IGNORED

60 Days In on A & E - any other fans?

MarblesMom

I just happened upon this tonight and I think I am hooked!

They send in random people to live amongst the County Jail population... wow!  Holy smokes! 

Remind me to never apply for work at a correctional facility.  I would last about 30 minutes.

My BFF watches this show and has tried to get me to watch. I think I need to try and catch it online or on-demand. She is hooked too.

A former coworker went to work at a state prison. The stories she told me made me ill. I couldn't do it either. I had a tough enough time having to type up fingerprint cards of prisoners when I was a dispatcher at the police department of a small city. I had to sit in a small room with the prisoner and the officer. Many of the prisoners were intoxicated on alcohol and/or drugs and many had urinated or defecated on themselves, so they smelled bad. Luckily I type fast, so I could get out quickly.  One time, two officers had arrested a juvenile repeat offender. Because he was a juvenile, they couldn't take him to jail (the juvenile detention facility was 20 miles south of our city). He was on PCP and crazed. They had him handcuffed and walked him past the radio room, where I was sitting alone. He tried to break away from the officers and charge after me, screaming, "hey, she looks good, I want to  <f...> her". One of the officers had to grab him by the throat. He started screaming so much, he blew out some stitches in his mouth from recent dental work, spewing blood all over the hallway. I had never been so scared. I can't imagine having to deal with people like that every day.

I came across that show last night, and I'm hooked. I do wonder what happens if one of them figures out that someone else in their pod is also part of the program before they're told after their 60 days are over.

Archived