SpoonfulOSugar

Sparkling Adventures Eleventy!!!!1!! Lauren's Laments

Koala

From her FB:

Are you far off having your baby?

Blahblah
14 hours ago, Koala said:

From her FB:

@Koala  Eh? Another one? How? Why? Is it even true?  And did you notice the poster of the comment had check in location in West Africa? Boarding school link?

Lurky

I'd been wondering what Lauren was up to, because that last blog post in April sounded so sad.  She hasn't updated since, and there's not much on her instagram (though someone's given them a bus), but this latest post had me gawping.  I think of myself as pretty un-shockable, but these anatomically correct, hand-sculpted puppets for use in "sexual healing circles" made me YIKES outloud!

("How can made-up creatures be anatomically correct?", I hear you ask.  I have no idea, but I'm still stuck on crocheting a retractable foreskin!)

Edited by Lurky

August

OMG, I needed that laugh this week!

Did you see this one? She ain't friends with no fatties!

parklingadventuresI showed the #FeministFrequency video on female body types in computer games to the girls and encouraged them to draw a greater range and scope of body types in their daily cartooning. They've taken it to heart. Aisha said to me this morning — when I commented positively on this drawing: "Before, I thought most of the population was skinny!" It makes me aware that most of our friends — primarily through alternative lifestyle choices — are slim, but she's starting to observe that the wider world is full of a wonderful range of beautiful bodies. #mightygirl #feministpride#bodypositive

LilMissMetaphor

I wonder what Lauren and the girls have been up to.

SRC

I wonder that as well. The story of Elijah, Lauren, David, & the girls haunts me still.

truthseeker

I was just thinking about them.  Can't find anything online.

chaotic life

I am slightly worried. Hellena had a mention in a post Feb 6, 2017 about how a friend, the mother of four of the most beautiful children she knew, had died. And it’s almost as if Lauren ceased to exist after her post about the grief overwhelming her.

My worry early on, because we walked similar grief journeys a month apart in time, was that she was so disengaged from her grief it might one day consume her.

I can find stuff on her friends and Daniel’s father Ben is as active online as he always was. But Lauren essentially disappeared after that. There were some random sporadic sights until last year and there appear to be none whatsoever after that point. For a woman who spent her entire adult life online and who mingled with others with huge online presence, that comment by Hellena worries me.

keen23

Red Lauren posted on Facebook on 11/08/2017. So she was either alive or someone posted there on her behalf.