IGNORED

If you think KimC is not quite fundie...

slickcat79

Go read her latest post at Life in a Shoe.

inashoe.com/2012/09/4-moms-handling-different-standards-between-you-and-your-husband/

It includes wonderful little gems like:

as head of the house, the husband is responsible before God for the standards held within the house.

This means that when we disagree, he gets the final word. Easy.

More often than I care to admit, I find that he was right and I was wrong. Sometimes he admits that it’s the other way around. Sometimes we just don’t agree, and I have to graciously go along with him even though I still think he’s wrong. There is a peace in knowing that the end decision is his, and sometimes I later understand that he was right after all. Sometimes not. The hierarchy of authority still stands, and I think God blesses us when we work within the structure He ordained.

The best example she can think of how this works in her own home? How she and her daughters dress. That's right, the best person to decide how a bunch of women/teen girls should dress is the only man in the house :roll: Even worse when you consider that the man in question is getting huge amounts of guidance from Doug Phillips who is a tool.

It absolutely makes my blood pressure go through the roof when these women post things along the lines of "I went along with him even though I felt he was wrong."

Brings to mind the famous defense, "I was just following orders..."

Sometimes I think this must be a huge part of the appeal of fundy living for women. Maybe even the only appeal, because women seem to get the sucky end of the deal in just about every other way. They seem to find a certain comfort that comes from never having to think about anything - not only is the world is painted in neat absolutes, all decision making can be left up to the headship.

When it comes to hemlines and the cut of the clothes, we lean heavily on Dad’s opinion.

No thinking involved! Yeesh.

And there are also people who simply don't want personal responsibility and are willing to forfeit their rights (to their partner) if it means they aren't held accountable for anything. Being owned is apparently an OK trade-off for never having to make an important decision.

Archived