IGNORED

Little Mosque on the Prairie

Witsec7

Have any of our Canadian FJs watched this series? I just discovered it on Hulu and I'm enjoying the first season. No need to worry about spoilers since I read about it before viewing it. I'm enjoying it for it's human comedy. It's really well written. I'm going to view through the entire series.

YES :)

I was upset when it ended but my mate joked with me about being glad I wouldn't be watching "that Mohammed show" anymore. The last episode was kinda a let down, but I'm hopeful that there might be a mini-movie someday (I don't want to give anything away for those who are new to the series, but the ending has an open plot)

I haven't gotten to Thorne yet, I'm almost done with season two.

I had read that an American production co./network picked up the rights and were set to make a US version. I don't if they could top Mosque. The acting and scripts are just great. And frankly Carlo Rota is hawt. :lol:

I've seen it (all of it!). It's not great television by any means, but it's pretty cute.

It's mindless entertainment, with a different culture. Sometimes when I watch tv I don't want to engage my brain.

And frankly Carlo Rota is hawt. :lol:

Is that the actor who plays the Imam? If so YESSSS he is! :mrgreen: Ryann is also very beautiful.

This is Carlo Rota. I could never get enough of him when he started acting so he's another reason why I'm watching an hour of Little Mosque every night. There's not that much eye candy out for us elders.

e7377286fc32993251a07f081877cd82.jpg

I'm weirdly obsessed with this show. I only found it a couple months ago and I watched all of it except the last two episodes (hadn't aired yet at the time) in two weeks. Talk about weird having to wait two weeks to see two episodes after watching almost all 6 seasons in the previous two :P .

Anyways, now I own the DVDs of the first five seasons and all of my friends have been subjected to it.

Riffle

I'm up to season 3 and enjoying it more than the others since there is a bit more tension between the characters, and perhaps because I read the spoilers. I think one of the reasons I enjoy it is because the majority of the characters are not white anglo saxon protestants.

This is Carlo Rota. I could never get enough of him when he started acting so he's another reason why I'm watching an hour of Little Mosque every night. There's not that much eye candy out for us elders.

e7377286fc32993251a07f081877cd82.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh. Very nice.

it is a fun show I havn't seen much of it but if you like it you might want to check out corner gas too it is also a bit of mindless comedy

it is a fun show I havn't seen much of it but if you like it you might want to check out corner gas too it is also a bit of mindless comedy

Corner Gas is next. I'm up to season 4 which I may start tonight. I haven't had a dose of Carlo in a couple of days. I know I'll cry when he leaves :lol:

I wouldn't say LMOTP is completely mindless because it is kind of trying to educate people about Islam in a light way. Corner Gas is more pointless, though still enjoyable. Though keep in mind the creator of Little Mosque intentionally created her characters as types. So it's supposed to be flat. Though in my opinion most comedies are. She also did a documentary called Me and the Mosque about how women were treated as mosques. I was going to post a link but apparently google video is not a thing anymore.

Being Erica is also great if you can handle Canadian shows lol.

Thanks, nomoxian! I haven't seen that documentary, but I watched LMOTP faithfully to its conclusion. I don't think Carlo Rota is in the last two seasons (except for the very last episode of season five). Probably due to scheduling conflicts. I waited five whole seasons for that episode! :lol:

ETA: I find Zaib Shaikh (Amaar) attractive.

I need to visit this sub-forum more often! I loove little mosque... I found it on youtube a while ago (like a couple years maybe? They were on season 2 when I found the youtube videos) and fell in love. The show is hilarious in it's own way and now that it's on youtube, I am enjoying it nearly every day. Sadly I've hit the end of the season they have up right now, and unless they put more up today, I'm without that entertainment for a bit until more get up.

Anyway, absolutely love it!

Yup! I watched it when it started airing. I loved it! The show was filmed in the hometown of my BFF and my hometown! I thought it was an absolutely brilliant show. The only thing that freaked me was seeing Sitara Hewitt as a hijabi. She used to be a host on a game show called You Best Your Ass that had rounds such as 'Up Your Ass' and 'Piece of Ass', and where she wore as little as possible.

The actors who play Yasser, Sarah, and Rev. McGee are all well known and visible Canadian actors who show up in just about everything. LMotP is probably one of the best sitcoms ever to come out of Canada along with Corner Gas, Twitch City, and Red Green.

Corner Gas is next. I'm up to season 4 which I may start tonight. I haven't had a dose of Carlo in a couple of days. I know I'll cry when he leaves :lol:

Corner Gas is amazing (if you like Brent Butt, check out his stand-up comedy). I imagine some of the humour will be lost if you aren't Canadian (and probably the episode where they put together a band will be lost on non-Canadians as well) but it is still awesome.

Archived