IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Oh, FFS.  He just had to mention that Roderick's grandmother is a "witchdoctor."  What on earth do you mean by that, Johnny?  Does she know about native plants and is she able to help those who fall ill?  Because if she's in an area with 15 villages that are 7 hours away from Kafue (and perhaps other medical care), her knowledge might be needed for and useful to the community (very tough concepts to grasp, I know).  She also happens to be giving some land to Roderick and Jacqueline, but let's make her sound vaguely satanic, anyway.  

Which they need, since John talked Roderick out of taking a more lucrative job in favor of his ridiculous "bible college".

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, there is some interesting stuff in that prayer letter.

The original story was that Phellion and David just happened to come across a tract with Roderick's testimony.  They trekked over hill and dale for miles to Kafue from Mulamba village to learn more from the Gluttonous White Pastor.  John and Roderick then went out to the village to convert these total strangers, and the Head Man miraculously gave them land to build the church.

We now discover that Phellion is Jacqueline's brother (Roderick's BIL) and didn't stumbled across Roderick's testimony accidentally or by God's miraculous intercession.

Their next excursion is to a village where Jacqueline has a sister and where Rodrick's Grandma (who is probably a very tough cookie and might be a faith healer) owns property.  John has his beady eyes on that property.  Just like he has his beady eyes fixed on poor Arcade's land in Burundi.

John is snowballing off Arcade, and Roderick and Jacqueline.  I hope they all come to their senses soon because they seem to be the core of his "mission."

He has found out that some people aren't who he thought they were.  Yes!  Run, people, run!

And whatever did happen to all those chickens.  We all want to know how Satan killed those little feathered friends and the fowl enterprise.

From John's Facebook 3 hours ago:

I've been rather arrogant about the Truth I've learned,
My haughty attitude has even caused some to spurn
The very things that they need in their lives, 
Because of my spirit, and my wicked pride.

God resisteth the Proud, and cannot empower, 
Though I've meant to do right, from my high tower
I've looked down on so many, seeing their "motes",
Whilst a beam in my eye, as over Truth I did gloat

I saw other's wrongs, and believed I was right, 
That they were walking in darkness, and I in the light
I clung so tightly to Truth that Love slipped through my fingers, 
I failed to speak that Truth with grace to others

Now standing for Truth is a desperately needed position,
But not in a way that gives the Enemy ammunition
God's breaking my heart over my wrongs about being "right",
And giving me a heart towards Him that is broken and Contrite

I've failed so many people in my almost forty years, 
Both living in America, and during our time here
I am posting this in public that everyone may see, 
That I'm truly repentant toward each one of these

My standards aren't changing, I'm not leaving Truth's Way, 
I feel just as strongly about it as I did yesterday
But I'm praying those around me will definitely see, 
A different spirit now to be emanating from me.

Take heed to the Doctrine but first to thyself,
Paul instructed Timothy but also myself
I'll still preach God's Word as It is to men as they are, 
The whole counsel of God both near and far

But by God's Grace supplying, in my weakness and need, 
I'll not preach in pride, but trust God to help them heed
The spiritual work here in Africa is overwhelming and vast,
The need far greater, the laborers insufficient for the task

I cannot afford for my Lord to have to resist,
Myself due to pride, for I need Him to assist
Without His empowering, His Strength and Grace, 
Countless souls will be lost to the flames embrace
Forever burning in darkness, no joy they will know, 
No glory or worship throughout eternity's roll

How wicked and vile it would be for their state, 
If they heard not the Gospel because I think I'm so great
If I revel in rightness, while my Mighty God resists, 
Then my life will be wasted instead of blessed

So I'm asking forgiveness of all those I've hurt, 
Those I've offended, or even treated like dirt
I want to be right before God and before man,
I want to be usable in Jehovah's Master Plan

I don't want to grieve The Holy Spirit inside, 
For I desperately need Him to help me abide
So please pray for this missionary who wants to be right
Not just in my Doctrine but most of all in God's sight.

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia

* Any are welcome to share this poem if the Lord prompts you to do so.

Esther Shrader, Rick-Jodi Shrader

I honestly don't know what to think.  How long will this last?
And will he unblock all those he has blocked. ;)  

Wait- he mentions the "airplane situation" in reply to someone's comment! 
Also, if Jacqueline's sister is "eagerly awaiting to hear the gospel," why doesn't someone just tell her already? Do they have to wait for Great White Saviour John? Does he have a monopoly on it? If someone is "saved" by hearing it from someone else, is it not valid until John comes with his version?
When my dad was "saved" shortly before his death back in 98, people from my church (Free Will Baptist at the time) were concerned that it wasn't "real" because it was my aunt's United Methodist pastor who "led him to Christ." (Also because he died before he could be baptized.) When my sister became an Independent Baptist a few years later, she said she didn't believe our dad was in heaven because "true salvation only comes through IFB preaching."
(Note: I put all those things in quotes because I am no longer a Christian and don't believe any of it's real or necessary.)

John, bring your family home and get a real job. And a vasectomy.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

John is a con-artist,

Who hasn't a clue.

If he really meant to apologize properly he wouldn't have wasted hours writing bad poetry.  He is asking for praise for his poem as well as for his fake humility.

Let's reduce it to prose:

Dear friends,

I still know the Truth, the real Truth, and the only Truth.  I am needed here in Darkest Africa where no-one else knows the Truth. Keep sending me money.  

I've pissed off a lot of people because I've been "rather" arrogant, haughty, and wickedly prideful.  I've been a patronizing ass to people because my way is the Only Right Way.  I walk in Light and everyone else is Wrong.

Free Jinger called me out on forgetting the Love part of Christianity.  Um, yes.  Hell fire is so much more effective.  I am a natural bully who forgets about grace.

So sorry, not sorry, God.  It's time to abase myself again.  Too many people are annoyed with me at the moment and they might stop sending money.  Saying that my arrogance made Satan attack might work to string them along a bit longer.

I'm only 39 but I've screwed over so many people.  Everyone has to be told that I'm sorry.  Publicly so it gets a lot of attention.  I covet attention.

I'm not going to change though.  I'm just going to be humble for a bit.  Humility may make people like me again.  But I'm still Right.

So "sorry" people.  I've hurt you, offended you and treated you like dirt.  Now can we carry on as usual.  Thanks.

Send prayers and don't forget the cash.

I predict John heading into a manic phase.  Let's see what grand scheme comes up next! 

"Please share this poem I wrote about how humble and repentant I am", said no one who was ever humble and repentant. 

This is just away for John to get attention. He also gets to claim he asked for forgiveness from all the people he hurt without actually having to address the ways he hurt people and go apologize. 

Yeah, he is probably heading into a manic phase where he is going to come up with another grand scheme that will fail massively. 

I always adore Fundy poetry, especially SOTDRT pomes....  but I have no idea WHY he's moved to (terrible) verse?  The scansion is awful, but it seems like he's focusing more on the bad poetry than his actual message...

Wow... just wow. That pome should go down as worse "apology"ever.  I can't even find more words. All I can think is "poor esther."

5 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I cannot afford for my Lord to have to resist,
Myself due to pride, for I need Him to assist

Poem title:  "God is my ATM,  this poem is my new PIN number"

I suppose he thinks this will cause more dollars to flow his way, but it sounds like he is going over all his failings as pointed out by someone else.  Maybe daddy lectured him? 

This is at least John's third attempt at a meaningful pome.  There was the ode he wrote to himself on his birthday that was toe-curlingly bad.   He gets worse and worse though. 

Someone has told him off.  It has happened before, but the breast beating never seems to last for more than a few days.  Or minutes.

Start a countdown to when he's back again boasting about his brand new grandiose idea.

6 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

From John's Facebook 3 hours ago:

I honestly don't know what to think.  How long will this last?
And will he unblock all those he has blocked. ;)  

If he is REALLY and TRULY repentant about being a total plonker then he will unblock the blocked and lead us back into his cosy little fold.

What you say John.Eh? True repentance means saying sorry to ALL affected by your pride.

yours in hope,

Nosey blocked person.

John will never, ever, EVER be humble and repentant enough to allow folks to question him on his FB page. Sorry guys, you are going to stay blocked. John's pride can't handle you. Plus, you are probably Satan. :angry-devil:

Are they ever coming back home? I'm starting to think he isn't interested in his children meeting relatives they have not seen in person for most of their lives. The last 2 have not even met their grandparents.

Just thought we could take a journey to another part of Zambia to visit some people who do actual stuff for other people, namely vulnerable babies whose mothers have died or are otherwise unable to care for them or babies/toddlers with medical needs that can't be met at the village level.

zambianhavenonearth.blogspot.com/

For most, at age 3 they are returned to relatives to be raised in their home village. It truly grieves me how much could have been done for locals with the $$ and resources that John has burned through in his time in Zambia.  Right now he's just using up air and space with no good result. #sad

The sale of just one of John's vehicles could buy clothes and toys for the children in the care of the Haven to take to their new lives for quite some time.

I wonder if John even know of its existence?

He keeps his toys to look at. For Status symbols. The large,white,unrepentant glutton,wasteful user-up of other people's money and resources.

The unrepentant blocked club logo:angry-devil: ?

Yeah we've all seen this before. Someone called him out on his revolting holier than thou attitude & pride, he does a Facebook apology (although poem is a new one) & just a few short days later is back to his insufferable self. 

Nothing will change. 

I am new to this particular fundie.  I just read his FB page and all I know is that if I encountered this guy in real life, I'd probably punch him in the face-especially if he told me my dead relatives were in hell. This guy seems like an obnoxious piece of work. I can't believe anybody would ever give him money, let alone take him seriously.  

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Just thought we could take a journey to another part of Zambia to visit some people who do actual stuff for other people, namely vulnerable babies whose mothers have died or are otherwise unable to care for them or babies/toddlers with medical needs that can't be met at the village level.

zambianhavenonearth.blogspot.com/

For most, at age 3 they are returned to relatives to be raised in their home village. It truly grieves me how much could have been done for locals with the $$ and resources that John has burned through in his time in Zambia.  Right now he's just using up air and space with no good result. #sad

What bothers me about fundies like him is that he takes his 10 children on the mission field so donors have to pay for his kids (food, clothing, medical care, etc) If he lived in the US, people would expect him to support his own damn family. Or he would grift around in an RV Ike the rods. But since he is a "missionary" he can use that to get money to support his huge family and his ridiculous schemes. 

In general I'm pretty against giant missionary families. It's such a waste. If you want to go on a mission, do it before you have a million kids. It just makes economic sense. 

7 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Are they ever coming back home? I'm starting to think he isn't interested in his children meeting relatives they have not seen in person for most of their lives. The last 2 have not even met their grandparents.

Esther came back to visit last November and brought IIRC Alatheia, Stephen and Isaiah. If he doesn't get deported, recalled by his sending church or some other major disaster, I suspect they will only come back for occasional visits until Enoch and Alatheia reach courting age.

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What bothers me about fundies like him is that he takes his 10 children on the mission field so donors have to pay for his kids (food, clothing, medical care, etc) If he lived in the US, people would expect him to support his own damn family. Or he would grift around in an RV Ike the rods. But since he is a "missionary" he can use that to get money to support his huge family and his ridiculous schemes. 

In general I'm pretty against giant missionary families. It's such a waste. If you want to go on a mission, do it before you have a million kids. It just makes economic sense. 

I hear you. Unfortunately, John's enablers don't seem to care about actually helping people. They are impressed with the amount of bibles he passes out.

51 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Esther came back to visit last November and brought IIRC Alatheia, Stephen and Isaiah. If he doesn't get deported, recalled by his sending church or some other major disaster, I suspect they will only come back for occasional visits until Enoch and Alatheia reach courting age.

It's good to know there have been visits home.

I don't actually have anything to say...just wanted you all to feast your eyes on the the amazing avatar that @JoyfulSel gave me for Christmas. 

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

Why would they need to visit US to court? I mean, Zambia is full of young boys and girls to court. Oh, wait...

John's reminds me of Brett Keane (with all of the  grifting, at least the manatee only stopped at two children and kept himself parked in Missouri).

Archived