IGNORED

Think you're being persecuted? Take this quiz.

Linnea

LOVE this! And I would share it far and wide if I thought even one person I know who falsely feels they are persecuted would actually read it. Maybe I'll save the link and post it whenever someone cries instead.

I posted this to my facebook page earlier today, and right away I got a nibble: a Jesus-lovin', home skoolin' mama of 2. Her reply?

I didn't read this yet, but I will tell you, basically all those who believe in GOD and try to live their lives like JESUS are being persecuted in one way or another. Its really sad, but there is ALOT of judgement and persecution in this world...more then anyone knows!

ETA: There's nothing wrong with loving Jesus or home schooling, I just can't with this gal.

I posted this to my facebook page earlier today, and right away I got a nibble: a Jesus-lovin', home skoolin' mama of 2. Her reply?

ETA: There's nothing wrong with loving Jesus or home schooling, I just can't with this gal.

There, now I feel better.

Quicklikeabunny wrote:

Quote:

I didn't read this yet, but I will tell you, basically all those who believe in GOD and try to live their lives like JESUS are being persecuted in one way or another. Its really sad, but there is ALOT A LOT of judgement and persecution in this world...more then than anyone knows!

Me too.

Can someone with a sockpuppet twitter shoot this article off to Smuggar? Then prepare for him to ban you, because he's being so persecuted and all... :roll:

He's already banned me once and it took forever for me to get my list of ppl. I'm following on my new sock account. I really don't want to make a 3rd account.

Quicklikeabunny wrote:

Quote:

I didn't read this yet, but I will tell you, basically all those who believe in GOD and try to live their lives like JESUS are being persecuted in one way or another. Its It's really sad, but there is ALOT A LOT of judgement and persecution in this world...more then than anyone knows!

Me too.

Now me three. Your friend needs a quick grammar review. At least she used their & there properly.

I posted this on my FB and the pet fundie argued with me. She feels that having to pay into an insurance plan that covers birth control for any of its members is an infringement on her religious liberty.

Someone.missed.the.point.

I posted this on my FB and the pet fundie argued with me. She feels that having to pay into an insurance plan that covers birth control for any of its members is an infringement on her religious liberty.

Someone.missed.the.point.

For some people, the only way they'd realize they aren't being persecuted is for them to wake up in the body of someone who actually is persecuted and live in it for a couple days.

I'm verrrry tempted to share this on Facebook, but I've got some friends it would offend and I don't have the energy to explain things to wilfully ignorant people right now.

Shared. Given my mood of the past few days, I'm totally up for taking on any whiners. I was evicted - along with a disabled child and a newborn - because the neighbors were frightened by the fact that I am Pagan. Obviously, I could have fought it, but I didn't want to live around assholes like that. I'd love to see someone being evicted for loving Jesus too much. Being evicted for stuffing too many of God's blessings into one dwelling doesn't count.

You were evicted because of your religion? That is real persecution, and yet there are people out there who cry discrimination just because people with other beliefs are allowed to exist. I bet if that happened to a Christian, they would make a big scene of it and do protests and stuff, but they feel they can do that to other people. Fundies dont really use empathy or logic...

Shared. Given my mood of the past few days, I'm totally up for taking on any whiners. I was evicted - along with a disabled child and a newborn - because the neighbors were frightened by the fact that I am Pagan. Obviously, I could have fought it, but I didn't want to live around assholes like that. I'd love to see someone being evicted for loving Jesus too much. Being evicted for stuffing too many of God's blessings into one dwelling doesn't count.

No. NO. That's frickin unbelievable and horrible :( When did that happen? Do you like your new area better?

Delurking to say I posted this to facebook as soon as I finished reading it. I live in Oklahoma and am surrounded by Christians crying persecution on a regular basis. I was fully prepared to launch a full-on facebook war with anyone who mouthed off about it. Sadly, I got no takers. Not one person commented :x Maybe they read it and realized they didn't have a leg to stand on? Yeah, I doubt it.

Anyway, hi everyone! I've been lurking sporadically for a couple of years and daily for the last 9 or 10 months. Glad to join the community :D

The eviction happened around 18 months ago. I'm still in the same area, but since both dwellings are in apartment buildings, there's more of a degree of separation than there might be if we were neighbors with yards that backed onto each other's property. It is VERY uncomfortable to go outside and encounter the people who complained - we know some of the people who did, because one couple started a sort of petition, stating that I had cast a spell on the wife and other ridiculous bullshit, and had other people in the building cosign it. The landlady was a small-town Christian, so it scared the living daylights out of her.

We were upfront about it when we rented the place we're in now, after I took a bit of time to sort of "feel out" the landlord, only because we knew that they'd probably hear about it from the rumor mill around here. I've also made a point of trying to connect with more Pagan or Pagan-friendly people, so that I feel like I have a support system. The city that I live in generally is very Pagan-friendly - we have Pagan Pride gatherings, long-standing "Alternative Spirituality" businesses, and one of the most popular bars is host to a monthly Pagan gathering. I just had the very bad luck of landing in a patch of assholes. The thing that struck me as hilarious was that the couple who started it all claim to be Messianic Jews. They are part of a much greater minority than I am, but because they believe in Jesus, the random asshole Christians tend to accept them as just a bit weird. FWIW, I have nothing against any religion or belief system in general. Well, maybe Scientology. But when I speak of the asshole Christians, please understand that I'm referring to a very specific group of Christians, not to be confused with ordinary Christians!

Archived