IGNORED

Couple arrested for Las Vegas ferris wheel sex

47of74

A young couple is in a bit of trouble with the law after getting it on during a ride on a Las Vegas Ferris wheel;

huffingtonpost.com/entry/couple-felony-las-vegas-ferris-wheel_us_56bb5f7de4b0c3c5504f8f02

A couple's alleged moment of passion on top of a glass Ferris wheel in Las Vegas has ended with felony charges -- once again disproving the adage, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Phillip Frank Panzica III, 27, of Houston, Texas and Chloe Scordianos, 21, of Hicksville, N.Y., were arrested Friday after they were allegedly filmed getting it on inside the High Roller observation wheel, KTNV reports.

While the couple was riding around the 550-foot-tall wheel -- the "highest observation wheel" in the world -- police say they were seen having sex and smoking cigarettes inside their floor-to-ceiling glass cabin. They allegedly momentarily stopped when confronted by security on an intercom before starting up again.

The couple said that they were just "having a good time and didn't think anyone would notice" after a security guard approached them at the ride’s end, according to a police report obtained by News 3 Las Vegas.

It was also noted in the article that the dude had an arrest warrant out for him.

JeanLucFacePalm.thumb.jpg

Come on, Huff Post. Where is your joke about how this is something that "won't stay in Vegas, after all?" 

I've been on that observation wheel. Every other cabin has a bar, and those ones are crowded. Not that many people just go to observe, even if you can bring a drink with you. There are also really dumb jokes on the video when you reach 420 ft. 

That being said, it sounds like they were the only people in their cabin. I think felony charges are a little over the top. 

I have no issue with consenting adults doing whatever they want to in private, but I do have an issue with sex in public because there is an unavoidable element of non-consent - the other person doesn't have a choice about whether or not to witness a sex act, and it's really not okay to force that on someone for your own gratification.

I would give this couple the benefit of the doubt that they might not have realized that other people could see them, except that they were asked to stop by security and chose to continue. That says to me that they just didn't care how their actions affected anyone else.

Felony charges are perhaps a bit much, but I do think legal consequences are appropriate for this type of deliberate behavior.

9 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Come on, Huff Post. Where is your joke about how this is something that "won't stay in Vegas, after all?"

In the first sentence :)

A couple's alleged moment of passion on top of a glass Ferris wheel in Las Vegas has ended with felony charges -- once again disproving the adage, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I'm thinking his outstanding warrant had something to do with the fellony charge. I'm with Mercer on sex in public.

Basic observation. Too much glass, based on the picture.  Would need to have some sort of opaque or solid wall at least halfway up.  And, since there are people above you much of the time, the angles are wrong. 

They needed something more like one of the older ski lift  gondolas....better enclosure, more distance between units and better angles. ..

16424636-Old-ski-gondola-of-the-town-of-

Archived