IGNORED

Paul Ryan: Rape is just another form of conception

Lillybee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:x :roll:

I bet he'd sing a different tune if it were a member of his family (I hope that never happens).

So...we may have a VP that believes that rape is a "method of conception."

I want to cry.

I saw similar comments on FB; basically, Akin is an idiot, but we shouldn't kill the baby because it was conceived through an evil act. Gaaaahhhh

As I told StarrieEyedKat on FB, we are one election away from rape kits being delivered with a bow and a congratulations balloon.

Wow...I find no words for such ignorance.

BTW, Paul Ryan reminds me of Gabe from The Office.

[attachment=1]Gabe The office.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Paul Ryan.jpeg[/attachment]

It's almost always men that publicly state this BS, because they know it can never happen to them.

OMG! The fuck is wrong with that country?

SEK - I too want to cry...and move even further away from the American border, because it's just too scary now.

I have to believe there is a special place in hell for people like this, otherwise I couldn't stand to get up in the morning.

I used to think I wanted a daughter more than anything. But I am officially heartsick at the thought of bringing a little girl into this world.

I have to believe there is a special place in hell for people like this, otherwise I couldn't stand to get up in the morning.

I used to think I wanted a daughter more than anything. But I am officially heartsick at the thought of bringing a little girl into this world.

QFT - I read the article then looked at my precious little girl and wanted to steal her away to Canada immediately.

I'm kind of glad he said that. I mean really, can the GOP win if they alienate 50% of the population?

Can anyone find an actual video or transcript of the interview where he actually used that phrasing ('rape is just another form of conception'), or was that not an actual quote? I want to post this on FB, but my very conservative friends and family will rip it apart if it's not an actual quote, but rather a media fabrication inferred from other statements he's made.

TIA!

Can anyone find an actual video or transcript of the interview where he actually used that phrasing ('rape is just another form of conception'), or was that not an actual quote? I want to post this on FB, but my very conservative friends and family will rip it apart if it's not an actual quote, but rather a media fabrication inferred from other statements he's made.

TIA!

Unfortunately, I don't think so.

“I’m very proud of my pro-life record, and I’ve always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life,†Ryan explained. “But let’s remember, I’m joining the Romney-Ryan ticket. And the president makes policy.â€

Unfortunately, I don't think so.

I can't find it either- I think that was the writer's own inference from the above quote. Although that quote does make it quite clear that he opposes abortion even in the case of rape, it's not quite the same as 'rape is just another form of conception.' I'll have to leave this one alone.

Thanks!

He would be tarred and feathered if he came right out and said "rape is just another form of conception." He might be a misogynist dillhole, but he isn't stupid!

I believe it was Florynce Kennedy who said: "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament." I don't believe for a second that Ryan and co.'s position has anything to do with the sanctity of life. If it did, we'd see him supporting government programs to help those less fortunate than himself. The whole GOP platform is about control; controlling women and pretty much everyone who isn't a rich, white heterosexual male. :evil:

:x :roll:

I bet he'd sing a different tune if it were a member of his family (I hope that never happens).

Oh but I don't think he would at all. He would be the type to grill his raped daughter about what she was wearing, where she was, what time it was, and what she did to deserve it. And then he would threaten to kick her out if she thought about aborting.

I'm kind of glad he said that. I mean really, can the GOP win if they alienate 50% of the population?

Well, we know of plenty of women who would actually agree with this bullshit. ie. Tea Party fundies...pretty much everyone we comment on here and their daughters of voting age who are watched while they vote lest they vote for an ebil Democrap or a proposition that might aid poor women and/or children. :roll:

I believe it was Florynce Kennedy who said: "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament." I don't believe for a second that Ryan and co.'s position has anything to do with the sanctity of life. If it did, we'd see him supporting government programs to help those less fortunate than himself. The whole GOP platform is about control; controlling women and pretty much everyone who isn't a rich, white heterosexual male. :evil:

This.

No one cares about the fetuses once they are babies much less adult women.

I don't think there is any dilemma about this election. Vote Obama or see your rights evaporate. Most of us are a "minority" in one or more ways--racial, religious, gender, etc. Together we make up the vast majority of the US and we have the power to kick these assholes out of Washington.

I don't think there is any dilemma about this election. Vote Obama or see your rights evaporate. Most of us are a "minority" in one or more ways--racial, religious, gender, etc. Together we make up the vast majority of the US and we have the power to kick these assholes out of Washington.

QFT

This cannot be repeated often enough. There are three supreme court justice seats opening during the next presidential term. The make up of that court will determine whether the anti woman legislation will be upheld as constitutional.

This is a first for me. I have never been on the verge of tears because of some shit a politician said.

This.

No one cares about the fetuses once they are babies much less adult women.

Females are not a minority in the US; we actually outnumber males!

Archived