IGNORED

The State of Georgia versus Denver Fenton Allen

47of74

I just learned of this tonight where a Georgia judge lost his cool when dealing with a very rude defendant earlier this summer.

http://legal.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/23/georgia-judge-loses-it-over-vulgar-courtroom-exchange/

Adult Swim of course had to recreate the exchange;

And of course here is the transcript, in all its glory.

http://coosavalleynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Transcript-Denver-Allen.pdf

How the fuck did I not find out about this when it happened?!

1 minute ago, Khan said:

Wow. What makes a person behave this way? I need to reread my psych books.

When you say person were you referring to the defendant or the judge?

Methinks both. The defendant was goading the judge like a true pain in the ass and the judge rose to the bait. 

I laughed so hard I woke my poor napping lap cat. Adult Swim always does these things so well.

15 hours ago, Khan said:

Methinks both. The defendant was goading the judge like a true pain in the ass and the judge rose to the bait. 

I laughed so hard I woke my poor napping lap cat. Adult Swim always does these things so well.

I suppose the cat wants to swear at me even more than Mr. Allen did at that judge.

I read thru the transcript.  OMG OMG.  That judge should have had him removed about two minutes in!  Oh, to be a fly on the wall in that courtroom!  :roll:

On 10/7/2016 at 3:34 PM, MarblesMom said:

I read thru the transcript.  OMG OMG.  That judge should have had him removed about two minutes in!  Oh, to be a fly on the wall in that courtroom!  :roll:

Oh to have been the court reporter at this hearing.  I'm wagering he/she had one of two reactions:

• I went to school for this?!
  • This is awesome.  I will remember this day for the rest of my life.

I just snorted soda out my nose, I shouldn't alternated listening this &  to the Drunken Peasants play a "Living Man" video.

If this really happened, my guess is either the defendant is trying for an insanity excuse, or he is completely insane.

10 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

If this really happened, my guess is either the defendant is trying for an insanity excuse, or he is completely insane.

I know, right! Methinks this guy had a steady diet of Law & Order which qualifies him to be his own council. I was :laughing-rofl: over his repeated request for discovery. 

So I just listened to this instead of watching the presidential debate.  I suspect the debate is going more or less the same way. 

17 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

I know, right! Methinks this guy had a steady diet of Law & Order which qualifies him to be his own council. I was :laughing-rofl: over his repeated request for discovery. 

The repeated request for discovery, especially "crime scene photos", made me wonder if he wanted to relive the thing in all its gory details.

The repeated request for discovery, especially "crime scene photos", made me wonder if he wanted to relive the thing in all its gory details.

He probably wanted to use the photos for gratification.

• 6 months later...

Update here, Mr. Allen has been declared unfit to stand trial

ajc.com/news/crime--law/murder-suspect-who-provoked-judge-vulgarity-found-not-fit-for-trial/OcIz11ZXUQXXCJmlZV1lgO/

A murder defendant, who previously provoked a judge into a vulgar, obscenity-laden exchange, was temporarily declared unfit to stand trail Tuesday, according to the Rome News-Tribune.

Floyd County Superior Court Judge Billy Sparks signed an order Tuesday stating that a recent report by the Georgia Department of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities concluded that Allen is not fit for trial at this time, the News-Tribune reported.

Allen is expected to be transferred to a state facility where he can again be evaluated.

Archived