IGNORED

Mary-Elizabeth Arndt & her new handbag

0 kids n not countin

I won't rag on the bag: I've seen some people with tastes far stranger than that.

My grandmother - she's overweight and elderly - still goes out in a leopard-print unitard and heels. I absolutely cannot go shopping with the woman because she – and she really is completely oblivious to it – will ask me whether or not a certain item fits. When I say, “No,†indicating the thing is way too damned small, she'll bust out with, “Yeah, it is a little big,†and grab something even smaller.

And it's not senility either. She has always been like that.

Wizzy's bag, clothes, and nickname are tame :)

If that girl likes the bag, all the power to her.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know that she hasn't hit puberty. My mother has never had hips or boobs, gain weight, loose weight, she is a board. Breastfeeding I think that she was a C cup, maybe. Some people are just built that way. I was an A cup until I got pregnant at 21, then my boobs got really big and never went back down.

Is there a picture of Mama Arndt when she was married? She may have had a similar body type as Wizzy (?!), and then grew more prominent bewbs when the babies started coming along.

Aside from the above mentioned curves, her body shape is very similar to her mother's.

:o Actually someday you'll appreciate looking younger. I used to get carded all the time when my DH and I were buying alcohol even though he was 2 years younger, and I don't drink. I always looked younger too. I still do. Most people guess me to be around 50. I'm 67.

I'm short, but built like Rachael Ray (classic pear), got my period before my 11th birthday, but have always looked much younger than my age; I worked at a bank when I was 18 and customers questioned whether I was able to legally work there. I'm now 49 and got carded a few months ago. Yay me. :dance:

I'm short, but built like Rachael Ray (classic pear), got my period before my 11th birthday, but have always looked much younger than my age; I worked at a bank when I was 18 and customers questioned whether I was able to legally work there. I'm now 49 and got carded a few months ago. Yay me. :dance:

:dance: Cool! I am 32 and recently got asked for ID to buy smokes, I was stoked.

Just popping in to agree with pps, looking young doesn't necessarily mean that she hasn't hit puberty / is undernourished / has stunted growth. I think it just goes how it goes.

I looked the same at her age, and I'd had fully functional girl bits for half a decade. I still get assumed to be in my early twenties most of the time, which is wrong by a decade, and that's with Peasant Stock Birthing Hips that would send all the fundie boys looking for fixer houses.

Meanwhile, my bestie had Huge Tracts of Land in the fourth or fifth grade, and people used to assume she was older and say horrible things to her. It was awful. Damned if I know where she got it from either, her mother looked like Olive Oyl.

Development is varied and complicated and all sorts of bodies are perfectly okay.

I hope I can keep looking young like many of you as I put my teen years further behind me. When I flew last year (aged 19), the woman at the check-in counter asked, "Sweetie, are you flying unaccompanied today?" She then looked chagrined when, upon her request for my ID, I handed her my driver's license. :D

Is there a picture of Mama Arndt when she was married? She may have had a similar body type as Wizzy (?!), and then grew more prominent bewbs when the babies started coming along.

Aside from the above mentioned curves, her body shape is very similar to her mother's.

There is a wedding picture, but you have to be a member of the website in order to see the older pics. Anyone a member?

If you go back far enough in Internet Archive, they posted old pictures without charging *ahem* $10 per month to view someone else's old family photos.

This is one of the most perplexing families to me. 14 kids, the majority of which are now adults, and not one has rebelled and left? There's not one black sheep to get the ball rolling?

I hope I can keep looking young like many of you as I put my teen years further behind me. When I flew last year (aged 19), the woman at the check-in counter asked, "Sweetie, are you flying unaccompanied today?" She then looked chagrined when, upon her request for my ID, I handed her my driver's license. :D

I just can't wait for when I start to appreciate it. 3 years ago (at 30), I was asked if I was part of the museum's program for middle school students.

This is one of the most perplexing families to me. 14 kids, the majority of which are now adults, and not one has rebelled and left? There's not one black sheep to get the ball rolling?

To me they are weirdest of them all. And the fact that they dress normally, have a TV, play sports and the older ones are out in the world meeting regular people on a regular basis just adds to the strangeness of it all. 20 and 30 something year old men living at home and still playing with stuffed animals. There are no words.

And the mother. I have to confess I have some admiration for her ability to run that household. 14 kids and she looks like she was never pregnant, she homeschooled them all on her own, and without anything remotely close to a J'Slave to help she cooks and cleans a house that always looks in order. She would put a team of Stepford Wives to shame.

It's completely baffling and makes me wonder if Daddy Arndt has some serious brainwashing skills. Keeping that many grown men completely away from women (or men, for the one or two that may be gay) is a next-to-impossible thing to do. And so far, he's done it with nary a rebel in sight.

To me they are weirdest of them all. And the fact that they dress normally, have a TV, play sports and the older ones are out in the world meeting regular people on a regular basis just adds to the strangeness of it all. 20 and 30 something year old men living at home and still playing with stuffed animals. There are no words.

And the mother. I have to confess I have some admiration for her ability to run that household. 14 kids and she looks like she was never pregnant, she homeschooled them all on her own, and without anything remotely close to a J'Slave to help she cooks and cleans a house that always looks in order. She would put a team of Stepford Wives to shame.

It's completely baffling and makes me wonder if Daddy Arndt has some serious brainwashing skills. Keeping that many grown men completely away from women (or men, for the one or two that may be gay) is a next-to-impossible thing to do. And so far, he's done it with nary a rebel in sight.

I'm thinking it's Mama Arndt who's the chief wack job in this family, and that she's the one keeping the boys at home.

Rookie question: Where are the stuffed animals mentioned? I did a cursory search of the Arndts' site and also tried going through the Google backdoor, but I'm not finding anything and don't know which section to look in. I'm still learning my fundies but just wanna cut to the freakshow. :dance:

Rookie question: Where are the stuffed animals mentioned? I did a cursory search of the Arndts' site and also tried going through the Google backdoor, but I'm not finding anything and don't know which section to look in. I'm still learning my fundies but just wanna cut to the freakshow. :dance:

They have a youtube page under the name famteam. I can't imagine anyone could sit through them all because they have incredibly boring lives, but you can check out Peter's birthday party and Outer Banks pranks for a taste.

Haven't read all four pages of comments, but I could have passed for ten when I was 15. No breast development until 15 and I didn't reach puberty until sixteen and a half. I didn't dress like a ten-year-old, though.

They have a youtube page under the name famteam. I can't imagine anyone could sit through them all because they have incredibly boring lives, but you can check out Peter's birthday party and Outer Banks pranks for a taste.

Ah, thank you. And holy crap, these might well be the most cluelessly whitebread people I've ever seen. ("This is just like an Archie comic!" "OMFG, we're driving twenty or thirty feet away from the ocean and it's blowing my fucking mind!") Eesh. They truly left nothing on the cutting-room floor for these. I actually will give the older boys a pass on the stuffed animals since it's really their younger brothers' stuffed animals and they're just playing along, at least in those two episodes, but then to see a 10-year-old acting distinctly more like a 5-year-old...that I found creepy as hell. :shock:

[ I actually will give the older boys a pass on the stuffed animals since it's really their younger brothers' stuffed animals and they're just playing along, at least in those two episodes, but then to see a 10-year-old acting distinctly more like a 5-year-old...that I found creepy as hell. :shock:

The big "boys" play with them too. Start at around 12:15.

Right, but in the context of a dorky family skit, which I don't find as worrisome as I would the older brothers playing with stuffed animals on their own, which is what I imagined. I can see they're plenty infantilized in their own right, but since I was expecting worse, this is...less creepy than it could've been, is what I mean.

Edited for clarity.

Archived