Navy (GAP), Seven Up (Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.), Dreft (P & G), and T-Mobile.

So, they're watching the show like hawks to see what commercials there are while telling the rest of us not to watch the show. Takin' one for the team I guess.

It's ironic that they hate the show so much, since Ellen Barkin's character basically spouts OMM talking points - she's the Archie Bunker of the show, and her outright hatred of homosexuals was a strong motivator for her daughter to become a surrogate mother for a gay couple in the first episode.

Not a bad show, I've seen 3 episodes and I think it's one of the best new shows this fall. Glad NBC renewed it, high 5 for NBC and only one middle finger for the 40,000 moms.

Why should it not be on NBC especially? Is NBC somehow supposed to be the most family friendly network, with SVU in their lineup?

Organizations like OMM/AFA, PTC and other conservative groups that monitor the media really don't give a crap about some of the violence on crime drama shows. The content on SVU is a bit tame compared to stuff on cable. The main focus of OMM is to be against shows that feature gay characters, premartial or teen sex, and shows that have horror elements to it. I saw that they were going against 666 Park Avenue recently. They also hate shows that make fun of Christian subcultures. I hate that GBC was canned and that OMM took credit for it.

As for sponsors pulling out of The New Normal, the morons at OMM don't realize that sponsors can be replaced. I still laugh at the incident from last year when they were praising themselves for getting Chuck E. Cheese to pull out from Pretty Little Liars. PLL is still on the air and a lot of sponsors/companies don't have issues with PLL having lesbian characters. Sponsors know that the show get decent viewer numbers from the 18-49 demo.

The ratings for The New Normal haven't been that great. I like the show, but I get the feeling that it might not be renewed for a second season. I can see the final episode of this season being set up a possible series finale. It could work out that way with the final episode being the birth of the baby.

So, they made a note of the sponsors that appeared on the pilot of an experimental new show, then noticed they did not appear in the second episode...and somehow they're going to take credit for that? Or maybe, just maybe, the network negotiated different deals with sponsors because they weren't sure how long the show would continue? Hey, maybe they picked up some new sponsors thanks to the success of the pilot episode and will integrate them all as time goes on. These people are morons :roll:

One Million Mom's was claiming victory on their Facebook page for getting rid of sponsors for The New Normal . . . on the same day that The New Normal got a full season order from NBC.

Ok, thanks OMM! I will continue shopping at Old Navy, start buying Seven up, but I won't switch to dreft and T-mobile, dammit!

I'm on T-mobile. I might write to them and thank them for sponsoring this show. Hopefully it will come over here too.

What gives these people the right to decide what I watch? If they don't like the show, then I suggest they either change the channel or shut off the tv. As an adult, I can decide for myself what I watch/listen to/do/believe/etc. They're attempt to control everyone else's lives smacks of fascism.

Now that Dinosaurs is available to watch on Netflix, I recommend watching the episode "Baby Talk," in which Earl responds to the Baby saying a dirty word he learned from television by leading a group of parents to ban all bad words from TV. This then leads to all bad words being banned from being said in real life.

They need to get a hobby that does not involve monitoring my tv watching. I watched the show and it did not do anything for me but I loved Park ave..

Damn. :shock: They're fucking insane. People like these say that feminists are bitter, but look they should look at themselves patrolling a show with their eyes for what they deem as anti-American, immoral behavior. They're the bitter ones. (My family and I love Modern Family, is it anything like that? :D )

What gives these people the right to decide what I watch? If they don't like the show, then I suggest they either change the channel or shut off the tv. As an adult, I can decide for myself what I watch/listen to/do/believe/etc. They're attempt to control everyone else's lives smacks of fascism.

It is hard to explain why they feel they have the right to decide what others watch. I know several people who only care for older TV shows that are family friendly. They dislike a lot of newer more edgy type shows, but they don't act like they need to take away rights from what other people want to watch. The 40 k moms Facebook page gives me laughs at times. I remember one woman bitched about NBC's show Smash because there was a scene with a gay couple lying in bed. She made the comment that OMM should go after Smash because of that scene. If she doesn't like the gay character on the show, she shouldn't even bother watching it. I watched Smash from the first episode I figured out from the pilot that were probably going be scenes with Tom and another gay male. I get the vibe from people are who are members of PTC, AFA, and OMM, that they are upset the culture and society are always changing. They still want the days of a ultra classic family friendly shows. I still appreciate the classic shows, but things are always changing.

Archived