IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

The past few photos I've just chalked up his apperance to stress, living out of the country with a woman child, a full moon whatever the cause I didn't really care cause he's a tool.  This picture today though made me take a step back.  He is beyond gaunt.  He looks sickly. Something isn't right and I'm not talking about their beliefs.  Then I started to think how would Jill deal with having a sick spouse?  She has no coping mechanisms other than the umbrella of the TTH and her parents.  I hope he really is ok but I fear he is not.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

He looks sickly. Something isn't right and I'm not talking about their beliefs.  Then I started to think how would Jill deal with having a sick spouse?  She has no coping mechanisms other than the umbrella of the TTH and her parents.  I hope he really is ok but I fear he is not.

Yeah, I agree. I'm guessing that is part of their reason for coming back to Arkansas full time. They may not say it, but if he's as sick as he looks, Jilly's gonna need the family around for help - especially as she keeps popping out babies. That's literally the only storyline I care about this season. I wanna find out what's wrong with him.

I'm very curious to see what they say is wrong with him on next week's episode. I agree that he is looking worse and worse. Maybe Jill's posts about bad news late last year were in relation to Derick?  

I guess her coping mechanism would be to just lean more on her parents and, if the worst happened, move back in. In a way, it's kind of a good thing that she would have that option and support system, such as it is, since she doesn't have the life skills to stand on her own. 

I'm sorry because I know it's been mentioned plenty already - but I'm blanking.  What did Derick's dad die from?  Any chance there's some sort of genetic condition, that was passed down, and has now been exasperated by trying to live the missionary lifestyle (whatever that means to them) for the last several years of his life, and/or stress?

^ I have my own genetic condition, so I truly don't mean this to come off as snarky or distasteful. 

1 hour ago, Fun Undies said:

I'm sorry because I know it's been mentioned plenty already - but I'm blanking.  What did Derick's dad die from?  Any chance there's some sort of genetic condition, that was passed down, and has now been exasperated by trying to live the missionary lifestyle (whatever that means to them) for the last several years of his life, and/or stress?

^ I have my own genetic condition, so I truly don't mean this to come off as snarky or distasteful. 

Massive coronary at age 50. 

22 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Actually technically Christians believe in the resurrection of the body, so a soul doesn't come into it if you look at theology of all Christian churches 

What the hell?  The soul doesn't matter, or matters less than our physical bodies?  I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.  However, that type of belief explains why I turned away from most religion.  My corporal body is a temporary home for my soul.  That's all.  It is already aging and decaying, while my soul is hopefully gaining some wisdom and strength and will move on, in some form, when my temporary human body dies off.  I like to imagine a sparkling bright positive energy flowing outward into the cosmos, until I'm scattered into far away galaxies.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

They'll make us wait until the last episode.

And then it'll just be an overactive thyroid. 

I think Jill would love to move back in with her parents. She and Derrick could take grandma's room and Izzy could room with his aunts and uncles. I have no doubt she has thought about it. She would probably love to fall back into her role as a J-Slave. She went to the big, bad, CA and it has probably convinced her the only safe place is home is mommy and daddy. Shower racks don't attack in the Duggar household. 

20 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

I agree about the Death with Dignity. My mother is dying right now and it's just so and painful for everybody involved. There shouldnt be any reason she can't chose to go painlessly rather than waiting for some anorexia-induced heart attack to take her of for her lungs to just stop working. 

I'm so sorry you are going through that. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. 

6 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

What the hell?  The soul doesn't matter, or matters less than our physical bodies?  I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.  However, that type of belief explains why I turned away from most religion.  My corporal body is a temporary home for my soul.  That's all.  It is already aging and decaying, while my soul is hopefully gaining some wisdom and strength and will move on, in some form, when my temporary human body dies off.  I like to imagine a sparkling bright positive energy flowing outward into the cosmos, until I'm scattered into far away galaxies.

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

And then it'll just be an overactive thyroid. 

Sorry, these posts were one right after the other and I just found it a little amusing  :).  I probably shouldn't be up this late.

Anyway, @EmmieJ I like your ideas.  I sort of think the same thing, except I feel the positive energy flows outward all the time you are alive and possibly just gets stronger as you age because you have that much more experience and wisdom to give to others.  And when you die, that power and energy just keeps going, moving on toward others through their memories of you.  My grandmother, who passed away 3 decades ago, influenced me greatly with her kindness and I have tried to keep emulating her throughout my interactions with all people I meet.

6 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

The soul does matter in a sense but not without the body. Im not quite sure how to explain it. It's all about the body and soul being one and equal. 

18 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I got a shock today in uni. Turns out one of my friends in fundementally pro-life/anti-abortion. 

We asked what if the baby had a serious disability that meant incredibly low life quality and she said 'well there's loads of help from different sources to deal with that like restbite care' and all I could think was but what about people with mental illness or physical illness that couldn't cope with that or people who couldn't afford it (particularly the US where you pay for healthcare mostly). 

She also said that if it meant the mother would die without an abortion then the mother should let herself die because she's lived her life and the baby hasn't. All I could think was what if there was no one to take care of the baby? Like an abusive father etc. 

She didn't answer when I asked about mother and baby both dying if there was no abortion. 

I did ask about rape though citing the trauma a woman could go through and she basically said the woman should deal with it because it isn't the child's fault or put the child up for adoption. I can't imagine the lasting impact that would have on someone :( 

The "she should just suck it up and have her rapist's baby" attitude has been really getting my goat more than usual (and usually it's snatched my goat up by the hind legs, dragged it into a pickup truck, and driven it to the next state) because I read a story on BBC about some girls in the Central African Republic who had been raped by Ugandan soldiers who had come to "protect" (ostensibly) their town from rebel groups. They got pregnant and had babies they cannot afford to take care of, the whole town knows they were raped and everyone knows raped = dirty and tainted, and understandably, they must deal with several kinds of trauma (including the permanent physical damage from their rapes and childbirth) on top of the stresses of parenting a child they never wanted and will always be a reminder of a terrible thing that happened to them. These girls were 12 and 13.

But some uninformed white guy whose greatest hardship was a hangnail is so compassionate and cares so much about children's lives that he's totally fine cutting funding to NGO health programs that could have helped these girls terminate these unhealthy, unsafe, and unwanted pregnancies and get proper gynecological and psychiatric care.

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm sure they are very anti end of life assistance of any kind. [...] But I'm sure they are firmly pro death penalty. Because THEY like to pick who lives and dies. 

Yes, I have always found this very hypocritical. In my country there's only one party in favor of the death penalty, and this party is also against abortion and euthanesia (also the only party that opposes these two issues btw): the fundamentalist christian party.  Regarding their pro-death penalty stance, their political programme states that God allows/gives the the government the power to (literally) wield the sword of justice when necessary. The government becomes kind of the stand in of God in cases where severe justice needs to be applied.
I find this type of reasoning utter bs, and still also very hypocritical. If you really believe this kind of reasoning, you could also reason that allowing abortion in cases of rape is applying God's justice, and that assisting the terminally ill to die is applying God's mercy, etc. etc.
But reason isn't generally the strongest point of a fundy.

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

The Twitter answer from Derick, he's healthy! 

Not in the mind, he's got a bad case of douchebagitis. 

What do y'all think would have happened if Josh did have sex with another woman (I don't think that's been confirmed right?) but got her pregnant. How would that situation play out? Assuming she had the baby and wanted it (not willing to give it away to Josh/Anna for example).

7 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

What do y'all think would have happened if Josh did have sex with another woman (I don't think that's been confirmed right?) but got her pregnant. How would that situation play out? Assuming she had the baby and wanted it (not willing to give it away to Josh/Anna for example).

I think he would have been like any other right wing pro-life  political figure told his mistress to have an abortion.  And It's confirmed he had sex with at least 1 other woman.  As for the baby, if he couldn't convince her to terminate, they would ignore said child and pretend like it never existed. 

3 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

The Twitter answer from Derick, he's healthy! 

It's just all the hate that he has bubbing inside him coming out. "The devil coming out through him." As my grandfather would say. 

Well now we know he's healthy he's spoiled the story line for TLC. Don't bother watching to see why he's puking he's quite healthy. Way to go, Derick.

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well now we know he's healthy he's spoiled the story line for TLC. Don't bother watching to see why he's puking he's quite healthy. Way to go, Derick.

and now we have another spoiler courtesy of this num nut - clearly he doesn't understand the concept of reality tv or spoilers 

:D

and someone should tweet him - that now we won't watch to find out he just likes to gag while he runs 

57 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

i hate commenting at all about these two because well you know all how i feel 

anyway - can i say - anna would adopt the baby 

I'm bloody sure Joshley would pay for an abortion, and pay good money that this would never leak to tabloids.

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I'm bloody sure Joshley would pay for an abortion, and pay good money that this would never leak to tabloids.

I agree. An illegitimate spawn of a Duggar would constantly be a reminder of his shame and mistake (in his eyes). Or maybe he would pay her off to pretend it's someone else's baby, but that choice is risky cause she could always choose to go public.

On 1/10/2017 at 0:05 PM, justmy2cents said:

No you really don't need to mention it again.  If you do want to mention it then maybe you also want to mention that Derick has his arm protectively around Jill again too.

Jill has to be cling to Derick so tightly cause skeletor might blow away lol!

17 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

The past few photos I've just chalked up his apperance to stress, living out of the country with a woman child, a full moon whatever the cause I didn't really care cause he's a tool.  This picture today though made me take a step back.  He is beyond gaunt.  He looks sickly. Something isn't right and I'm not talking about their beliefs.  Then I started to think how would Jill deal with having a sick spouse?  She has no coping mechanisms other than the umbrella of the TTH and her parents.  I hope he really is ok but I fear he is not.

Derick looks worse every day that passes.  The sicker he looks the more mentally unstable he seems.  Last season, when we seen Jill take a melt down over a shower rack falling, I began to wonder if there was a lot more going on.  I know that she has lived an extremely sheltered life and something as small as a shower rack falling down could scare the life out of her.  But I also am concerned that Derick may be very ill and it may be all starting to get to Jill.  I would say she has more then a few regrets at this point.

17 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

I'm very curious to see what they say is wrong with him on next week's episode. I agree that he is looking worse and worse. Maybe Jill's posts about bad news late last year were in relation to Derick?  

I guess her coping mechanism would be to just lean more on her parents and, if the worst happened, move back in. In a way, it's kind of a good thing that she would have that option and support system, such as it is, since she doesn't have the life skills to stand on her own. 

I agree with you but I do not know if the Duggars would ever actually admit that there is something wrong with Derick if he was to be diagnosed with any kind of illness.  I would worry that they think it was something that could be cured with prayer and just never mention it to the media. On the other hand, maybe they know it would be good ratings. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived