IGNORED

Maxwell Vacation 2012

Justme

Now why on earth can't they celebrate Teri's birthday while on what some people would call a vacation?!

Who is the reversal boy holding Chrissy? Is it Joe? Boy, is his hair short! Guess his hair was becoming an IDOL. :twisted:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my cougar crush John, and don't you say anything bad about him or I'll pull your hair and burst into tears!

Meanie!

I'm assuming the Maxwells can't do an official celebration on the road? Teri's bday included shopping and homemade cake. The Maxwells have done bdays on the road composed of simple cake and presents. I dunno. I was actually hoping there would be a wedding related trip in Aug. It doesn't look like it here.

That's my cougar crush John, and don't you say anything bad about him or I'll pull your hair and burst into tears!

Meanie!

So sorry! Off to the prayer closet I go! :pray:

The Lord opened up an opportunity for us to be able to take about a week to be away together mid-August.

Oh for fucks sake, it is called clearing you calendar and it has nothing to do with Lord Jesus. Do the Maxwell's think the son of god is devoted them? Ugh, these folks are really annoying to me and I have a feeling the annoy the every living piss of Jesus as well.

I think it's time the Lord (or their Lord) opens up an opportunity for them to spend some time apart. They already spend all their time together, why spend money and inconvenience poor old Uriah to go somewhere else and do everything you already do at home with all the same people? Wouldn't that be making an Idol out of the Lord's opportunity? I think they already have made an Idol of spending every second of their lives together. In any case, I hope the Lord sees to it that Uriah can last through this trip without something major breaking down. :roll:

Oh for fucks sake, it is called clearing you calendar and it has nothing to do with Lord Jesus. Do the Maxwell's think the son of god is devoted them? Ugh, these folks are really annoying to me and I have a feeling the annoy the every living piss of Jesus as well.

From time to time I engage in random Maxwell-speak with my (Jewish agnostic) DH and (raised Christian but not terribly religious) kids:

During Scrabble: "The Lord gifted me with this P, so that I can get this Triple Word Score."

After dinner: "The Lord laid it on my heart that we should have ice cream this evening."

It makes them NUTS.

Try it sometime!

Do you think Elizabeth will accompany them? Or would the risk of her and Joseph making hot hot eye sekz at each other be too high?

If I were the LORD I'd be offended for being given credit for such a stupid thing. The LORD didn't even have to blink in their direction to make that happen.

I say the LORD loves my family better than the Maxwells. In mid August (oooh, just like the Maxwells) 31 people, only two of whom are under the age of 18, are going on vacation together. Siblings, cousins, their kids, some in-laws and their kids. All of these people work - even the 18 year old college students. Vacations were cleared with jobs, kids got off work and a week from their college responsibilities (my niece is even moving that week - out of one place the weekend we go and into the new place the weekend we come back - a trailer full of her possessions will join us for vacation as her college is on the way). No one person made any decision, a family of cooperating adults from the age 18 and up, worked together. If the LORD has anything to do with vacation planning, he clearly loves my family best for making it happen with that many people who get to make their own decisions.

In the Maxwell clan, Steve says they're going, they all go. End of story. No questions asked. He makes their schedules, so of course they were all free to go to Colorado 'together'. Besides, who the hell else would they go with? They don't pee without each other, much less travel to another state.

Don't they always go to Co.? Can't they try so,somewhere new? I know many people spend their vacation at the beach every year or whatever, I just find it odd they always go to Co. when they have been to many states and you would think see something they might want to spend some time at. Maybe its the only place isolated enough they are not going to run into defrauding sunbathers or partiers?

Don't they always go to Co.? Can't they try so,somewhere new? I know many people spend their vacation at the beach every year or whatever, I just find it odd they always go to Co. when they have been to many states and you would think see something they might want to spend some time at. Maybe its the only place isolated enough they are not going to run into defrauding sunbathers or partiers?

They have a cabin up there, they've been going to it for years. I'm not sure if it's a timeshare or what but you can see that same place in lots of their really old photos.

Wonder if they'll stop to visit Elizabeth's family like normal in-laws. Do they ever visit the families of the son's wives? Or do they take the bridal giving-away literally? :?

Poor Colorado! Doesn't that state have enough woes at the moment, without the Maxwells showing up?

Maybe the cabin didn't make it; they could be in for a big surprise.

Wonder if they'll stop to visit Elizabeth's family like normal in-laws. Do they ever visit the families of the son's wives? Or do they take the bridal giving-away literally? :?

I dunno. According the comments NRAnna's parents came to visit soon after Joshua was born. So I think the sons do keep in touch with their in-laws, but for whatever reasons the Maxwells don't blog about it (God forbid the subject of the blog should ever drift from Stevie. I'd say that maybe the in-laws want their privacy, but then why the hell were they talked about on the blog during courtships? If they're not relatives, maybe their opinions don't count yet?)

Poor Colorado! Doesn't that state have enough woes at the moment, without the Maxwells showing up?

The Maxwells might not know about some of the stuff Colorado is going through. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Maxwells don't know about the theater shooting and I also bet that none of the reversal kids have ever been to a movie theater.

The Maxwells might not know about some of the stuff Colorado is going through. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Maxwells don't know about the theater shooting and I also bet that none of the reversal kids have ever been to a movie theater.

I was thinking about how the Maxwells would even know about the shooting. Teri says the family gets their news through conservative Christian pamphlets and overhearing news in grocery lines. I think they get their news through tidbits here and there. If it doesn't affect them, they won't go through the trouble of praying or contemplating it.

As for the movie theater. Steve calls the tv "the beast". The family threw out their TV back in the 80's. If/when they hear of the CO shooting, Steve will just point to that as one more example of the evils of modern media (see? watching movies and tv can kill you! It's filled with hedonist, atheist killers!). Yeah, Steve and Teri actively try to hide their heads in the sand to prevent unpleasant thoughts from crossing their minds.

I was thinking about how the Maxwells would even know about the shooting. Teri says the family gets their news through conservative Christian pamphlets and overhearing news in grocery lines. I think they get their news through tidbits here and there. If it doesn't affect them, they won't go through the trouble of praying or contemplating it.

As for the movie theater. Steve calls the tv "the beast". The family threw out their TV back in the 80's. If/when they hear of the CO shooting, Steve will just point to that as one more example of the evils of modern media (see? watching movies and tv can kill you! It's filled with hedonist, atheist killers!). Yeah, Steve and Teri actively try to hide their heads in the sand to prevent unpleasant thoughts from crossing their minds.

Yep. Crazy as it seems, I bet they don't know about the shooting or the recent fires. I dare someone to leave a comment mentioning both--might be a wake-up call for ol' Steve. (Nah. He will never wake up.)

I hate watching the news, so I never do (unless I'm visiting my parents), but I do read newspapers online. I can't imagine being so cut off from the world. I sort of like to, you know, know what's going on. But then I'm a librul pants-wearer.

From time to time I engage in random Maxwell-speak with my (Jewish agnostic) DH and (raised Christian but not terribly religious) kids:

During Scrabble: "The Lord gifted me with this P, so that I can get this Triple Word Score."

After dinner: "The Lord laid it on my heart that we should have ice cream this evening."

It makes them NUTS.

Try it sometime!

hahaha I might try that, I don't think any of my atheist family/friends could cope

I hate watching the news, so I never do (unless I'm visiting my parents), but I do read newspapers online. I can't imagine being so cut off from the world. I sort of like to, you know, know what's going on. But then I'm a librul pants-wearer.

I actually avoid the news because I find it too depressing...I actually hear most stuff from other people or message boards.

Do you think Elizabeth will accompany them? Or would the risk of her and Joseph making hot hot eye sekz at each other be too high?

I doubt she'd be allowed to. Difficult to keep enough space for Jesus between you when you're in such cramped quarters.

In another thread someone said they're going to travel with the gang after marriage? Way to heap burning coals on Sarah's head. Even if Uriah is a nooky-free zone, to have to watch her younger brother canoodling with his wife, while she gets to maintain her virginal splendor and feel her ovaries shrivel? Poor Sarah indeed.

I thought the Muncks lived in Pennsylvania? The pictures on their blog definitely look like New England to me with all the trees and greenery.

Maybe John has a courtship prospect in CO......must be difficult to see that calender under Joe's mattress with the days marked off till freedom AND sex--wow! What an unholy combination! Every time Joe sees John and Jess I bet he makes a rude jesture near his waist with a hand.........

[The Maxwells might not know about some of the stuff Colorado is going through. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Maxwells don't know about the theater shooting and I also bet that none of the reversal kids have ever been to a movie theater.

They might know about the shootings, actually.

The sad thing about the way they supposedly learn about news (mainly overhearing people talking in the market) is that they're far more likely to hear about sensational crimes and the latest blatherings of radio talk show hosts than they are to learn of serious news that might actually affect their lives. I just do not understand their snobbishness over cutting themselves off from the newspaper, of all things.

You're probably right about none of the reversal kids having been in a theater. Actually not quite - we know they've seen the films in the Creation Museum, although they bragged about needing to cover their eyes in some parts. But a normal commercial movie theater? I agree with you there's likely no way they've been to one of those.

I thought the Muncks lived in Pennsylvania? The pictures on their blog definitely look like New England to me with all the trees and greenery.

Muncks live in Tennessee. Just look up Doggie Doos (their business).

They might know about the shootings, actually.

The sad thing about the way they supposedly learn about news (mainly overhearing people talking in the market) is that they're far more likely to hear about sensational crimes and the latest blatherings of radio talk show hosts than they are to learn of serious news that might actually affect their lives. I just do not understand their snobbishness over cutting themselves off from the newspaper, of all things.

You're probably right about none of the reversal kids having been in a theater. Actually not quite - we know they've seen the films in the Creation Museum, although they bragged about needing to cover their eyes in some parts. But a normal commercial movie theater? I agree with you there's likely no way they've been to one of those.

I forgot about the films at the Creation Museum. If one of the reversal kids ever escapes, it would be interesting to observe them going to stuff like the movies, watching TV, and being able to read various kinds of books.

Archived