IGNORED

"Components of Satan's spiritual structure"

sippin0nsunshine

I'm about 75% sure you got that from my Tumblr. At least, someone with your username reblobbed it from me...

ETA: And I still don't know what "remote viewing" is.

yeah I did. :) I saw you reblog it and couldn't not post it. Didn't know it had been posted here before.

What does "remote viewing" mean? Seriously.

And you'd have to take my Rock & Roll music and Harry Potter/LOTR books out of my place by first coming into contact with my boning knife.

ETA sorry, I missed the uh, 3 different times people defined remote viewing. :whistle:

Well, that list was full of fuck. As another poster already pointed out, Marijuana and Shrooms are of the devil but meth doesn't even make the list?

Vegetarianism? You mean, such as that which existed before the fall and human expulsion from Eden?

Meditation?

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.†-- Psalm 1:1-3

Lycanthopy? LOL. It doesn't exist – so good luck in trying to get involved with that.

Video games? All of them? Spelling games? Bible memory games?

LOTR, Harry Potter, and Twilight – all complete and utter fiction. Cyberpunk, Rock Music, Heavy Metal? What is this – backwoods 1950s?

You'd think with all the war and starvation out there than the devil could find better toe-holds than some trashy vampire novels and various sorts of music.

Here's a better list.

Dearly beloved, do not take part in any of these components of Satan's Spiritual Structure:

*** Neither take part in nor permit, so far is it's possible for you to stop, the mistreatment of other human beings. (This includes anything from school-yard bullying to unlawful imprisonment.)

***Neither take part in nor permit, so far is it's possible for you to stop, animal cruelty.

***Do not seek after or covet ill-gotten gain – and this especially includes if such gain is got at the expense of fellow laborers.

***Stay well clear of anything that glorifies war if such material does not also depict the realistic consequences.

***One of the oldest rules of the Old Testament: Do not eat animals alive.

***“I was just following orders,†is not a sufficient excuse to brutalize others – so stay the hell away from any person or institution that would tell you otherwise.

***Read whatever you want. Watch whatever you want. Eat more or less whatever you want. Just be sure to spread the wealth, that others less fortunate than yourself may also enjoy a measure of the good life.

***And finally, if you see a list that tells you to avoid things that don't actually exists, such as lycanthopy (whaaaaaaat?), just ignore it; it was obviously written by someone who likes majoring in the minors – and that's a charitable explanation for his inability to tell real evil from the fictional kind.

Well, that list was full of fuck. As another poster already pointed out, Marijuana and Shrooms are of the devil but meth doesn't even make the list?

Vegetarianism? You mean, such as that which existed before the fall and human expulsion from Eden?

Meditation?

Lycanthopy? LOL. It doesn't exist – so good luck in trying to get involved with that.

Video games? All of them? Spelling games? Bible memory games?

LOTR, Harry Potter, and Twilight – all complete and utter fiction. Cyberpunk, Rock Music, Heavy Metal? What is this – backwoods 1950s?

You'd think with all the war and starvation out there than the devil could find better toe-holds than some trashy vampire novels and various sorts of music.

Here's a better list.

Dearly beloved, do not take part in any of these components of Satan's Spiritual Structure:

*** Neither take part in nor permit, so far is it's possible for you to stop, the mistreatment of other human beings. (This includes anything from school-yard bullying to unlawful imprisonment.)

***Neither take part in nor permit, so far is it's possible for you to stop, animal cruelty.

***Do not seek after or covet ill-gotten gain – and this especially includes if such gain is got at the expense of fellow laborers.

***Stay well clear of anything that glorifies war if such material does not also depict the realistic consequences.

***“I was just following orders,†is not a sufficient excuse to brutalize others – so stay the hell away from any person or institution that would tell you otherwise.

***Read whatever you want. Watch whatever you want. Eat more or less whatever you want. Just be sure to spread the wealth, that others less fortunate than yourself may also enjoy a measure of the good life.

***And finally, if you see a list that tells you to avoid things that don't actually exists, such as lycanthopy (whaaaaaaat?), just ignore it; it was obviously written by someone who likes majoring in the minors – and that's a charitable explanation for his inability to tell real evil from the fictional kind.

Burris, I am going to print this out and post it on my fridge. Hopefully, the next time my fundie relatives visit, they'll get an eyefull of common sense. Lovely post.

I always thought prayer was a form of meditation??? I could be wrong, as I have quite a few things on the list checked off as regular activities....

Well, that list was full of fuck. ...

Here's a better list.

Burris, that was awesome. Thank you. If I had a lighter, I'd be waving it over my head right now.

LOL, I was just listening to halestorm while trying to write a hymn to Hecate....and thinking up a yoga routine tommorrow, and eyeing a vegan cookbook.

I am so satanic that things like this just popp into my normal routines

Aw balls. I'm a vegan AND I'm getting a Harry Potter tattoo...I don't suppose my lifetime of Christianity, upcoming baptism, and well-worn collection of Bibles counts for anything does it? :lol: Yeah I guess it doesn't in this guy's book...

I was going to say, vegetarianism is dodgy but veganism doesn't get a mention so presumably it's alright? Is this the "being lukewarm" thing again? :lol:

Lycanthropy is not possible so it's like warning people away from becoming great white sharks. And the Church of Satan, while granted isn't compatible with Christianity, isn't half as scary as fundies think it is. In my experience it is composed of middle aged US Republicans with pot bellies.

Trilateralism? What even is that? And how are cyberpunk culture and alt comix incompatible with Christianity?

Burris's rules are far better. If all Christians were like her I'd have a far higher opinion of the type.

lol, "marihuana" and shrooms have actually brought me closer to God.

so has fornication, but that's a different story.

I'm really glad this list warned me about the spiritual danger of Illuminati groups! They're all over my local Craigslist, trying to set up meetings at Applebee's and recruit members. Guess I dodged a bullet there, huh?

Speaking of bullets... I hope one of you can tell me where to pick up some good quality silver ones, you know, for all the werewolves that can damn my soul to Hell or whatever these guys are worried about. (I don't know how demonic possession is supposed to directly tie in with Satan, but I don't have any Bibles right next to my desk, so I can't check the scriptures in the handy dandy footnote.)

I always thought prayer was a form of meditation??? I could be wrong, as I have quite a few things on the list checked off as regular activities....

The IMPURE version of prayer is meditation. Every RIGHTEOUS man knows (and thus SO SHOULD THE WOMEN) that PROPER praying consists of asking God for material blessings.

Wrong: "Grant me wisdom, that I may raise my children to be good people."

Right: "Give me a free net nanny so I don't need to pay any attention to my kids."

Wrong: "Please let everyone come through this trial safely and grant us the help we need to survive and rebuild."

Right: "Dear baby Jesus, please use this tornado to make me mega rich, and let all my auctions on eBay sell. Amen."

Wrong: "Please let the car start today so we can go to the clinic for my baby's ear infection."

Right: "Jesus, give me a gigantic, gas guzzling SUV... and could you get my baby to stop screaming so damn loud? Thanks, bro."

Wrong: "Please grant them a happy marriage."

Right: "Make sure she knows how to use a deep fryer."

Wrong: "Please let my child/grandchild/niece/nephew/friend's baby be healthy."

Right: "Make sure that kid is a BOY, and that plumbing line goes on sale."

Emphasis mine. That is totally what i was thinking.

Don't be a werewolf, dude.

12/47 for me. Guess my ticket to hell is strictly coach.

Re-birthing? Does that mean making those very realistic "reborn" dolls, or are they talking about something else?

Also, the music I listen to alone apparently means I'm not a valid Christian, when I thought all this time trivial things like that didn't matter. Silly me! Now if only they could tell me how practicing lycanthropy is really possible!

Guest Anonymous
Also, the music I listen to alone apparently means I'm not a valid Christian, when I thought all this time trivial things like that didn't matter. Silly me! Now if only they could tell me how practicing lycanthropy is really possible!

You just have to get bitten by a werewolf!

There is a subset of fundie nutbars who believe (or at least say they do) in vampires and werewolves and all of that business - supposedly it's fueled by demonic possession. My mother had a book about supernatural doings that terrified the daylights out of me. It was all about demons and terrible rituals and looking back on it I know it was completely bogus but as a kid it was frightening. The fundies who claim to be reformed witches or Satanists or what have you have all been full of shit in my experience. For example, Christine O'Donnell and her date with a witch that included a midnight picnic on a Satanic altar. It's pretty clear that she doesn't have a clue about witches, Satanists, or the differences between them. Of course witches are such a diverse group that it seems silly to me to even put them all in one category, but that's another subject entirely.

I wish I could recall the name of that book because I'm sure the snark value of it would be tremendous.

Archived