IGNORED

Modesty without looking extreme

luckylassie

Me and my chunky thighs thank you!

My thighs aren't 'chunky' but somehow I'm always the only girl getting chafed- and I'm usually the token twig! I'll have to try that stuff.

I get chafed walking around in denim shorts for too long. :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my chunky thighs thank you!

I love that stuff when I'm riding my horse for long periods of time, but I find that I need something more slippery under skirts in the summer. I use a lubricant cream designed for that. I think it's made by Monistat.

I always thought that when my thighs chafed, it was my oddly thick (for my size- seriously, I'm 100lbs) thighs being my thighs. I didn't know there was a way around that except to put bandages over the chafed spots, which helped until I started to sweat and the adhesive wore off. What always pissed me off about it was that despite easily being the skinniest girl of the group, I'd be the only girl to suffer chafed thighs. >:C

The Duggar girls look rather sweet, I think. As others have said, it would just be seeing them en masse that would look strange.

I think I'm modest, but not doing it on purpose to be modest. I don't wear skirts or dresses really. I'm normally pretty well covered up. Right now I'm looking at myself and I have a pair of men's shorts on, German army boots, an International Brigade (Spanish Civil War) Tshirt and it got a bit chilly here so I'm wearing a suit jacket which was lying about on my floor. Couldn't tell you about underwear, it's definitely on though.

I know fundies think trousers are evil but I would defy anyone to see me as the epitome of rampant sex. :lol: Don't wear a headcovering, do shave my head. (Which reminds me, it kinda needs it right now.)

People like clibbyjo who have fashion sense, I really admire. I love looking at fashion blogs. This skill just totally bypassed me so it's like seeing an athlete or someone doing something cool, it's like "Wow. I could never do that. But great that people can." If people want to look modest, this is nice for them, and if they don't, also nice for them. It's best for society if people are relaxed about that.

Next time I go travelling, I'm going to bring more revealing clothing! Three weeks ago I guess I was dressed "modestly" wearing a polo shirt (because it had built in UV protection) and shorts that are too long for my 5 foot frame. The shorts are the length of what my mom calls pedal pushers on me. But my tank top wearing, short short wearing friends and I were waiting for our train in Zurich, Switzerland when a fundie woman came up to me, and me alone and started to preach at me and handing me pamphlets. She would not leave me alone.

I am dressing like a skank from now on. Though i didn't burn while we were hiking up the mountain and back and my friends all looked like lobsters but it wasn't worth the sermon.

I teach my girls to dress modestly because the current standard is to have girls who are still children, that is, powerless, copy the styles of adult women who are trying to look sexy in order to sell something.

Don't mistake what some crappy parents allow for what is the "current standard".

Anyway, I don't know if I agree with the whole "modesty is not drawing attention to yourself" definition. Some people cannot help but to dress in ways that draw attention. Someone above me mentioned they have scars from self-mutilation. Along the same lines, I break out in a rash when exposed to sunlight. I just spent the last week of 95+ degree weather going out in jean pants and long-sleeve (though with thin fabric) shirts. You can bet I got some looks with that.

I love that stuff when I'm riding my horse for long periods of time, but I find that I need something more slippery under skirts in the summer. I use a lubricant cream designed for that. I think it's made by Monistat.

I use that Monistat stuff, as it's the only way I can wear skirts. Most of the time, I prefer pants or shorts, and I also wear a cami under a V-necked top because those show too much cleavage for me without one. Other than that, in the summer, I wear tank tops when I don't have to work or go someplace nice for dinner. Even then, I'm "Nike" to some fundies as when I wear a skirt or dress, it's only knee length at the longest.

Archived