IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 29 - A Very Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Wow, is that JB and Michelle?? I couldn't tell because they're not matching. :pb_lol:

How will we even know they enjoy sweet fellowship when they don't match???? I feel like this is a sign of Michelle trying to break free. She's calling for help. This is so UnDuggarly...

I am so jealous of those that can knit!  I've tried too many times to count, but it just doesn't work :/  On the bright side, I crochet EVERYTHING!  LOL  blankets, hats, baskets, doilies...even made a hand bag out of those plastic grocery bags...I'm a crocheting machine, but would love to knit!

20 minutes ago, xlurker said:

I am so jealous of those that can knit!  I've tried too many times to count, but it just doesn't work :/  On the bright side, I crochet EVERYTHING!  LOL  blankets, hats, baskets, doilies...even made a hand bag out of those plastic grocery bags...I'm a crocheting machine, but would love to knit!

Have you tried learning to knit continental style?  You control the yarn tension with your left hand, like you do while crocheting.  Check out a local yarn store, someone there would probably be glad to help you--

Just now, Granwych said:

Have you tried learning to knit continental style?  You control the yarn tension with your left hand, like you do while crocheting.  Check out a local yarn store, someone there would probably be glad to help you--

I have!  LOL  That was my first hurdle....just seems that even though I can get through very intricate crochet patterns, for some unknown reason I can not knit more than 2 rows without adding and deleting stitches all over the place :o  Main reason I'd like to knit is the beautiful fine appearal you can make. Beautiful delicate clothes can also be made crocheting, but it usually calls for thread---and that stuff is a bear to use!

7 hours ago, missegeno said:

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that some Dunkin locations don't double cup! Maybe it's just a Boston thing. Still shitty, imo, but on a much smaller scale than I had thought. :-)

I go to dunkin frequently and the ones in my area ive never seen this double cup thing happen either :) in fact they had reusable cups for some summer promo thing recently.

42 minutes ago, xlurker said:

I have!  LOL  That was my first hurdle....just seems that even though I can get through very intricate crochet patterns, for some unknown reason I can not knit more than 2 rows without adding and deleting stitches all over the place :o  Main reason I'd like to knit is the beautiful fine appearal you can make. Beautiful delicate clothes can also be made crocheting, but it usually calls for thread---and that stuff is a bear to use!

I have knit for a long time, but  I find it much easier to use a circular needle for all  of my knitting, I only use straight dpns for knitting socks, and usually knit them on a long circ as well.

Might be helpful for you.  

I also concur with the continental knitting/crochet link.  I can knit both continental and "English" style as I am a former crocheter.

3 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I have knit for a long time, but  I find it much easier to use a circular needle for all  of my knitting, I only use straight dpns for knitting socks, and usually knit them on a long circ as well.

Might be helpful for you.  

I also concur with the continental knitting/crochet link.  I can knit both continental and "English" style as I am a former crocheter.

I started as a crocheter too (hooker, ha!) and still, continental is a mess for me. I'm just super right handed I think. (this is probably why I'm a very loose hooker, hahaha, and a almost to gauge knitter).

1 hour ago, xlurker said:

I recommend using youtube videos to teach you how to knit. (I did this with Crochet). You can pause and re-watch as many times as you want. :)

Michelle is starting to look "country old" to me... think Loretta Lynn. That hair really drags her down. I think Jim Bob's going to start turning toward his normal stature.. and gain weight. 

2 hours ago, xlurker said:

Ah, you know what that is? (Usually one of two things) - for a start, very common with new knitters. Most of the new knitters I've seen with that issue, it turns out to be either:

* accidentally wrapping their yarn top down instead of up and over

* accidentally working both legs of a stitch. This happens naturally to everyone on occasions and to beginners a lot. This is fixed by a large part time and practice (& lifelines can be helpful, even if you need them every row at first) & a small part tracking the stitch you're on using the tip of your index finger on the top.

Hope that helps? Or at least makes sense? - if needs be, I can do you a video how to do the fixes if you feel it might help?

I'd like to revive my tatting. I'd learned from a friend who was GREAT at it, and gave me a lovely tatted doily as a wedding gift... it's kept under glass on a round table! Nothing gonna touch that!

44 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Ah, you know what that is? (Usually one of two things) - for a start, very common with new knitters. Most of the new knitters I've seen with that issue, it turns out to be either:

* accidentally wrapping their yarn top down instead of up and over

* accidentally working both legs of a stitch. This happens naturally to everyone on occasions and to beginners a lot. This is fixed by a large part time and practice (& lifelines can be helpful, even if you need them every row at first) & a small part tracking the stitch you're on using the tip of your index finger on the top.

Hope that helps? Or at least makes sense? - if needs be, I can do you a video how to do the fixes if you feel it might help?

Also, it's very easy to flip the yarn over on the first stitch of a new row (so that both legs of 1 stitch look like two stitches), then you add one by accident.

10 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I'd like to revive my tatting. I'd learned from a friend who was GREAT at it, and gave me a lovely tatted doily as a wedding gift... it's kept under glass on a round table! Nothing gonna touch that!

My granddad was a tatter! 

19 minutes ago, xlurker said:

I may have to give knitting another try!

I've been "taught" to knit about a dozen times - by my grandmother, her sister, a co-worker, a friend, etc. It just won't "take" for me.

I can crochet almost anything (including Luna Lovegood's scarf). :)

59 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Michelle is starting to look "country old" to me... think Loretta Lynn. That hair really drags her down. I think Jim Bob's going to start turning toward his normal stature.. and gain weight. 

Yeah but Loretta Lynn is ancient and still looks good for her age. Michelle looks pretty good for a mom of 19. So what's the occasion and whose home with the kids??

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Yeah but Loretta Lynn is ancient and still looks good for her age. Michelle looks pretty good for a mom of 19. So what's the occasion and whose home with the kids??

I'm sure kids are covered. I think it's ok to take a vaca (especially an anniversary one) away from the kids, I'm sure it's been planned a while now.

DH and I are celebrating our 10th in September and going to Disneyland with out the kids!!

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

So what's the occasion and whose home with the kids??

It's their anniversary and Jana.

11 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's their anniversary and Jana.

Oh great! Did not realize it's their anniversary. Thought they were out touring for their ministry or something. 

Loretta Lynn does look great for her considerable age.. but I dont' think Michelle will do as well.

15 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

The same person that has raised their kids since she was 7 or 8, Jana. 

During my first year of college knitting was very popular in my part of dorm so I picked it up. I know the way I cast on is a bit different but then most.

I second the use of circular needles. When I use them over typical needles I rarely drop a stitch.

What's the difference between continental & "English" style for knitting? Never heard the terms before

On 26/07/2017 at 10:23 AM, Mayluka said:

Wow, is that JB and Michelle?? I couldn't tell because they're not matching. :pb_lol:

This was posted on a Wednesday. Michelle wanted to wear pink because it was Wednesday, but JB thought it was demasculating, so he wore blue in accordance with his Holy Penis.

1 hour ago, klabourdeth said:

During my first year of college knitting was very popular in my part of dorm so I picked it up. I know the way I cast on is a bit different but then most.

I second the use of circular needles. When I use them over typical needles I rarely drop a stitch.

What's the difference between continental & "English" style for knitting? Never heard the terms before

continental is called "picking" yarn being held in your left hand.  English is "throwing" yarn in the right hand (google and it'll make sense)

THere are so many ways to cast on it's not even funny.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived