IGNORED

On Courtney's Facebook page...

0 kids n not countin

I don't get it. What is she promoting? Courtship?

I don't get it. What is she promoting? Courtship?

I read it as anti-gay. Ya'know, gay relations being "unnatural".

I guess that would make sense (in fundieland, I mean). All I think when I see this pic is that marriage of any kind isn't "natural" in the way that lemons or childbirth are (ie: naturally occuring in nature).

I can't tell whether it's anti-gay or anti birth control. Fail.

I can't tell whether it's anti-gay or anti birth control. Fail.

Probably both. She is the one going to be a missionary to Catholics, right?

Oh. Huh. For a second I thought this was snark ON courtship. You know, because it's not natural to have a dude you barely know "win" you from your daddy instead of obeying more natural laws like attraction.

Yeah, whatever she's trying to say she is failing at it.

That was my assumption too, just because of all the recent anti-gay crap on facebook.

Still doesn't make sense though, considering marriage is pretty unnatural. I thought it was pretty much established that most people are naturally polyamorous to some degree and also that bisexuality and homosexuality are also really common in nature.

Either way, I'm pretty sure marriage as it is now is the result of social control and tampering by the church and government than representative of anything in nature.

This fails on the acount that no one is trying to stop you from having a 'natural' marriage, they are just allowing same-sex couples to join in.

Hertosexists and logic do nto go together

That was my assumption too, just because of all the recent anti-gay crap on facebook.

Still doesn't make sense though, considering marriage is pretty unnatural. I thought it was pretty much established that most people are naturally polyamorous to some degree and also that bisexuality and homosexuality are also really common in nature.

Either way, I'm pretty sure marriage as it is now is the result of social control and tampering by the church and government than representative of anything in nature.

I read it as anti-gay marriage. Which is stupid because you can find many other examples in animals where there are same-sex companionship. Just like lemons, and childbirth they have existed for ever. But well I'm not expecting her to understand much.

I didn't even think of anti-gay. I immediately thought it meant no birth control. Birth control pills are not "natural" and change the normal reproductive cycle. Pretty much any form of birth control is not "natural" and is intended to prevent the normal occurance of pregnancy. I'd bet that is what she means.

Archived