IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 29 - A Very Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

Michelle's red shirt looks more fitted, and therefore flattering than the loose shirts she usually wears. I hope this means the green shirt from hell has returned from whence it came. Rufus forbid it's been passed down to any of the daughters:mindblowing:

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

My first ex had a thing about that (he was the fundie one). Once we moved to our own home  (his mum insisted we live with them at first) I took to what is my sometimes pattern of getting up around 0500 and doing stuff in my nightwear/exercise gear, then getting up around 0800. Within a few weeks he had a problem with this and said I should get dressed sooner. I wasn't fully broken yet at that point, so explained that I like to do dirty/sweaty jobs early, ahead of showering and putting on day clothes. He countered with "but that means I can't get up sooner". This confused me until he explained that he couldn't dress until he saw what I was wearing, so that he could coordinate as much as possible. I laughed and said " you mean like when parents put sibling groups in the same in case they get lost?" and was floored when his very measured, but pleased response was "exactly. Unless we dress the same, when we go out, how will people know you belong to me?"

I seriously want to vomit when reading this. I'm so happy you made it out. Truly. 

12 hours ago, JMO said:

@Beermeet hopefully they will get attacked by a roving band of chickens. Or perhaps a leftover velociraptor.  

Sorry. My family is in New England. Not able to fly to Hawaii on such short notice. Will do better next time. :pb_lol:

Why would they bother with HI? All the NIKE and heathen flesh.  I can't imagine going to any tropical island and NOT enjoying at least a few hours lounging on the beach.  

Re: Jichelle telling Boob what colours to wear each day. With her cheerleader past (possibly a mean girl), I'm surprised she doesn't demand that they wear pink on Wednesdays.

Holy fuck! Is that some kind of animal pelt DQ has on her head? Looks like it's climbed up behind her and draped itself over her head

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Sorry. My family is in New England. Not able to fly to Hawaii on such short notice. Will do better next time. :pb_lol:

Tsk tsk no instantaneous teleportation? ...men, they'd only give you tummy upset anyhow ;)

Great picture @Carm_88! Whomever is behind that IG account needs to fix the date at the bottom. Since Johanna is the youngest and based on how she looks it was probably mid to late 2007. 

20 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

There's so many awesome things to do in Kauai and they probably justmade sweet fellowship the whole time.

Oh, yuk. More wine spilled.:output_eeMbjt:

I just can't believe they went to Walmart in HI. When we vacation Mr. Baby Bottle Pop and I do occasionally hit up a local grocery store. It's cheaper to get snacks and if you have a kitchen, cheaper to make some meals instead of eating out every night, but still. Like they went all the way from Walmart Central to another Walmart... 

I'm sure they were too uncomfortable to go off the beaten path of all the touristy shit. One of the best parts of vacationing in my opinion is seeing the parts of a place that aren't just for outsiders. Local businesses, restaurants, etc. 

Eh. We've gone to Walmart stores in various locations throughout the USA. They're generally located close to interstates/main highways, we know generally what they have/we need, and we can get in/out in short order.

I do like to browse the regional chain grocery stores, though. Publix is just about my favorite. Love HEB. Also Stop-n-Shop and Wegmans. Man. I love me a good grocery store. lol

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I do like to browse the regional chain grocery stores, though. Publix is just about my favorite. Love HEB. Also Stop-n-Shop and Wegmans. Man. I love me a good grocery store. lol

I love going to grocery stores I've never been to. I know it's weird! 

I have family in Florida and they love to take me to Publix when I visit. Recently went in a Weis for the first time. 

ETA: I'm sorry if I'm coming off hypocritical... criticizing the Duggars for Walmart yet I love going to different grocery stores when I can... :my_confused:

Not hypocritical. Walmart and "local" grocery stores are two different things. :)

When we're in England, I'm forEVER wandering around Tesco, but Waitrose is my favorite. Oh my.... I could spend hours in there! And Sainsbury's. OK. I confess:  I could spend an entire week just grocery shopping. Plus food there is SO CHEAP (even with the exchange of USD to GBP).

I've got to say, while of course I like going to local restaurants when I'm traveling, there's something kind of fun about going to chain restaurants in other countries too. It's interesting to see what's different about such a familiar place. A chain like McDonald's has different menu items in different places. In India, for example, even restaurants like McDonald's and KFC have a lot of vegetarian options (including the McCurry and McAloo!).

My daughter and I were just in China for 9 days.  Aside from one night when I wasn't feeling great, we ate in local restaurants every night.  We were the only westerners in them, and sometimes it took a while to find one which had photos and some sort of English translation on the menu.  Armed with essential nut allergy information in Mandarin for my daughter to be safe, we loved the experience.  Looking in their supermarkets was ... interesting!

And Hawaii in July in stockings and long sleeves?  We were there last July and spent a significant part of every day swimming.  I cannot imagine going there and not swimming.  Maybe they stayed somewhere with a private pool and Michelle whipped out a little bikini ;) .

Not hypocritical. Walmart and "local" grocery stores are two different things. [emoji4]
When we're in England, I'm forEVER wandering around Tesco, but Waitrose is my favorite. Oh my.... I could spend hours in there! And Sainsbury's. OK. I confess:  I could spend an entire week just grocery shopping. Plus food there is SO CHEAP (even with the exchange of USD to GBP).

When we were in London, I had so much fun going into Tesco and Sainsbury's!! DH thought it was hilarious.

My thing is going to starbucks in different countries, like I've gone to in Taiwan, Japan and China. I always make it a point to really get immersed in the culture but my last day of the trip I always stop at a local starbucks just to check it out!

2 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

My thing is going to starbucks in different countries, like I've gone to in Taiwan, Japan and China. I always make it a point to really get immersed in the culture but my last day of the trip I always stop at a local starbucks just to check it out!

Starbucks in Wales almost did me in. lol

We went to St. Thomas in 2015. The small company mu husband works for had achieved a milestone so the CEO paid for our tickets and hotel. When we got there, the boss took our booze orders and went to the local war-mart to fill them. The hotel was charging 11 for a beer pool-side. There was a gold-dusted martini for $300. So yeah, sometimes wal-mart is A-ok in my book. And he took one for the team by going for us all. 

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Not hypocritical. Walmart and "local" grocery stores are two different things. :)

Did you ever get a chance to visit Kwik Save? They were awesome.

When we go North, if we have time I always try to pop into ASDA - great value and wonderful deals (coming up for tenth winter in a £3 body warmer). They also were the more ethical version of tesco for a long while, but they've recently become part of the 'Walmart family' apparently, so there's probably not a cigarette paper between them now.

I'm in the UK and when my mother in law comes over from New Zealand we have a day trip to Tesco lol. I love NZ, but supermarkets there are terrible. Our food is definitely cheaper than in most countries I've visited, except perhaps France.

In the US I do like Wholefoods. I know it's an expensive option but we don't really have anything like it here and I'm on holiday, so it's a treat. I think your Starbucks makes better coffees, I was there last year and was addicted to Skinny peppermint mochas, tried to get them to make me up one here and it was terrible. I shall be back in November and I'm already looking forward to them. I prefer Costa in the UK over Starbucks, the coffee is richer and more intense.

@Darwinesque - I agree with you about Costa. That's where I go for coffee now that I discovered the place! I do still go to Starbucks, though, so I can get iced tea. :)   Whole Foods is everywhere now - even in London! I don't shop there regularly because of the cost, but I do stop in once a year or so.

I Enjoy Starbucks.  Starbucks in Whistler sell a far superior cake selection to the Edinburgh Starbucks though. Always my first stop on our first day there!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived