IGNORED

Casey Anthony Attempts a Photography Business

roddma

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, she's an icky person and I wouldn't want anything to do with a business she ran.

On the other hand, though... Casey Anthony is still a relatively young woman with a lot of years ahead of her, and if she's not allowed to work, how exactly is she supposed to support herself? Would having her on public assistance for the next fifty years really be in the best interest of the general public? What does running her out of business actually accomplish on a practical level? It's not like it's going to cause her to have remorse if she doesn't have any already.

I certainly have no love for Casey Anthony, but if the choices are having her working or having her living on assistance and just bumming around with way too much time on her hands, I'd rather see her in a job. At least it has a chance of keeping her out of trouble and keeping her from being a burden on the taxpayers.

This strikes me as very weird.  If people hate you to the point where you've been in hiding, do you really want to chance any of them "hiring" you?  Wouldn't it make more sense to get a behind-the-scenes type job where you're less likely to be recognized and harassed?  I'm thinking along the lines of billing clerk, call center rep, or stockroom.

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

This strikes me as very weird.  If people hate you to the point where you've been in hiding, do you really want to chance any of them "hiring" you?  Wouldn't it make more sense to get a behind-the-scenes type job where you're less likely to be recognized and harassed?  I'm thinking along the lines of billing clerk, call center rep, or stockroom.

The jobs you mentioned are pretty low-level, and I could see why she wouldn't want to take them. While I don't think Casey Anthony has much in the way of formal education, at this point she might just be thinking, "Haters gonna hate, and I need to put food on the table." Unlike Josh Duggar, Casey Anthony doesn't have parents who can give her a job that will keep her out of sight and on a short leash. I would be surprised if she's even on speaking terms with her parents, to be honest. However, I'm surprised that she hasn't changed her name, since I don't think many people would know who she was if she had a different name.

I too had rather her work.  Her own business is likely the best option because of bad publicity.I can't see many employers wanting to hire her.

She might have trouble getting a work visa for another country given her risk for criminal activity and high profile status.

It would be simpler for her to just change her name and her look. I don't think after this much time has passed, many people would recognize her on sight if she was calling herself something different and had a majorly different hairstyle. There may be some aspect of her legal situation that prevents a name change, though.

At the risk of sounding daft, who is she? It says in the article she was aquitted of her daughter's murder. Is this one of those times when it's likely she had something to do with it but they had no concrete evidence or did she leave the little girl in dangerous circumstances or something?

2 hours ago, unsafetydancer said:

At the risk of sounding daft, who is she? It says in the article she was aquitted of her daughter's murder. Is this one of those times when it's likely she had something to do with it but they had no concrete evidence or did she leave the little girl in dangerous circumstances or something?

She almost certainly killed the child, but was acquitted because the jury did not follow the normal definition of the reasonable doubt standard (i.e. the doubt should be reasonable for the defendant to be acquitted, not just someone somewhere could possibly come up with some wild scenario where it might not have happened that way) and because by the time Caylee's remains were found, they were basically skeletal, so the cause of death could not be officially established beyond a shadow of a doubt even though there was significant evidence pointing to homicide. In the United States it is generally thought that Casey Anthony got away with a very callous murder of her child, who was most likely killed for pure convenience.

Just wiki'd her. Yikes! How did she even get away with that?

A bit off-topic, but what's the deal with her attorney now saying she told him she did it, and paid with sex, etc.

Doesn't that automatically get him disbarred? Is he still subject to attorney-client confidentiality? I'm just confused as to how this would remotely be OK for an attorney to do.

attorney did not claim she had sex with him he denies it. it is the private detective that is claiming it. 

9 minutes ago, doggie said:

attorney did not claim she had sex with him he denies it. it is the private detective that is claiming it. 

OK, thanks for clarifying that.

But didn't the attorney come out and say she told him she was guilty? And you're not allowed to do that, right? Or I would think not.

@EyeQueue, I'm not sure that Jose Baez has said publicly that Casey admitted her guilt, but if he told the private dick that she admitted it I think that it would be a breach of attorney-client confidentiality.  

There's no doubt in my mind that Casey murdered little Caylee.  She ought to be serving a life sentence without parole. 

20 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

But didn't the attorney come out and say she told him she was guilty? And you're not allowed to do that, right? Or I would think not.

The investigator claims that the attorney stated that to him. As far as I know, the attorney has not admitted to anything. Naturally some of the media headlines have tried to make it more sensational, of course.

It's a little hard to follow because the defendant and the investigator both happen to be named Casey (Casey Anthony and Dominic Casey respectively) but it all appears to be part and parcel of the same set of accusations by the investigator against the attorney.

If it's true that Baez (the attorney) said that, it would indeed be a breach of privilege, but it's just an accusation at this point, not a proven fact that he did.

Thanks, @Mercer. I had not had the time to go through all of those articles, so was going by the headlines or the brief skimming I have done. Thanks for clarifying this. It is confusing. :/

The mention of her brings up so many memories. As someone who participated in the outreach to locate Caylee, I feel duped and betrayed. She preyed the public's trust and goodwill.

I reckon she needs to work, but I'm not here for it. The only thing worse would be her joining up with George Zimmerman for a reality show. 

23 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

The only thing worse would be her joining up with George Zimmerman for a reality show. 

Jeez...don't give them any ideas. ;)

On 29 May 2016 at 3:43 AM, Toothfairy said:

Why won't she move to another country

This would assume there would be a country who would actually want her- uneducated, spotty work history, and almost definitely murdered her toddler daughter in a case that made international headlines? 

I always get kind of annoyed at assumptions like "just move to another country"...as an ex-pat from another Western country living in the US with an impeccable work history and criminal record and being highly educated, the US still makes it very difficult to live here, and so they should. My home country has even tougher immigration laws. No way someone like Casey Anthony would be able to immigrate easily to another English speaking country. 

5 hours ago, Aine said:

This would assume there would be a country who would actually want her- uneducated, spotty work history, and almost definitely murdered her toddler daughter in a case that made international headlines? 

I always get kind of annoyed at assumptions like "just move to another country"...as an ex-pat from another Western country living in the US with an impeccable work history and criminal record and being highly educated, the US still makes it very difficult to live here, and so they should. My home country has even tougher immigration laws. No way someone like Casey Anthony would be able to immigrate easily to another English speaking country. 

Everyone on America hates her just like Zimmerman. She's done with. Who wants to hire her. That's why I suggested another country. Maybe she could hid out somewhere and try to make money.

6 hours ago, Aine said:

the US still makes it very difficult to live here, and so they should. My home country has even tougher immigration laws. No way someone like Casey Anthony would be able to immigrate easily to another English speaking country. 

ISIS would love her and pay her well :GRONDE:

I was unfortunately convicted of a serious crime I wasn't guilty of (long complicated story with Loyang blatant judicial and prosecuturial misconduct I wouldn't have believed could happen until it happened to me) and in my small town there was a disproportionately high amount of media coverage thanks to a single obsessed "reporter" and may of the most sensational components of the relentless articles were factually incorrect even in terms of the injustice from the system. 

It has completely ruined my life. I can't find work outside waiting tables and even those jobs are difficult to obtain and often result in random termination despite putting up with inappropriate conditions from labor violations to sexual harassment. I once had a scholarship to an Ivy and later law school not to brag but just to show waiting tables isn't the filling career I was headed towards. If anything provokes me to want to relapse and do anything criminal it's depression and an inability to support myself because of the relentlessness of the system. It's the ultimate catch 22. 

Not saying Casey Anthony was innocent or the victim of an attempted political gain or anything like that just that I sympathize with a lot of either ex cons or even those tried only by the media when it comes to job opportunities and living out the rest of their lives fullfillingly after they've paid their debts.

11 hours ago, zee_four said:

I was unfortunately convicted of a serious crime I wasn't guilty of (long complicated story with Loyang blatant judicial and prosecuturial misconduct I wouldn't have believed could happen until it happened to me) and in my small town there was a disproportionately high amount of media coverage thanks to a single obsessed "reporter" and may of the most sensational components of the relentless articles were factually incorrect even in terms of the injustice from the system. 

It has completely ruined my life. I can't find work outside waiting tables and even those jobs are difficult to obtain and often result in random termination despite putting up with inappropriate conditions from labor violations to sexual harassment. I once had a scholarship to an Ivy and later law school not to brag but just to show waiting tables isn't the filling career I was headed towards. If anything provokes me to want to relapse and do anything criminal it's depression and an inability to support myself because of the relentlessness of the system. It's the ultimate catch 22. 

Not saying Casey Anthony was innocent or the victim of an attempted political gain or anything like that just that I sympathize with a lot of either ex cons or even those tried only by the media when it comes to job opportunities and living out the rest of their lives fullfillingly after they've paid their debts.

There are legal remedies in cases of judicial or prosecutorial misconduct, even post conviction.  If a conviction is unfounded then there are ways to fight it, especially if its impacting your life like you say.

Were you offered a sentence as a youthful or first offender?

On May 29, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Mercer said:

She almost certainly killed the child, but was acquitted because the jury did not follow the normal definition of the reasonable doubt standard (i.e. the doubt should be reasonable for the defendant to be acquitted, not just someone somewhere could possibly come up with some wild scenario where it might not have happened that way) and because by the time Caylee's remains were found, they were basically skeletal, so the cause of death could not be officially established beyond a shadow of a doubt even though there was significant evidence pointing to homicide. In the United States it is generally thought that Casey Anthony got away with a very callous murder of her child, who was most likely killed for pure convenience.

I think a big reason she was acquitted has to do with the charges brought by Prosecutors. Had she been found guilty she very likely would have gotten the Death Penalty for it. If the Prosecutors had iron clad evidence proving how Caylee had died it likely would have been an easier call to make - but they didn't (through no fault of their own; I don't think they can be blamed for not finding her remains faster given the circumstances.)

I can absolutely see why Jurors would hesitate in that situation - there have been many stories of innocent people on Death Row over the years and that has to weigh very heavily on Jurors in cases where the Death Penalty is at stake.

(And I'm not saying Casey is innocent here. I think it's likely she did kill her child - either purposely or by accident. I wish she had received some form of punishment for it, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.)

Archived