IGNORED

Hope Pennington, atheist

16strong

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Lisa had been gallivanting at Disney World with one of the younger boys. Pics all over her Facebook. 

Sorry I can't post, not technical.

Because nothing, but nothing, stops those trips to Disney World! I'm guessing there would be nothing inconveniencing her or challenging her to provide support to Alecia Faith now - she's just an incredibly selfish, narcissistic woman who doesn't do anything she can pass on to someone else.

I hope Alecia's feeling better - at least her grandparents and extended family are there for her and will support her in a supportive, practical, loving way. No bullshit, blame or oils involved.

• Upvote 6

I know part of having faith is comfort. I am sorry she lost that part. I hope continues to grow her support system.

That must be devastating for Alecia. Thinking good thoughts for her.

Well of course Lisa took her young sons to Disney. She has to let them have a little fun if she wants to keep them in the home! Remember when she went alone with her husband and took selfies of her hairstyles? Going away with just my husband would be lovely, I think I would feel like shit if I went to Disney without my kids. I know it can be for just adults, but it would feel wrong to me, unless my kids were grown up I suppose.

• Upvote 9

Poor, poor Alecia.  That poor girl has really been through the wringer in her short life, and I hope she has tons of support, and can re-build.

• Upvote 13

So Lisa wants everyone to know that the Shack is heretic softie liberal propaganda that's all about God loving everyone and forgiving sins, when really we should be afraid of his wrath!

In another post she links to this awful article to make sure you know that God WILL "enact eternal judgment upon those who reject Him and send them to torment in hell."

I don't believe for a second that she's OK with Hope's rejection of christianity. Nothing indicates that she's OK with people having different beliefs than her. As another commenter said, I think she's licking her wounds after losing another daughter and is embarassed to talk about it because her "brand" is motherhood and Jesus (and oils).

Anyway, I'm proud of Hope for going to see the Shack just a few days after her mom's rant. Go Hope!

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 12.30.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-11 at 12.24.06 PM.png

• Upvote 18

What the hell is she prattling on about: "There is a message of forgiveness that people use as an excuse to call it good."  It's not like forgiveness is one of the key tenets of Christianity or anything! 

Oh, she makes my blood boil.

• Upvote 9

I'm also in the camp that thinks Lisa is not happy about Hope. She spent so much time demonising poor Faith tho, that I'm not surprised that she has to pretend that she's ok with it. Wouldn't want those supporters actually realising that Faith had no other option than to run. 

I'm horrified at Lisa most of the time but the post about Faith's boyfriend was truely hideous. The woman is so self absorbed it's unbelievable.  "I was torn' 'I kept crying' 'my heart was broken'. Lisa doesn't feel empathy for anyone else, the only thing important is how a situation affects her.

poor poor Faith, Its not fair how much she has been through. She's such a strong, brave young woman, she doesn't deserve any of this. 

• Upvote 9

Lisa reminds me of the Jeubs. Especially Chris. She wants to make everything seem just fine on FB when really I bet she's flipping the fuck out on the inside. The Jeub's keep losing children and they can't do a damn thing about it. Same with Lisa. So just pretend it's completely fine with you so you don't show how you've lost all control of your adult children.

It reminds me of my 4 year old getting a toy taken away for poor behavior. "So! I didn't want to play with that toy anyway!"

• Upvote 19

Does Hope still live at home, and was she ever able to get a delayed birth certificate and a social security number? I remember checking the Texas birth registry awhile back (it goes through 1997) under the name Sublett (James Pennington's birth surname which he changed sometime in the last 20 years), and only one Pennington/Sublett child is listed--Patience. I worry that the Penningtentiary parents wardens may be giving lip service to acceptance but keeping Hope's legal identity in reserve to use as a weapon.

I had seen that about Alecia Faith's boyfriend's death and was wondering if it was suicide. How unbearably painful for her, for his family, and for all who loved him and/or love her. Clearly Lisa Pennington isn't in the latter category.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, VVV said:

Does Hope still live at home, and was she ever able to get a delayed birth certificate and a social security number?

