IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 29 - A Very Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

Years ago I went to a DD in Barcelona and loved seeing how they had altered the menu to be more Spanish.  I wished we had those little bocadillos back home! Yum!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I Enjoy Starbucks.  Starbucks in Whistler sell a far superior cake selection to the Edinburgh Starbucks though. Always my first stop on our first day there!

Starbucks is great, but soo expensive! If any FJers ever visit the States you should try Dunkin Donuts. And while you're there, get munchkins too :) 

I prefer Tim Hortons to DD. And Timbits!!11!1!1!11!!!!!

Mmmm Tim Horton's!!!!

Starbucks=burnt, Dunkin=weak...horrible stuff, both of them. Look for a local place that has independent roasters, or roasts beans themselves. Life's too short for bad coffee! 

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

Starbucks=burnt, Dunkin=weak...horrible stuff, both of them. Look for a local place that has independent roasters, or roasts beans themselves. Life's too short for bad coffee! 

If you have a Whole Foods near by try theirs. They use and sell Allegro beans which is my personal favorite and has the right balance. 

A little late, but in addition to Michelle potentially have foot issues, has anyone mentioned the possibility that she has to wear compression hose? With so many pregnancies, significant varicose veins are a distinct possibility.

39 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

If you have a Whole Foods near by try theirs. They use and sell Allegro beans which is my personal favorite and has the right balance. 

I (with my family) own a coffee shop LOL we use LaColombe, which is roasted not far from us. I admit to severe coffee snobbery...

3 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

It all tastes like ass to me, smelly brown overpriced hot water. I'll stick to diet coke, for my brown liquid caffeine intake of choice, to not kill all the people whom I can't handling peopling in my vicinity.  What ever keeps you out of prison is fine by me. :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It all tastes like ass to me, smelly brown overpriced hot water. I'll stick to diet coke, for my brown liquid caffeine intake of choice, to not kill all the people whom I can't handling peopling in my vicinity.  What ever keeps you out of prison is fine by me. :my_biggrin:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is like this!!! I'm so addicted to Diet Coke. The only coffee I can tolerate is Godiva chocolate truffle with lots of cream and sugar. But then coffee upsets my tummy, on top of not being yummy.

No coffee for me either! My husband is a coffee snob though so we have a mixed marriage. I used to drink Coke but a couple of years ago I switched to Pepsi. That and a little chocolate gets me going in the morning. Yup, sometimes I eat like a 12 yr old with no parental supervision. I'm not ashamed about this either!

I frequently begin my days with chocolate. I keep it in the door of the fridge so it forces me to get out of bed. It's a good incentive.

5 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Starbucks=burnt, Dunkin=weak...horrible stuff, both of them.

Dunkin actually made their coffee a lot stronger a year or two ago to keep up with Starbucks. Now the caffeine content is a lot higher. Not great for me the caffeine lightweight who used to enjoy that it was weak, but oh well. I don't really like their hot coffee, but their iced coffee is so refreshing in the summer. At least they make decaf, which is not the case for most chains that sell iced coffee.

5 hours ago, Blue jay said:

A little late, but in addition to Michelle potentially have foot issues, has anyone mentioned the possibility that she has to wear compression hose? With so many pregnancies, significant varicose veins are a distinct possibility.

I only had three kids and I have some crazy varicose veins. 

5 hours ago, Blue jay said:

Compression hose/socks come in a variety of colors... Why black all.the.time?!?!

8 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Compression hose/socks come in a variety of colors... Why black all.the.time?!?!

Because they're sexy?  Lol

I just pictured Michelle's stockings being mid-thigh tied with a bow style.

I've been watching too much Borgias and Tudor shows!

Ew. Sorry. :output_eeMbjt::brainbleach:

2 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

No coffee for me either! My husband is a coffee snob though so we have a mixed marriage. I used to drink Coke but a couple of years ago I switched to Pepsi. That and a little chocolate gets me going in the morning. Yup, sometimes I eat like a 12 yr old with no parental supervision. I'm not ashamed about this either!

no coffee here either, but DH totally is a snob, he'll roast his own beans sometimes!

I love my tea though :)

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

I only had three kids and I have some crazy varicose veins. 

I can only imagine the "kind" blogpost that the Maxhells would make about Michelle's varicose veins as compared with NR Anna.

Yes, well sometimes Starbucks gets referred to as "Charbucks" but I love that dark, intense roasted flavor! 

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

no coffee here either, but DH totally is a snob, he'll roast his own beans sometimes!

I love my tea though :)

We recently discovered 'Little Wooly Things' - she's started a vlog about yarn crafts, which I love, and hand roasted coffee, which is his thing. 

I don't drink coffee either. I love the smell of it, but it just tastes like brown dirty water to me. People have been telling me for years, "just wait until you study", "just wait until you start working in a newspaper..." Still doesn't drink it. I love my tea though. And some coke zero or pepsi max.

Life long tea drinker here, too. I just hate the taste of coffee, no matter how fresh or weak that is. Fresh coffee beans do smell lovely, though. When I first visited US I wanted to taste something typical I've only seen on tv, like those big gooey donuts. Went to Dunkin Donuts and they didn't disappoint me - so unhealthy but so.damn.good :Yes:

When I moved out to Seattle a few years ago everyone was huge on telling me about their personal favorite coffee shop and some seemed to take it personally that I'm tea (morning: twinnings irish breakfast, one raw sugar cube, splash of milk). Though I do keep Ritter dark chocolate with hazelnuts on hand at all times.

I do a lot of sonic diet iced green tea, but will do Starbucks in a pinch to combat the heat. Unless it's Sonic Happy Hour then yes, I will go out of my way for 64 ounces of diet cherry limeade or blackberry sprite zero goodness for 50 cents and use that dollar for a treat. Plus, the summer kids have gotten the roller skating down now and aren't just throwing drinks and food everywhere anymore! 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived