IGNORED

I have a theory about Jana Duggar

tabitha2

I wonder if she didn't fall in love with someone and it didn't work out, either because he was not Duggar-approved or because his family didn't approve of the worldly Duggars. She has a pining look about her. She would definitely resent her mom and dad if they were the reason she could not marry someone she loved.

I definitely agree with the pining look - my guess was also that she developed at least a crush on someone worldly (younger camera crew or some of the few worldly people she sees outside the home or something) and Daddy didn't approve and has limited or eliminated contact...

Alternatively, maybe her alleged resentment stems from seeing her brother and now Zach Bates courting/marrying and her having to stay home still. Isn't she 21? Wasn't Mackynzie (or however they spell it) born when Josh and Anna were 21? And isn't she Josie's buddy? Doesn't that suggest that she won't be allowed out of the house for probably another decade, or do they change up buddies sometimes?

I think it could be all of the factors mentioned and/or more. I read about that Journey to the Heart retreat from it's official site. The way I understood the camp, it appears to be a time devoted to confessing your faults, fasting, praying, and being lectured with more of Bill Gothard's teachings/ideas. I may check it out myself just for fun if I ever have an extra eight hundred dollars laying around. After the camp if you are not a member you must give them your credit card information and go through the seminars, that is another barrier to me going. :snooty:

I showed my husband the link for Bad Mommy camp. He's not sure how a marriage could survive that.

I wonder if she didn't fall in love with someone and it didn't work out, either because he was not Duggar-approved or because his family didn't approve of the worldly Duggars. She has a pining look about her. She would definitely resent her mom and dad if they were the reason she could not marry someone she loved.

They spent so much time w/ the Bates family, and they were the first ones she called when Michelle announced she was pregnant w/ Josie. Possibly Jana had a crush on Zach Bates, and the feelings weren't reciprocated, so she's crushed. He did look like the perfect suitor for her.

It's also possible that she's seen enough of the world to realize that she's trapped in the life in which her parents have imprisoned her.

Archived