IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 29 - A Very Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Loretta Lynn does look great for her considerable age.. but I dont' think Michelle will do as well.

I feel bad for Ms. Loretta, She isn't doing too well after her medical scare. It's kind of freaky to think I may have been to one of her last Opry shows.  It was so sweet she was dancing off stage to Darius Rucker's singing then he stood guard just off stage while she performed.  You wouldn't have seen that when she started out. 

Sorry I havent been on, I have had a few medical issues the past month but I have been reading on my phone to keep up with what's happening. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

During my first year of college knitting was very popular in my part of dorm so I picked it up. I know the way I cast on is a bit different but then most.

I second the use of circular needles. When I use them over typical needles I rarely drop a stitch.

What's the difference between continental & "English" style for knitting? Never heard the terms before

There's hundreds and hundreds of different cast ons. You're grand. ;)

There's a really good video on it located at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooz_gTsZ_w

There really are no proper ways to do it though - whatever's comfortable for the individual knitter that allows you to keep a consistent gauge is the most important. Contrary bird that I am, I'm a Brit, but learnt Continental from Mum, Grandma and Nana (though they all just called it 'knitting' - the names I only learnt as an adult). These days I use a weird pick/throw combination that's just my own so far as I know.

9 hours ago, karen77 said:

There are so many ways to cast on it's not even funny.

I'm only up to four ways that I can cast on without needing a "how-to" diagram. So far, those four methods have done the job. 

I shudder to think how many unfinished projects I have sitting around. I need to catch a good case of "finishitis"!

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I need to catch a good case of "finishitis"!

You just need to march yourself over to the Maxwell's blog and get your good self a schedule, missy!! lol

It's the end of the working week here (I know you guys stateside are a few hours behind, but hey, join the weekend party!).

How did you guys who were sitting the bar the last few days get on?

My friend tried to teach me to knit. Apparently, I'm a failure at it. I use my right hand but somehow it ends up backward left handed stitch. Don't ask but IDK how that even happens. So everything I've ever tried to knit looks really weird lol

@MadeItOut I sat the bar! Made it through. A lot of people didn't finish though. Fairer questions but very long. We'll see in November....I'm still ridiculously tired. 

On July 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM, MadeItOut said:

I forget who produces it, but I came across 'MannTea' at some point and apart from certain health benefits, there was also mention of it being geared flavour-wise for the man who needs to avoid caffeine and dislikes regular herbal/finds them too feminine.

Please please tell me that their logo is a manatee with a mustache

55 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

@MadeItOut I sat the bar! Made it through. A lot of people didn't finish though. Fairer questions but very long. We'll see in November....I'm still ridiculously tired. 

Congratulations!!! Hoping all is well and your score is outstanding! 

Knitting: My grandmother was a champion knitter...the woman was amazing. Me? Nope. I'm a half-ass crocheter. However, now that I seem to be spending a whole lot more time sitting on my butt (thank you car accident bitch), I need to take up SOMETHING...

8 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

You just need to march yourself over to the Maxwell's blog and get your good self a schedule, missy!! lol

I can't stick to a schedule to save my life. I am The Anti-Maxwell(TM)!!! :my_biggrin:

11 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

My friend tried to teach me to knit. Apparently, I'm a failure at it. I use my right hand but somehow it ends up backward left handed stitch. Don't ask but IDK how that even happens. So everything I've ever tried to knit looks really weird lol

You're catching the back leg of the stitch instead of the front one by the sound of it. Pretty easy to fix ;)

11 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Congrats on finishing!

That feels a long wait. You'll get your results around when I should be sitting my genealogy exam then.

10 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

That would be so cool.

I think it was the da Vinci man inside a sun or something

12 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

That would be so cool.

I think it was the da Vinci man inside a sun or something

Darn. Such a wasted opportunity. I should write corporate a letter...

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Darn. Such a wasted opportunity. I should write corporate a letter...

Definitely!

You've had a little dity running around my head ever since. Sister brought it back from school one time:

#...Doo-gong, Doooo-gong, It's the cow of the sea hee hee. Doo-gong, Doooo-gong, Also known as a manatee.# ...then there's a verse, but I can't quite remember.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:30 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

This was posted on a Wednesday. Michelle wanted to wear pink because it was Wednesday, but JB thought it was demasculating, so he wore blue in accordance with his Holy Penis.

Is pink on Wednesday a thing for some people?

I finally finished the baby blanket I was knitting for seafilly 2 last week. I started March 2001.

@karen77, that is a beautiful blanket you created.

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Is pink on Wednesday a thing for some people?

It's a line from the movie Mean Girls.

"On Wednesdays we wear pink!"

5 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

It's a line from the movie Mean Girls.

"On Wednesdays we wear pink!"

Thank you. I've never seen that movie.

39 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Thank you. I've never seen that movie.

IMG_1612.JPG.674ed0f73b78d4b948e625c165d469df.JPG

(It's a pretty funny movie. Kind of similar to the movie Heathers, which came out around the time I was born. Heathers is definitely much more of a dark comedy than Mean Girls is, but both movies are pretty fantastic. I highly recommend them.)

On 7/28/2017 at 5:18 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

All I can think of is that fake PowerThirst energy drink ad. Boy. PowerThirst. MAN. Man. PowerThirst. MANMANMAN. PowerThirst. Pregnant Woman. HOLY SHIIIIIIT! Man. T-shirt. MANATEE SHIRT.

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

(It's a pretty funny movie. Kind of similar to the movie Heathers, which came out around the time I was born. Heathers is definitely much more of a dark comedy than Mean Girls is, but both movies are pretty fantastic. I highly recommend them.)

It's actually a documentary. :wtsf:

31 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

All I can think of is that fake PowerThirst energy drink ad. Boy. PowerThirst. MAN. Man. PowerThirst. MANMANMAN. PowerThirst. Pregnant Woman. HOLY SHIIIIIIT! Man. T-shirt. MANATEE SHIRT.

What the FUCKITY fuck did I just watch?

(My phone autocorrects FUCKITY to all caps, and I'm leaving it like that)

21 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What the FUCKITY fuck did I just watch?

(My phone autocorrects FUCKITY to all caps, and I'm leaving it like that)

What I thought was the height of comedy when I was in high school?

Probably best answer I can give there. The other two are just as weird.

5 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Definitely!

You've had a little dity running around my head ever since. Sister brought it back from school one time:

#...Doo-gong, Doooo-gong, It's the cow of the sea hee hee. Doo-gong, Doooo-gong, Also known as a manatee.# ...then there's a verse, but I can't quite remember.

Wow, I can't believe I still remember this! It's from a site called Weebl's Stuff, which used to do flash animation and I guess now has moved onto Youtube. My friends and I were huge fans back in the day.

http://weebls-stuff.com/toons/dugong-animated-music-video-mrweebl/

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Gotta love Mean Girls! 

So fetch:my_tongue:

Stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen! (LOL) 

16 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's actually a documentary. :wtsf:

Not sure what you mean by that...Tina Fey very loosely based the script off the book, Queen Bees and Wannabes, which was about younger women's friendships, with a focus on helping teens navigate relationships in school.  It was a self-help book, though, not a memoir nor a formal study.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived