IGNORED

Sarah at heartsdesire

BelieveinScience

I just caught up on the last couple of her posts.

She gave her youngest daughter some of her (Sarahs) medication when she was wheezing. Isn't that wrong to do? And then took meg to a doctor but not worry the doctor was "inexperienced" so sarah only followed what she deemed was necessary and proper for meg. Ofcourse she would know more than a doctor!

She's also writing tracts to save the ebil Catholics because they don't believe in Christ. Poor thing has been burdened to do this.

I just caught up on the last couple of her posts.

She gave her youngest daughter some of her (Sarahs) medication when she was wheezing. Isn't that wrong to do? And then took meg to a doctor but not worry the doctor was "inexperienced" so sarah only followed what she deemed was necessary and proper for meg. Ofcourse she would know more than a doctor!

She's also writing tracts to save the ebil Catholics because they don't believe in Christ. Poor thing has been burdened to do this.

Poor thing. So insecure in her own beliefs that she makes shit up about others - others who believe the same as she does but practice differently - just so she can feel superior and special.

The life of a scared fundie. It's entertaining for those of on the outside, at least.

Catholics don't believe in Christ? Man, Catholic school lied to me for nearly two decades then! Those crazy nuns seemed to think they were actually married to the guy, but I guess it must have been someone else they were thinking of.

Sharing meds is never ever ever a good idea. Poor kid.

I just read a couple more of her posts. The public schools system there is apparently trying to be gender neutral. And sarah is having a fit about the pervertedness of it all.

Damn having a job gets in the way of me keeping up with the fundies!

Catholics don't believe in Christ? Um, who was that guy I saw nailed to cross the last time I was in a Catholic church? People who think other Christian religions don't believe in Christ/aren't Christian make me see red.

So do morons who think they know more than doctors and jeopardize the health of others, especially children, who are dependent on them for care and to make intelligent decisions about that care.

I was reading that last night and thought about making a thread. The dumbest part of it for me was the fact that her baby has been suffering asthma-like symptoms for 2 weeks, and she just decided to take her to the doctor. Even better, she decided this on Friday night, but did not consider a baby struggling to breathe to be enough of an emergency to call the doctor on a weekend or take her to an ER or urgent care. Sarah has asthma herself, so she knows how miserable it is when you are coughing and wheezing and can't draw breath.

Also, Sarah giving the kid her medication was not the best idea. I mean, it's just an inhaler, so it's not the worst thing ever, but I probably wouldn't have done it except in a true emergency. IMO, being too cheap/lazy to take your kid to the doctor on the weekend doesn't really qualify. There are side effects and possible allergies to albuterol, and medication dosed for an adult is rarely the same as what would be prescribed to an infant.

Her reaction to the doctor was great too :roll: She thinks this doctor is inexperienced, but likes her better than their regular doctor because new doc didn't give them crap about vaccinations. "Needless to say", they also refused to get the second medication filled for their kid (eye-roll!!). I can understand them being hesitant about the steroids, but the point of that medicine is to improve lung function to the point that Meg could hopefully go without the inhaler altogether. But it's cool, because Sarah, in her infinite wisdom, has already diagnosed the baby's condition as a seasonal, allergy related thing, even though she's only 1 year old. She's also decided that it's mild enough to use a "natural" remedy in the future, and loves the stuff she's found on Mercola :doh: Somehow it doesn't surprise me that she'd love that site, considering that she also teaches her kids using materials produced by incarcerated criminal and perennial idiot Kent Hovind.

The stupidity of fundies regarding their children's health never fails to amaze me.

I'm someone who's a bit nuts about "NEVER GIVE ANYONE ELSE YOUR PRESCRIPTION, EVER." An inhaler is probably not as harmful as other medications, but that still isn't a good idea. Get the kid to a doctor who can give the baby her own meds. As for the steroids? There's a reason they're being prescribed, and it's not so the "inexperienced" doctor can make more money.

Being a parent does not automatically make you a doctor. STFU and get your child's asthma treated.

I was reading that last night and thought about making a thread. The dumbest part of it for me was the fact that her baby has been suffering asthma-like symptoms for 2 weeks, and she just decided to take her to the doctor. Even better, she decided this on Friday night, but did not consider a baby struggling to breathe to be enough of an emergency to call the doctor on a weekend or take her to an ER or urgent care. Sarah has asthma herself, so she knows how miserable it is when you are coughing and wheezing and can't draw breath.

