IGNORED

More Craziness in the Haredi World

Ralar

For those who already wear glasses, the company has designed stickers that can be affixed to the existing pair of glasses which will obscure the vision.

For those who already wear glasses, they could just not wear them- problem solved!

For those who already wear glasses, they could just not wear them- problem solved!

This is actually is something that some chareidi men do when outside.

I find it bizarre that this is a product. Go to the drugstore, buy some cheap reading glasses, rub on some vaseline and presto! You're guarding your eyes!

Am I bad for instantly thinking of them walking into women due to those crappy glasses? Super Fail: Wear obscuring glasses to avoid looking at women, walk into women instead. rofl

Darwin's law comes into mind....(I would hate for anyone to get run over wearing the glasses though)

This is really dumb and seriously - if you have to wear blurry glasses so as not to be ZOMGtempted by some random lady, then you're tempted really easily and you clearly don't exactly have a lot of self-control.

On the other hand, at the very least this is a case of the men involved actually taking steps THEMSELVES to avoid seeing, say, a woman's bare arms, instead of making women responsible for not tempting the weak menz with their bodies and making them cover up.

On the other hand, at the very least this is a case of the men involved actually taking steps THEMSELVES to avoid seeing, say, a woman's bare arms, instead of making women responsible for not tempting the weak menz with their bodies and making them cover up.

Absolutely. Plus I'm damaged enough to think that watching Charedi guys bumbling into random items of street furniture would be hilarious.

This is really dumb and seriously - if you have to wear blurry glasses so as not to be ZOMGtempted by some random lady, then you're tempted really easily and you clearly don't exactly have a lot of self-control.

I suspect some of this is about fashion - namely that the men want to show off to other MEN just how pious they are. "Look at me, I'm so pious I wear blurry glasses."

"Look at me, I'm so pious I wear blurry glasses."

Give me hipsters any day. :roll:

Give me hipsters any day. :roll:

LOL, Haredi Hipsters!!!

Despite their high birthrate I've heard that the actual number of people identifying as Haredi has dropped significantly. I suspect being batsh*t crazy is a difficult life choice and many of their young people run away when they get old enough to. They are crazy enough to reject the kids of theirs who join the Israeli military (military services means nearly free college and other perks). A lot of the kids rather have real jobs and a freer life. They might still be observant when they leave, but not totally batsh*t. I've heard that the military has programs for assimilating them into normal life and to bring them up to the basic literacy levels etc... their educational quality is close to SOTDRT quality.

Absolutely. Plus I'm damaged enough to think that watching Charedi guys bumbling into random items of street furniture would be hilarious.

LOL, I know. At least they're basically punishing themselves for being crazy zealots, not anyone else. Funny Youtube videos ahead.

I loved The Forward's response to this. ("It can only be a matter of time before a man stumbles into a woman. And this, of course, would lead to mixed dancing. We can only hope." or something like that lol)

I loved The Forward's response to this. ("It can only be a matter of time before a man stumbles into a woman. And this, of course, would lead to mixed dancing. We can only hope." or something like that lol)

OH GOD. NOT MIXED DANCING.

Archived