IGNORED

Maxwell blog income

Witsec5

The site is just estimating what people could make by running ads, based on site traffic, keywords/density, backlinks, and Alexa ranking. It doesn't mean those sites actually make the amount listed or anywhere near it. It's also inaccurate for sales sites because the estimates are for ad revenue only, not product sales.

As far as making money blogging, there are several ways. The most simple is Google Adsense where you run ads and get a few cents for each legitimate click on them. I run a couple small blogs and usually make a few dollars a month from them at most. You can also sell ads directly with varying prices (I rarely sell ad space, but the last one I sold was a year-long ad for $480 - big name bloggers can sell lots of ads for more money). You can run affiliate ads where you get a set amount or percentage for each purchase made through an add or link on your site. There are also blog ad networks you can sign up for that serve the ads and find advertisers for you, but most require a certain amount of traffic or a certain rank in Google or Alexa showing that you blog is very popular. The easiest way to make money is with paid/sponsored posts - someone pays you to write a post linking to their site and/or talking about or reviewing their product and you get paid for it. Many times, giveaways are linked to this as well. There are several networks to go through for paid blogging or you can contact or solicit for these posts on your own - it's pretty easy to make $50+ a month this way, if you post a lot of other content as well so your blog doesn't just become one big ad site.

I went to the FJ library post at the top. The 3rd group of links is FJers, and is is listed alphabetically. Clibbyjo, consider yourself cyberstalked! :D

Awww, how nice to be stalked. I even update the blog for the occasion,but its not super exciting. :clap:

I've done up to $12k in sales for one month. It really depends on the blog, for sure, but there are tons of ways to make money blogging. I will say that I looked up the blog I worked for on that site and it was just about dead on. Google Ad Networks get you the most $$$. Just look at MckMama, she was pulling in probably close to $175k/year, all from her blog and associated businesses.

Oh yes and the Duggars are making $2100 per month from duggarfamily.com

This pisses me off because a lot of freejingerites are wonderful writers and artists and their talents are not being rewarded. Yet the Maxwells, the Duggars, and the Bates at a minimum are getting passive income just for being assholes.

FJ is, according to that site, worth more than the Duggars' site. So, in a tiny way, we win.

Why can't I make that website work? I plugged in a bunch of stuff including Hulu and nothing came up. Hints?

I've noticed that the people who do well also have podcasts on blogtalkradio. I listen to blogtalkradio at work because I can still get work done and learn about diets. I listen to Latest in Paleo and now have found the website. The commentator is making a pretty penny and it started with the podcasts and I have lost over 25 lbs BTW.

Now how would the Maxwell's do with a podcast? Monotone voices, boring subject. But they don't need one. They can talk about lost sunglasses and still get readership. Go figure. Also not to flip it and go ADD again but I looked up Josh and Anna's website and it generates zero. Now that was one lost opportunity. Josh is too lazy to run a website.

Wow...I need to get into this blogging thing to make some income. But probably nobody would read what I write.

The site is just estimating what people could make by running ads, based on site traffic, keywords/density, backlinks, and Alexa ranking. It doesn't mean those sites actually make the amount listed or anywhere near it. It's also inaccurate for sales sites because the estimates are for ad revenue only, not product sales.

That. My old website was listed having a revenue of $12/day. I never made a cent from it, because I refused to put advertising on it.

Thanks, smores! I should look more into this. I spend a lot of time online and have a background in tech writing. Hmmmm.

What is the deal with bloggers and "giveaways"? Where do they get things to give away? Are they buying these things themselves and then giving them away in order to increase blog traffic?

Sending free items to bloggers seems to be the hot marketing plan for small businesses. My brother runs a niche blog; IIRC he makes $5 a day from AdSense and gets sent random products from people that want him to write about them on his blog.

Sending free items to bloggers seems to be the hot marketing plan for small businesses. My brother runs a niche blog; IIRC he makes $5 a day from AdSense and gets sent random products from people that want him to write about them on his blog.

Ohhhh! Wow, I really am out of the swing of things. Thanks for the explanation! :)

I've always wondered how the fashion blogger I read funds her lifestyle... turns out her blog is worth over $1100 dollars a month, on top of which she gets paid for promotional work and other events. Not bad for a 21 year old who can't even spell.

Yep. 5 or so years ago I had a relatively successful blog. I made a few hundred on a good month in ads, but the real boon was all the free stuff. For a while I was sponsored by Whole Foods, which meant packages of goodies on a regular basis. I got free homeschool curriculum, free upscale children's clothing. It probably does not add up to much, but all the little freebies were fun and exciting. I love free stuff.

My blog is my second income. I make a few hundred a month from it, but not from ads. I work with a couple of social media marketing websites. The main marketing company I work for has campaigns with different companies (huge ones, that pay nicely) - it's sort of like a mix of mystery shopper and regular blogger. There are also some other smaller companies that pay fairly well and are pleasant to work with.

The down side (or maybe up side, if you're speaking in terms of entertainment value) is an insider perspective with a lot of fundie-lite mommy bloggers.

the Duggars are making $2100 per month from duggarfamily.com

Eh, that probably only covers their paper plate budget.

Eh, that probably only covers their paper plate budget.

Either that or maybe the money goes to Boob's hair spray supply.

As far as making money blogging, there are several ways. The most simple is Google Adsense where you run ads and get a few cents for each legitimate click on them. I run a couple small blogs and usually make a few dollars a month from them at most. You can also sell ads directly with varying prices (I rarely sell ad space, but the last one I sold was a year-long ad for $480 - big name bloggers can sell lots of ads for more money). You can run affiliate ads where you get a set amount or percentage for each purchase made through an add or link on your site. There are also blog ad networks you can sign up for that serve the ads and find advertisers for you, but most require a certain amount of traffic or a certain rank in Google or Alexa showing that you blog is very popular. The easiest way to make money is with paid/sponsored posts - someone pays you to write a post linking to their site and/or talking about or reviewing their product and you get paid for it. Many times, giveaways are linked to this as well. There are several networks to go through for paid blogging or you can contact or solicit for these posts on your own - it's pretty easy to make $50+ a month this way, if you post a lot of other content as well so your blog doesn't just become one big ad site.

I was just coming in to say this.

These numbers are estimates based on the traffic the sites receive - BUT if the site itself does not have advertising, they are not making that money. You could have a website that gets 1,000,000 visitors a day, but if there's no advertising on it, you don't just get mailed a check from Bloggers International to pay you for having an awesome blog. (And, in fact, you probably have to pay money for your hosting fees. The more traffic you get, the more expensive it gets to host your blog somewhere.)

The other way to make money from a blog is by selling your own product or service, and using your blog to promote it.

Archived