Also, Sarah giving the kid her medication was not the best idea. I mean, it's just an inhaler, so it's not the worst thing ever, but I probably wouldn't have done it except in a true emergency. IMO, being too cheap/lazy to take your kid to the doctor on the weekend doesn't really qualify. There are side effects and possible allergies to albuterol, and medication dosed for an adult is rarely the same as what would be prescribed to an infant.

Her reaction to the doctor was great too :roll: She thinks this doctor is inexperienced, but likes her better than their regular doctor because new doc didn't give them crap about vaccinations. "Needless to say", they also refused to get the second medication filled for their kid (eye-roll!!). I can understand them being hesitant about the steroids, but the point of that medicine is to improve lung function to the point that Meg could hopefully go without the inhaler altogether. But it's cool, because Sarah, in her infinite wisdom, has already diagnosed the baby's condition as a seasonal, allergy related thing, even though she's only 1 year old. She's also decided that it's mild enough to use a "natural" remedy in the future, and loves the stuff she's found on Mercola :doh: Somehow it doesn't surprise me that she'd love that site, considering that she also teaches her kids using materials produced by incarcerated criminal and perennial idiot Kent Hovind.

I really don't get the fundie attitude of "I love my kid but not enough to make sure I keep them healthy and take them to the doctor when they're sick". We had Zsu do it to Isaac??? and now Sarah with Meg. Poor kids.

And doesnt Ireland have socialized medicine so Sarah wouldn't even have to worry about the money aspect like Zsu did right?

I hate to say it, but one of these days Sarah, Zsu, or some other fundie is going to end up in a huge mess because of how they handle/neglect their kids' health issues.

There are times when my kid has been given a medication that I decide not to give him. For example: he fell and cut the lower part of his lipThe cut did not require stitches and it hadn't gone through his lip. Not bad enough to need stitches and the cut didn't go all the way through into his mouth. It was a pretty ugly cut. When his birth mother came to pick him. She freaked out and rushed him to ER. Overreacting just a bit. He came home with antibotics. For an infection he didn't have and for one the never was going to develop. There was no way that I was going to give him antibotics. Actually they are in the fridge for a time when they are actually needed.

I am not a doctor, nurse, medical anything but I come from a family of doctors, so I often ask them for advice about medications especially if I come home with a huge sack of them. Most of the time, they tell me the doctor gave me what I needed and I should take the damn medications.

Steroids often make people uneasy or nervous, but it is my understanding that doctors are pretty strict when it comes to prescribing steroids. In my experience, steroids are absolutely needed when a person is having trouble breathing for whatever reason. I also remember being given steroids after my second total shoulder replacement,but I can't remember why. It is my understanding, steriods are given for breathing problems b/c they work and are often part of the course of treatment for people with autoimmune diseases.

One thing of I've noticed about Sarah, and Zsu, and many of out other fundie mommies is that they seem to have quite large chips on their shoulders. It is very evident that they think they know more about anything and everything then anyone else and quite smuggly point that out as often as possible. Their arrogance is quite annoying. That being said, I have a little idea I want to run past you all.

Lately I've been hoping to put together a science tract, that would be informative and instructional for Fundies. I know many fundies and it is a burden on my heart to see how many are still being deceived in this day of the wonders of they world by their false belifs. I have collected together some points from various elementary science texts, that I think would be good to use. However if any of you know of any free, printable, tracts specifically for winning fundies to science, then I'd be so grateful if you would leave a comment below. My first one is going to be dedicated to ionizing vs non-ionizing radiation to help them get over their fear of microwave. Other suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

One thing of I've noticed about Sarah, and Zsu, and many of out other fundie mommies is that they seem to have quite large chips on their shoulders. It is very evident that they think they know more about anything and everything then anyone else and quite smuggly point that out as often as possible. Their arrogance is quite annoying. That being said, I have a little idea I want to run past you all.

Lately I've been hoping to put together a science tract, that would be informative and instructional for Fundies. I know many fundies and it is a burden on my heart to see how many are still being deceived in this day of the wonders of they world by their false belifs. I have collected together some points from various elementary science texts, that I think would be good to use. However if any of you know of any free, printable, tracts specifically for winning fundies to science, then I'd be so grateful if you would leave a comment below. My first one is going to be dedicated to ionizing vs non-ionizing radiation to help them get over their fear of microwave. Other suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

You might be my new hero. I'd like to order fifty tracts.

This is a new one for me. Okay, for starters Zsu sewed two bathing suits for this family? OMG, the Fundy world is indeed small (even if this family lives in Ireland!)

The older daughter has expressed a desire to wear jeans. She's 14, let the girl wear jeans. She's already home schooled alongside a four year old all day. Let her has SOMETHING normal in her life!

As for the steroids? There's a reason they're being prescribed

My friend was an international student. She moved away from her family for college and got out of the habit of refilling prescriptions for steroid inhalers. She got away with it for two years before she had a massive asthma attack and died en route to hospital. She was 19 years old. Chronic asthma needs to be controlled with steroids.

With that said, I despise Sarah. She is a typical Zsu fangirl - chronically stupid and makes up things that never happened deliberately to get a pat on the head.

I haven't read the blog, but as an asthmatic myself, prendesone (sp?) is a very common treatment for asthma. It sort of fools the lungs into thinking they are functioning normally, removing a great deal of stress from the patient. It's an anti-inflammatory, and inflammation is what causes an asthmatic to have difficulty breathing. I've been on them several times. They are a steroid, but not the same as the evil steroids we hear about athletes taking illegally. They do not have the same nasty side effects and you can even compete in sports while on them.

http://www.drugs.com/prednisone.html

Inhalers can be dangerous. I have shared my inhaler with other asthmatics, adults, on occasion, if they had the same prescription. Problem is, one of the main causes of death among asthmatics is overuse of the inhaler. You don't use something prescribed for an adult, or an older child, on an infant. That's just insane.

Man her whole post infuriates me for all the reasons already listed here!

And another point, the 'mask' that the inexperienced silly doctor recommended was probably a spacer. Using a spacer helps the medication get into the lungs more effectively - especially helpful for babies and small children who can't take deep breaths like adults can.

Grrrrr :evil:

There are times when my kid has been given a medication that I decide not to give him. For example: he fell and cut the lower part of his lipThe cut did not require stitches and it hadn't gone through his lip. Not bad enough to need stitches and the cut didn't go all the way through into his mouth. It was a pretty ugly cut. When his birth mother came to pick him. She freaked out and rushed him to ER. Overreacting just a bit. He came home with antibotics. For an infection he didn't have and for one the never was going to develop. There was no way that I was going to give him antibotics. Actually they are in the fridge for a time when they are actually needed.

I am not a doctor, nurse, medical anything but I come from a family of doctors, so I often ask them for advice about medications especially if I come home with a huge sack of them. Most of the time, they tell me the doctor gave me what I needed and I should take the damn medications.

Steroids often make people uneasy or nervous, but it is my understanding that doctors are pretty strict when it comes to prescribing steroids. In my experience, steroids are absolutely needed when a person is having trouble breathing for whatever reason. I also remember being given steroids after my second total shoulder replacement,but I can't remember why. It is my understanding, steriods are given for breathing problems b/c they work and are often part of the course of treatment for people with autoimmune diseases.

A lot of parents get all antsy because they equate steroids w pro wrestlers. The steroids used for Asthma are quite different. My mom's best friend wouldn't give her daughter a provental inhaler growing up because of the steroids, but yet let her have the emergency inhaler.

If you have to rely on an emergeny inhaler that means your asthma in not controlled. Constant asthma attacks can cause permanent damage to the lungs and eventually death. It is a shame.

If you have to rely on an emergeny inhaler that means your asthma in not controlled. Constant asthma attacks can cause permanent damage to the lungs and eventually death. It is a shame.

THIS.

She mentions giving Meg a puff from the emergency inhaler every day, which is not how it's supposed to be used. She's thrilled because it works great...well, no shit. Of course it works great to treat wheezing, it's supposed to be able to mitigate a full-blown asthma attack.

Man her whole post infuriates me for all the reasons already listed here!

And another point, the 'mask' that the inexperienced silly doctor recommended was probably a spacer. Using a spacer helps the medication get into the lungs more effectively - especially helpful for babies and small children who can't take deep breaths like adults can.

That too. When I first started taking medication for asthma I was prescribed a spacer, and I was in middle school at the time. Also, the evil corticosteroids worked so well on me as a child that, after using them for several months, I went off them and didn't have any asthma symptoms for almost 10 years. If Meg truly does have a mild case, a few rounds of steroids might help her "grow out" of the condition altogether, no magic beans or homeopathic BS required.

That terrifies me. I know it was a long time ago, but was Sarah vaccinated? I ask because my grandmother had an infant who had breathing issues. It was like 1960, I think, and the doctor thought it was asthma, but they found out it was a rare, terminal heart condition that doesn't seem to exist anymore because we vaccinate for mumps through an autopsy. Their almost 4 month old died suddenly. It's the thing that scares me about these anti vax people. My grandmother caught a mumps like infection early in her pregnancy, but much research has theorized that it's mumps in pregnancy that causes it (while the heart's developing). the vaccine came around and the condition disappeared. If a number of people stop vaccinating then there could be a recurrence of the condition. My grandmother lacked the option of a vaccine for it. It wasn't her fault, but if it happened with one of these anti vax women, it is probably their fault. They had the option. They refused it. They got sick. Like if I get the flu as a result of not getting the flu vaccine, it's my own fault if the vax prevented that strain.

Sorry for the rant, but you can't see your grandmother tear up hearing about the loss of another child and thinking of her own almost 50 years after hers passed away and not feel sickened at these morons. :evil:

And using someone else's medications is dangerous. Using an adult's medication on a child is beyond idiotic. What the hell is wrong with this woman! That could be a fatal!

Steroids are fairly common for lung issues that have not been addressed right away.

If you leave something relating to your lungs go, it will irritate the airways within them. When the airways get irritated, they will swell and become inflamed. When that happens, the problem is worsened, and it becomes harder to breathe. When you have to wheeze or struggle for breath (especially if it is also accompanied by coughing), you irritate the airways in your lungs, and the whole cycle begins again. The problem will continue to compound and really affect the body's ability to recover. Once you pass a certain point, the inflammation and irritation can become more of a serious problem than whatever caused them to begin with.

So naturally, the first thing a doctor will want to do when he/she sees a patient whose lungs are highly inflamed is STOP this cycle. Steroids will stop the inflammation and calm some of the irritation, making breathing easier for the patient and allowing the root cause of the issue to be addressed. Plus, lung steroids have a very low chance of side effects, and they usually assist the effectiveness of other inhaled medication.

This woman doesn't know proper animal medical care. WTF gives her the impression that she has even the faintest inkling on how to treat a human?!?

My mother once INSISTED on a certain medicine for me as a toddler because she was allergic to the alternative and she wanted us to share. LUCKILY it was only eye drops, because it turns out I have a very serious allergy to the medication she insisted on. If that had been something that went in my lungs, I would have died before anyone knew what was wrong.

Hey Ya'all

Sarah kindly thanks you for your unpublished comments. Have no fear, she was right about everything and this was confirmed by everyone, so bless your hearts!

THIS.

This this. Having symptoms every night means your asthma is very poorly controlled, even if your main symptom is a cough and you don't feel that bad. The frequency of symptoms are just as important as the unpleasantness. Asthmatics who react to seasonal allergies may need steroids during that season, that's not a really unusual thing. And after/during a course of steroids, your symptoms/need for the rescue inhaler decreases--so you can end up taking less medication overall if you actually treat asthma the way it's supposed to be treated.

But you know, most doctors think vaccinating is a good idea, and most public health experts think widely-distributed food should be pasteurized, and most biologists think evolution helped shape the species of the world today. But all their sciences are wrong and LALALALALALA!

I hope her doctor doesn't read her blog. You know, the one she refers to as "Dr. Dead-Slug."

I hope it doesn't take a tragedy to teach her how willfully ignorant she is.

It won't teach her a thing if her child is critically injured through her ignorance or dies. I know a few anti-vaxxers and others who don't trust doctors. They aren't fundy Xians (they might be characterized as Fundy Lite or 3 time a year Xians) but they show the same willful ignorance and when something bad happens to their kids they still manage to blame the doctors. One woman I worked with had un-vaccinated kids that participated in sports. One of the kids got badly injured during a game and was rushed to the hospital. They treated him and released him, but he had to go back for additional tests and treatment. Instead, she took him to the chiropractor and her kid ended up in pain for months. He wasn't in pain until he went to the fake doctor aka chiropractor but somehow it was the evil medical establishment and their evil drugs and x-rays that put the kid in pain.

It was also the doctors who "killed" her elderly father. He had contracted Hepatitis B (I think this is the one he had, I can't recall) during military service and was a regular drinker against doctor's orders for decades. He wasn't technically an alcoholic but he already had liver and kidney issues as a young man and his family history indicated that it was a family trait. He didn't watch what he ate etc.... So when his liver failed and he was too sick to get a transplant she automatically blamed it on the doctors treating him. She claims that if the evil doctors had let a chiropractor treat him instead he would have lived but they wouldn't let him out of the hospital for "real" treatment.

People with this mindset will never learn.

Archived