IGNORED

Happy Birthday Mark Arndt & bets on how he'll spend his day

0 kids n not countin

No posts up on their website yet but 7/29 is Marc Arndt's birthday. Any wagers on how he'll spend his day and which restaurant mommy and daddy will take him to to celebrate? I believe he'll be 29, thus next year there will be 3 Arndt boys 30+ years of age, any chance there will be a marriage next year?? One can hope, though I'm pretty sure they'll all still be living at home with mommy and daddy. :roll:

What is it with this family? There are really a lot of examples for unmarried fundie-daughters, mostly because their daddys cannot live with the thought of their baby girls having sex, but the Arndt's are keeping their BOYS at home. Aren't they supposed to be manly man fighting teh gayz and making one arrow after another? Keeping them like little kids at home is the total opposite of the QF-lifestyl/culture, isn't it?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it will be totally boring and something an 8 year old will enjoy. This family of overgrown boys, I don't even think they are quite man-children, Squick me out. It is just disturbing how immature and off they are, every one of them. Yuck! I don't find man-babies the least bit attractive.

Riffle

Let's remember the birthday celebrations take place in Mom and Dads bedroom. Golly I bet he gets a new stuffed animal for his birthday.

In Mom and Dad's bedroom?!?! WTF?

There will be a cake decorated with a picture of balloons floating in a cheery sunny sky, and a row of stuffed animals, each holding up a letter, spelling "Happy Birthday Mark!" Cards will be shared and they'll go outside to throw a football around. The post will end with a picture of another stuffed animal and the caption "Ziggy is so happy to share her birthday with Mark!"

It's almost as if they turned their boys into male SAHDs because they had no daughters to force the lifestyle upon, at least not until the lone one came along way down the line. They are even more infantile than the Seven Sisters.

This family with their stuffed animals and sing song voices don't just creep me out, they actually frighten me, in a horror movie kind of way. :character-jason:

It's almost as if they turned their boys into male SAHDs because they had no daughters to force the lifestyle upon, at least not until the lone one came along way down the line. They are even more infantile than the Seven Sisters.

This family with their stuffed animals and sing song voices don't just creep me out, they actually frighten me, in a horror movie kind of way. :character-jason:

I wish we had a like button. I wish Criminal Minds would do an episode about this family and what goes on in their fictional basement. I would be too scared to watch though, but I would force myself.

What is it with this family? There are really a lot of examples for unmarried fundie-daughters, mostly because their daddys cannot live with the thought of their baby girls having sex, but the Arndt's are keeping their BOYS at home. Aren't they supposed to be manly man fighting teh gayz and making one arrow after another? Keeping them like little kids at home is the total opposite of the QF-lifestyl/culture, isn't it?

Sadly I think of all the older boys, Mark seems the most desperate to be married (just read his multiple articles on the FamTeam site under the "Waiting For God's Best" section) and because of his upbringing and, let's face it, the Alopeca thing... he will likely be single forever.

So enjoy your B-Day Mark! Before you know it, the next one will be here and your life will look exactly the same.

Sadly I think of all the older boys, Mark seems the most desperate to be married (just read his multiple articles on the FamTeam site under the "Waiting For God's Best" section) and because of his upbringing and, let's face it, the Alopeca thing... he will likely be single forever.

So enjoy your B-Day Mark! Before you know it, the next one will be here and your life will look exactly the same.

Mark seems to be the only one really interested in getting married. The others appear to be too interested in each other to care either way. :scared-yipes:

His comments about possibly stealing the heart of one of his bride-to-be customers are sad and creepy in equal parts.

Mark seems to be the only one really interested in getting married. The others appear to be too interested in each other to care either way. :scared-yipes:

His comments about possibly stealing the heart of one of his bride-to-be customers are sad and creepy in equal parts.

OK if he is 29 and wanting to get married, we really need to introduce him to Sarah Maxwell.

OK if he is 29 and wanting to get married, we really need to introduce him to Sarah Maxwell.

I'm not sure she'd be able to deal. The poor guy is a bit alien looking due to what appears to be a severe case of alopecia (he was completely bald even as a young child) and I don't know how she'd handle Mommy-in-law's short shorts or having so many brothers-in-law wearing defrauding clothes.

I just caught some of Peter's bizarre birthday party from a couple of years ago, so I now get the comment about the parents' bedroom. Not only do they have their birthday celebrations in the room, his cake was actually served to him on his parents' bed with him on it. Considering that they have a perfectly good dining table, I'm thinking it's some creepy symbolism regarding his conception.

I've never spent much time on the arndt's website, but I just checked out Mark's section. He's kind of cute. I would totally defraud him.

I've never spent much time on the arndt's website, but I just checked out Mark's section. He's kind of cute. I would totally defraud him.

Ew, really? It's not just the lack of head hair that's disturbing, it's the lack of eyebrows. And I find his voice creepy & nasal, as well. Listening to him consider breaking up one of the wedding he photographs, in that voice, just yuk.

Ew, really? It's not just the lack of head hair that's disturbing, it's the lack of eyebrows. And I find his voice creepy & nasal, as well. Listening to him consider breaking up one of the wedding he photographs, in that voice, just yuk.

Oh, I just watched that part, kind of weird. I think he is just super awkward and has a dorky sense of humor.

They are a different family--even for this board. All those "manly men" living at home--SAHSs but they do play baseball and do a tv show of sorts. Odd. I don't imagine Steve would let one of those guys near Sarah--way, way too liberal. Don't they wear shorts?

As to the birthday---childish and boring to be sure! Yummy ice cream and yummy cake kind of deal.

Just in terms of looks, I don't think he looks bad or creepy at all. Alopecia isn't his fault, and really, aside from the lack of hair he looks completely normal to me.

Well, based on other birthday episodes of the Arndts riveting television adventure series, Mark would have been expected to perform an original birthday song the night before his big day. Then on his birthday, he would open his presents (new ball and glove! Nerf gun!) and eat birthday cake in Mom and Dad's bedroom. That would be followed by a dinner outing to the local Chili's with Mom, Dad, and one or two of his most favorite brother-friends. They'd even get to drink some sody-pop!

Just in terms of looks, I don't think he looks bad or creepy at all. Alopecia isn't his fault, and really, aside from the lack of hair he looks completely normal to me.

Alopecia is definitely not his fault, but I can't help wondering... isn't there some sort of treatment for it?? You would just think that if he was that serious about finding someone he might at least consider it. I mean let's face it... these fundies don't just look at someone they would consider marrying the way we all do. They look at them as potential breeders. I would think some of these girls would see Mark and his baldness and worry that any kids they had with him (especially girls) would face the same fate. Sad but true.

Anyway, I do sort of feel bad for the guy. He and his brothers CLEARLY are going to have a hard time meeting anyone willing to marry into their particular form of crazy, but unfortunately Mark might have an even harder time.

Alopecia is definitely not his fault, but I can't help wondering... isn't there some sort of treatment for it?? You would just think that if he was that serious about finding someone he might at least consider it. I mean let's face it... these fundies don't just look at someone they would consider marrying the way we all do. They look at them as potential breeders. I would think some of these girls would see Mark and his baldness and worry that any kids they had with him (especially girls) would face the same fate. Sad but true.

Anyway, I do sort of feel bad for the guy. He and his brothers CLEARLY are going to have a hard time meeting anyone willing to marry into their particular form of crazy, but unfortunately Mark might have an even harder time.

From the research I have done, there isn't any really effective treatment for it. So even if he tried everything available, it's highly likely that that didn't work and never did. So really, it's almost certainly something he can do nothing about, especially judging by its severity, so it's unfair to judge him for it. And even if the treatments for it did work...He would still pass on the gene to any future children, so the same issue would exist. If that is the case, nothing will help that, and that sucks for him. Mark seems the one who wants least to be a stay at home son so I wish him the best.

Archived