Hope lives in Washington State, according to her FB, and I'm sure has a job.  Because of the new law in Texas regarding parents and birth certificates (thank you, Alecia Faith!), I'm sure the Penningtons toed the line on getting a birth certificate for Hope, if she didn't already have one.  Earlier, Hope and Patience were both working in the San Antonio area.  To work, you've got to show various legally accepted documents to your employer -- SSN and birth certificate (or passport), for example. 

• Upvote 7

Saw this update on the Penningtons.   First off, I feel so bad for Alecia, she's been through so much.  I hope she is getting the support she needs, however, it's not going to be from her mother, no matter how "torn" she said she was on her daughter's wedding day.

I am also in the camp that Hope's declaration doesn't sit well with her mother but Lisa is keeping quiet because she's not going to get the attention and validation she wants as a "suffering mother".  She doesn't want to look bad but you can bet she's internally flipping out over losing another one.   I personally think she and her husband got some serious pushback from people after Alecia left and of course, the laws being changed over getting identification papers in the state because of her daughter's situation, that had to take the wind out of Lisa's sails.  They might be towing the line on that front (getting ID papers for their kids now) , but it's only because they have to and they don't want to look bad.   Not because they realize that maybe they are fucked up parents.

• Upvote 7

Yeah, if your parenting is so uniquely terrible that a state legislature has to pass a law specifically aimed at stopping your behavior, you probably take a time out to think about what you're doing in life. Even if you're Lisa.

• Upvote 40
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Yeah, if your parenting is so uniquely terrible that a state legislature has to pass a law specifically aimed at stopping your behavior, you probably take a time out to think about what you're doing in life. Even if you're Lisa.

Right, it's time for a really good think over your parenting style however I highly doubt Lisa or her husband did that.   More like how their parenting authority was encroached, etc.    It appears they are complying now but most likely they are grudgingly doing it because all eyes are on them.    This shined a bright light on their highly controlled style of parenting and they had to have hated that. 

• Upvote 7

Oh, the irony...Lisa's 2014 post on parenting adult children (sic) is still up, and all but one of the comments on it are, if possible, even more insane than the actual post. I really wonder if the commenters are aware of the consequences of Lisa's controlling nature in real life.

http://thepenningtonpoint.com/2014/08/adult-kids-living-at-home/

• Upvote 2

Here's hoping that the folk who left comments  have followed Faith's struggle to become a legal person in her own right, and realise that both Pennington parents are nut jobs.

• Upvote 9

Of all the control freaks out there, Lisa has to be the worst. It's chilling to read that post with the knowledge that she was effectively holding them hostage by not allowing them access to their own personal documents. What an evil bitch.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Right, it's time for a really good think over your parenting style however I highly doubt Lisa or her husband did that.

I think the Pennington parents did do some adjusting after the earthquake caused by Faith's leaving the fold.  I think this because two daughters (Hope and Patience, I think) ended up away from home, living independently  and working in the San Antonio area.  This was not something Lisa would ever have envisioned before Alecia left; she was strictly SAHD.  That said, the oldest daughter (Grace) had moved up to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but only to nanny for Lisa's sister (ostensibly a very safe option involving immediate family and children).  

I think perhaps they realized that they might lose more children unless they loosened the reins.  Don't know anything about oldest son.  He may still be living at home on the mini ranch. 

• Upvote 6

I know it happened years ago now, but I still shudder at the post about hitting her newly wakened toddler because he wouldn't say hello to her.

My blood pressure rises at the thought of the pure deliberate cruelty she carried out on one of her own ' precious ' children.

• Upvote 18

I read today on Hope's IG in her latest post, someone was asking if she was going to be moving back to Washington, but she said she is sticking around in Texas to get her SSN and then after that she "doesn't know".

It seems her plans to move back there are changed now she and Jeremiah broke up, which is a shame regardlessbecause she seemed very happy there far away from Texas.

I have so much hope for her and Faith!

I can only take comfort in Lisa's martyr complex and internally freaking out about losing control of her children.

I though it was especially creepy and weird when she was taking her 14 year old son to Disney land, and talking about how she said she didn't want to decide what they did every day because she was teaching him to be a man and show her respect for him and for him to learn how to "lead". *puke* Poor kid has no idea.

I think the oldest son is still at home, working on his "law" degree with Dad, but I could be wrong, we hear so little from him, but he seems to be as self righteous and defensive of his parents are Grace, the oldest girl who just got married recently.

And yes, Lisa is disgusting for the way she described Alecia's loss and made it all about her. I don't care how much she thinks she walks with her "Heavenly Father", she is going to have ALOT to answer for when she gets up to those pearly gates.

She should be ashamed of herself. Even her own mother is.

• Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I know it happened years ago now, but I still shudder at the post about hitting her newly wakened toddler because he wouldn't say hello to her.

My blood pressure rises at the thought of the pure deliberate cruelty she carried out on one of her own ' precious ' children.

I think that happened in 2009 and internet readers were (rightfully) calling CPS to investigate her. I tried and failed to find the post on the wayback machine, but for those new to the horror show that is Pennington Point, Lisa Pennington spanked her toddler son for at least half an hour because he would not say "hello" to her--and this was in the full hearing of the rest of the children.

• Upvote 5

The thing I loathe most about that post on adult children living at home, is she is framing her kids as ungrateful, difficult, etc - when they had to stay at home because she didn't give them any choice. 

I am sympathetic to my kids’ situation.  They are adults living a child’s life.  They need to break out and believe me….we want our little birdies to fly from our nest.  I am not anxious to be the head of an adult living center.

This is a downright lie!  She wouldn't let them get proper jobs, through the combination of denying them basic documentation, to not letting them use the car (as she goes on to say!), to taking as much of any money they actually could earn, so they couldn't save to leave, to making them work for 4 hours a day, unpaid, in the family businesses.  And finishing off by saying how she tells them if they disagree with her, they basically should be stoned to death! She is vile!

That baby spanking post....  just evil, nasty, awful, horrific, vile, vile, vile.

ETA She says her "teeny tiny baby spanker... barely stings", but her toddler screams when he's hit with it? If it really did "barely sting", it wouldn't be effective.  She's such a horrible liar.

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 18

Lisa has a new book out, "Tightropes and Teeter-Totters: Finding Balance in the Ups and Downs of Life."

Lisa Pennington knows how to get up after losing her balance, even with a full house, a not-so-full bank account, and never enough energy. In her latest book, she offers readers:

Strategies for finding balance in marriage, motherhood, and bad moods

Playful yet biblically based tips for turning hard days around

Inspiration for shaping obstacles into opportunities

Ways to respond to irritations with gratitude

Enthusiastic encouragement for living out God’s purpose.

Okey-dokey.

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, Howl said:

I think the Pennington parents did do some adjusting after the earthquake caused by Faith's leaving the fold.  I think this because two daughters (Hope and Patience, I think) ended up away from home, living independently  and working in the San Antonio area.  This was not something Lisa would ever have envisioned before Alecia left; she was strictly SAHD.  That said, the oldest daughter (Grace) had moved up to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but only to nanny for Lisa's sister (ostensibly a very safe option involving immediate family and children).  

I think perhaps they realized that they might lose more children unless they loosened the reins.  Don't know anything about oldest son.  He may still be living at home on the mini ranch. 

While I think it's good that they finally loosened the reins, I am not sure it was because of any insights about their over the top parenting style or bad publicity stemming from Alecia's going public about her lack of documentation.   Lisa's posts in the immediate aftermath were pretty "woe is me" that clearly painted Alecia as a bad daughter.    She clearly tries to make herself look good so I can't imagine having her and her husband's uber-controlling style laid bare sat well with her.

I guess it ultimately doesn't matter why the Pennington parents decided to let go a bit, the main thing is that they are doing it and they did eventually cooperate in getting Alecia's needed documentation.   But seeing Lisa's "look at me" postings and her long-held belief in that she's doing parenting right as shown in her posts including the spanking one, makes me question that there's any real insight going on there.    I can't help but wonder that loosening the reins is about proving to the world she's not a bad parent.  

• Upvote 12