IGNORED

Any Keith Floyd fans out there?

Witsec7

I used to spend time in the UK and just loved his shows. With YouTube most are available online. Tonight I found a special that was recorded before his death. I don't know how I missed it. I had always wanted to go to dinner with him and get completely pissed.

Keith Meets Keith,does not have a happy ending, but shows flashes of an old style raconteur and a modern day rock star. His distain for Gordon Ramsey and other TV chefs is sharp, offensive and witty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUAlap8F ... re=related

I used to love his shows- he was big here in Australia during the '90's. I'll have to search out some old footage and waste some time...

Guest Anonymous

I love Keith Floyd. I hate most of the TV chefs but I love old Keith. His shows were a pretty solid part of my classic British childhood.

It was a big duh moment for me years ago when I realized the Bourdain modeled his tv show off Keith's. One of Keith's real talents, besides rapid fire dialog while drunk, was his ability to demonstrate his cooking in real kitchens. It's certainly a compliment to his crew as well. He did not cook on a TV set so the camera handlers had to film from his back or side.

Long before Gordon started saying 'keep it fresh, keep it local', Keith was elevating British cooks to recognize the resources they had at hand with regards to fresh ingredients. Keith's show was an asset when I was spending extend periods of time in the UK, not just for it's humor during dark winters, but teaching me how to go to market and shop for local ingredients. He wasn't overtly concerned with method or technique, just turning out a fine plate while having fun.

In a perfect world Keith would still be alive doing a show with Bourdain, two bad boys in the kitchen, saying fuck and cunt while they were cutting the cheeks off salmon. :lol:

In a perfect world Keith would still be alive doing a show with Bourdain, two bad boys in the kitchen, saying fuck and cunt while they were cutting the cheeks off salmon. :lol:

Now that, I would watch.

Floyd is LEGEND.

Rick Stein..I do like him..but he is NO FLOYD! The other's Bleh.

I am weary of TV foodies so I like reals per se. You might like 'The Hairy Bikers' They do not always get it right. I like them more because of it. Real guys, real produce, doing it wrong sometimes. EXCELLENT!

ETA. Very many years ago and must be many my *snort* Headship bought me a Bourdain book looked for it on the bookshelf. It had a knife on the cover. Can't find it. He was my kind of chef. I actually bought the knives he suggested. I also had a thing for Marco Pierre...but that may have been sexual. not food HA.

Floyd is LEGEND.

Rick Stein..I do like him..but he is NO FLOYD! The other's Bleh.

I am weary of TV foodies so I like reals per se. You might like 'The Hairy Bikers' They do not always get it right. I like them more because of it. Real guys, real produce, doing it wrong sometimes. EXCELLENT!

ETA. Very many years ago and must be many my *snort* Headship bought me a Bourdain book looked for it on the bookshelf. It had a knife on the cover. Can't find it. He was my kind of chef. I actually bought the knives he suggested. I also had a thing for Marco Pierre...but that may have been sexual. not food HA.

I cannot stand the Hairy Bikers, but Bourdain's mystery if the tops. Stein is ok, and Marco is just hot hot hot.

Haha fair enough...I like them. They are earthy and trying. They are up there with the other 2 ladies ..their show departs my tired mind, one died. They just were un-apolgetic cooks, not chefs, good old fashioned cooks. I was not sure how good your TV coverage was. Marco is SO HAWT! He needs to get off TV...respect departs with that.

Haha fair enough...I like them. They are earthy and trying. They are up there with the other 2 ladies ..their show departs my tired mind, one died. They just were un-apolgetic cooks, not chefs, good old fashioned cooks. I was not sure how good your TV coverage was. Marco is SO HAWT! He needs to get off TV...respect departs with that.

Do you mean Two Fat Ladies? Wonderful show.

Archived