IGNORED

Johnette Benkovic part 2: the insanity continues

Boltingmadonna

"Father" Ed Sylvia says that if you don't have the bio dad in the home, then you are setting your kid up to be sexually abused. Because the biodad will say "I love you and I protect you because you are my own." Uh . . . so the cure for child sexual abuse is proper ownership of girl children. Apparently they have just never heard of the problem of girls being abused by their blood relatives.

Cristina King then blurts out a really weird sequence of crap about how, if you have a daughter and there's a stepdad in the home, her menstrual cycle will not coincide with yours and thus she will "compete" with you because, pheromones. She seems to be implying that stepchildren have a physiological inclination to be "asking for it." This is creepy.

Now Johnette is saying that if you are spontaneous and youthful and do stuff like sit on the floor, it could be a sign that you have "emotional deprivation."

They gave lip service to the idea that victims of sex abuse are not guilty. But then they talk about your past as being a "dirty closet" that people are afraid to look into. They talk a lot about guilt and about the "sins" that result from abuse. "God can heal you in your brokenness." So, survivors are broken and only God can fix you. But, says Cristina, don't worry, because "Jesus is a gentle lover. He will go slowly." Just . . . ick. Yeah, I was raped, and the idea of Jesus fucking me does NOTHING to make me feel better about that! Also, God will not heal you right away. He will take his time so you are forced to build a relationship with him. Well that sounds a little stalkerish to me.

Aaaand again with the dead girl saint, Laura Vicuna. Jeez. Give it a rest!

Eeeewww...this show sounds even more creepy on the radio. Nothing - certainly not ignorance of the facts - can excuse the fact that she collects the creepiest possible representatives of patriarchal Catholicism for her shows, both female and male guests- and yes, her most recent shows focusing on abuse are the worst kind of propaganda for enablers- I don't care what shred of "charity" she thinks she might be motivating her to dissemble that way.

I also can't tell from their facial expressions (and radio voices) how much Crystalina and Christina buy into all that, really, but it's awful to think that yet another generation of perky Catholic media types is being raised up to perpetuate ignorance at least in public.

Tangential note: My personal favorite guest of hers is that little ball of hate, Ronda Chervin. I can't look away whenever she's on, G-d forgive me.

Oh my sainted grannies, Ronda Chervin!! I couldn't agree more. I can't stop staring at her face because I'm trying to figure out exactly what kind of mental state produces such crumpled bitterness. It's really quite alarming. I expect Ronda to produce a knife from amongst the voluminous folds of her modesty garb and start stabbing people at random while screaming "The power of Satan compels you!" I totally do not believe in demons or exorcism, but if anything could convince me, it would be some of the guests they have on EWTN.

Archived